Airport to Patong

CRUNCHER

There's a bus which will drop you outside Banzaan Market (rear of JungCeylon shopping mall): http://phuketairportbusexpress.com/en

A ticket costs 120 Baht per passenger which makes it slightly uneconomical considering there are six of you, but it does offer an alternative.

I don't know where you're proposing to stay, but C&N Hotel offers a free airport transfer if you book directly via their own site: http://www.cngroup.viewshop-webhosting.com/cnhotelpatong/special.php

There's a bus which will drop you outside Banzaan Market (rear of JungCeylon shopping mall): http://phuketairportbusexpress.com/en

A ticket costs 120 Baht per passenger which makes it slightly uneconomical considering there are six of you, but it does offer an alternative.

I don't know where you're proposing to stay, but C&N Hotel offers a free airport transfer if you book directly via their own site: http://www.cngroup.viewshop-webhosting.com/cnhotelpatong/special.php

With luggage for 6? With an elderly couple?

Terrible advice.

• Like 1

The only people that use that crap service is broke ass expats. Even the bargirls get taxis from the airport.

• Like 2

The only people that use that crap service is broke ass expats. Even the bargirls get taxis from the airport.

As a matter of interest, why do you describe the bus service it as 'crap'? Did you ever travel with them?

• Like 1

As a matter of interest, why do you describe the bus service it as 'crap'? Did you ever travel with them?

Because he wants to provoke.

Because he wants to provoke.
I thought it was pretty spot on.

Chinese crammed on to tour buses along with the Russians so you can rule them out using the shuttle service.

People on a two week holiday aren't going to fly all the way here to penny pinch and wait for a bus after a long flight with luggage.

It's the expats who don't want to pay for parking and want to save a few baht by using the shuttle between visa runs.

It's basically for people like NKM who reside in Patong in a rented room.

If you live anywhere else on the island it makes no sense financially as you'll be paying for a tuk tuk to get home from Patong.

• Like 1

I thought it was pretty spot on.

Chinese crammed on to tour buses along with the Russians so you can rule them out using the shuttle service.

People on a two week holiday aren't going to fly all the way here to penny pinch and wait for a bus after a long flight with luggage.

It's the expats who don't want to pay for parking and want to save a few baht by using the shuttle between visa runs.

It's basically for people like NKM who reside in Patong in a rented room.

If you live anywhere else on the island it makes no sense financially as you'll be paying for a tuk tuk to get home from Patong.

Agree, many arguments against using the bus, and for the op unsuitable. But his statement about the bus and its users are pure provocation from a well established provocateur.

• Like 2

Steven. I am not provoking, I have certain opinions and stick to them. Perhaps your opinions may provoke others too.

I think Hans is right, and I will add to that...Of the 50000+ expats that live in Phuket, It only services the thousand or so expats that live on Nanai Road. If you are a tourist on a budget then grab a minivan because at least they will drop you near the hotel. Minivans get there a lot faster than some big old clunking bus that gets caught in traffic. A family of 5 on their first trip to Thailand catches the bus to Banzaan Markets, then when they depart the bus they will be swarmed on by hundreds of Tuk Tuk Drivers and suit vendors while they are struggling with their luggage through the filthy streets of Patong for hours in the heat trying to find their hotel, yeah great service, just to save a few bucks

The service is crap, no 2 ways about it.

And no I havent used it and never will, if I was that short of cash I probably wouldnt stay in Phuket.

"It's basically for people like NKM who reside in Patong in a rented room." - for the record, I rent a reasonably nice apartment, and a friend takes me to the airport in his car, and picks me up, when I am doing a visa run.

For his trouble, we go to a decent farang restaurant, where he can order what he likes off the menu, and then we go out for drinks - all on me.

I have another friend who has a bar on Bangla Road. When I am going for a night out on Bangla, I arrange to jump on the back of his motorbike, and most of the time get a lift home with him at 2am, as he is a moderate drinker.

For his trouble, I buy him a few beers, in his bar, and also some drinks, every now and then, for some of his staff.

Anything during the day Eg. shopping, going to one of the beaches etc, I have my own motorbike.

This sytem has been working well for me for some time now.

I have never caught the airport bus, so I can not comment on this service.

Sadly, despite being under military rule, there appears that there will never be proper public transport on Phuket, which is one of the reasons, if not the main reason, western tourists are not coming here in the numbers they used to.

Edited by NamKangMan

Steven. I am not provoking, I have certain opinions and stick to them. Perhaps your opinions may provoke others too.

I think Hans is right, and I will add to that...Of the 50000+ expats that live in Phuket, It only services the thousand or so expats that live on Nanai Road. If you are a tourist on a budget then grab a minivan because at least they will drop you near the hotel. Minivans get there a lot faster than some big old clunking bus that gets caught in traffic. A family of 5 on their first trip to Thailand catches the bus to Banzaan Markets, then when they depart the bus they will be swarmed on by hundreds of Tuk Tuk Drivers and suit vendors while they are struggling with their luggage through the filthy streets of Patong for hours in the heat trying to find their hotel, yeah great service, just to save a few bucks

And no I havent used it and never will, if I was that short of cash I probably wouldnt stay in Phuket.

"If you are a tourist on a budget then grab a minivan because at least they will drop you near the hotel." - are the minivans still stopping at that travel agent for the hard sell on tours, and telling you your hotel has burnt down etc etc?

I believe this little unscheduled stop can take around an hour, sometimes.

"The service is crap, no 2 ways about it." - public transport, or lack of it, on the whole of Phuket "is crap, no 2 ways about it."

Edited by NamKangMan

Backpackers are usually on a budget and don't mind the delay caused by travelling by bus. Also, they usually have a budget hotel already planned and don't as you insolently suggest, struggle in the hot sun to find a cheap hotel.

Whether or not you agree with those types of visitors is irrelevant because travellers on a budget should be able to go wherever they wish without fear of being ridiculed by arrogant cretins like yourself.

In addition, unless we encourage bus operators, there will never be a public transport service on the island. At least this company is going some way to address that problem and at great risk from the tuk-tuk fraternity who'll try to prevent it becoming a success.

• Like 1

I landed in Phuket 9PM last night and the taxi service was a nightmare. The cashier lady at the Meter Taxi stand said they're out of taxis, so i asked will there be more taxis coming later, her answer was no - with a smile. I didn´t find any info of a possible airport bus so I asked the "limousine taxi" guys how much to Phuket Town "1,500b, very busy now!" (normal price with meter is around 550b and 650 with a limousine on a quiet day)

Looks like these no-meter taxis are still allowed to rip off tourists whenever it gets busy at the airport. Even a guy in wheelchair was told " no more taxi". People were confused and worried, while taxi touts made jokes of their funny "<deleted>" faces.

All that talk and work last year to change and improve Phukets taxi service seems to be next years dream. Fortunately my meter taxi guy was on shift and I had to wait only 30 minutes for him to return to the airport and pick me up. I have no idea how long others had to wait or how much they paid.

Phuket Shuttle is the way to go. The last thing you want after a long flight/clearing Immigration is to have to wait around for a taxi and then potentially get ripped off. Another good thing about Phuket Shuttle is you can book your taxi online and dont need to enter your credit card details. Just pay cash at the end of the journey.

Backpackers are usually on a budget and don't mind the delay caused by travelling by bus. Also, they usually have a budget hotel already planned and don't as you insolently suggest, struggle in the hot sun to find a cheap hotel.

Whether or not you agree with those types of visitors is irrelevant because travellers on a budget should be able to go wherever they wish without fear of being ridiculed by arrogant cretins like yourself.

In addition, unless we encourage bus operators, there will never be a public transport service on the island. At least this company is going some way to address that problem and at great risk from the tuk-tuk fraternity who'll try to prevent it becoming a success.

I don't particularly hang around unwashed backpackers that I see everyday hiking through the hot sun to save 10 baht on a Song Taew. Each to their own.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to use a service I wouldn't use. The bus service is crap. Even if there is a group of 5 or 6 people sharing 2 taxis that's 1600 baht to Patong or 250baht each. People complain about zero baht tourists coming from Korea and Russia. At least they pump money into the tours and latex factories.