bank transfers from ATM

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for reading.

I have a Siam Commercial Bank ATM card. I would like to transfer funds to a business that also has a Siam Commercial Account. Nearby where I live there is only a Kasikorn ATM machine. I tried to do this there, but I didn't see the option for it. Do I have to go to a Siam Commercial Bank ATM in order to do this transaction?

I look forward to your reply / replies.

Merry Christmas!

You must do transfers from the parent bank, in your case, SCB. If you were to sign up for SCB Internet banking, however, you could transfer from your home via the Internet. (I bank at Bangkok Bank and am only assuming that SCB offers Internet banking). You can probably sign up at a branch or via an SCB ATM.

• Like 1

As the previous poster pointed out, interbank transfers must be done from a parent bank ATM. From the ATM menu, go to TRANSFER, then to "OTHER BANK", you will usually get a menu listing a code number for most banks. Select and enter the proper code, destination account number and amount and it should be instantly transferred. You usually also have an option for SMS notification to the destination account holder if you enter their mobile number.

Make sure to save your receipts until you have confirmation that the funds are there.

As the previous poster pointed out, interbank transfers must be done from a parent bank ATM. From the ATM menu, go to TRANSFER, then to "OTHER BANK", you will usually get a menu listing a code number for most banks. Select and enter the proper code, destination account number and amount and it should be instantly transferred. You usually also have an option for SMS notification to the destination account holder if you enter their mobile number.

Make sure to save your receipts until you have confirmation that the funds are there.

Correct ,we do it all the time , never had a problem.

• 1 month later...

You must do transfers from the parent bank, in your case, SCB. If you were to sign up for SCB Internet banking, however, you could transfer from your home via the Internet. (I bank at Bangkok Bank and am only assuming that SCB offers Internet banking). You can probably sign up at a branch or via an SCB ATM.

Thank you very much for sharing your responses. Yes. I was able to set it up via internet banking and it worked out perfectly. Thank you for your support. It saved me the day and the money from having to go and figure it out myself. Again, your help is very much appreciated!

Please have a great day. Br.