Are Free Tat Towels Handed At The Airport Dangerous

MyPenRye

This is totally unconfirmed.

... as seen on > http://bangkok.craigslist.org/rnr/192396451.html

"You know, this is too ###### much! Now the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is distributing those cold washclothes you can buy to cool yourself off. Sometimes (if you're spending money with them) people give them to you. But now TAT is distributing them for free. The towels are wrapped in plastic advertising TAT. But here's the rub: They are GBH/DMSO towels! GBH is the well-known date rape drug that knocks you out, and DMSO is a chemical that carries anything it's mixed with into the bloodstream of anyone who touches it.

TAT has been giving these towels to airport employees who pass them out to farang arriving in Bangkok. When the unsuspecting visitor arrives they are, essentially, knocked out, robbed for everything they have, then directed to the Western Union office to get airfare home, and a bribe to get out of the drug charge. Sometimes they leave them with their return ticket, but take watches and other personal belongings to pay the bribe."

I think the OP has been taking too much of the drug myself

Funny!

Mmmm! But, if one was to take that drug in Thailand, could you get date-raped by some lovely Thai ladies ? :o (This is a rhetorical question, BTW. I am not that naive! :D or on drugs, for that matter :D )

In any case, I thought I would just alert people in the unlikely eventuality that this could be true. I agree with previous posters that this appeared as far-fetched, but I don't live in Thailand, so ...

Thank you for comfirming my doubts.

So, I guess someone does not like TOT too much. Could it be that the Pataya incidents with the transexuals could be the reason behind this?