If Thai woman has a farang hubbie, does she get derided by other Thais?

Smithwick

You are not talking about racism. You are talking about bigotry.

I would expect more from a person that owns bookstores. Perhaps reading some of them might broaden your understanding. There are subtle differences between bias, prejudice and discrimation. All forms of discrimination are categorized under bigotry including race, gender, age etc.

People that discriminate against immigrants are racist regardless if they are just different nationalities, cultures or race. sdanielmcev:"That contradicts what you've been saying."

You didn't actually read the piece written in yellow did you?

"which he cannot show to be justifiable irrespective of the colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins of the person to whom it applied"

sdanielmcev "I know of no country that has successfully defended a definition of racism as other than against a certain race, not culture, class, nationality, etc..."

You apparently have never been to the US or have read the last Thai Constitution.

When I worked for the US government in Washington we all had to take a culture sensitivity training seminar and were informed quite clearly what is defined as racial prejudice.

Not that Wiki is a great source but most other major sources I have read classify it similarly.

Race is a social concept used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, and/or social affiliation.

Your verbosity only hides your intellectual laziness. There are three races, defined as mongoloid, negroid, and Caucasoid. It's biology, not sociology.

Oh, and if you read that first "yellow square" you will see the point of the article.

Have a nice day.

This is incorrect as it is the historical definition of race.

Science evolves.

Do bigots?

• Like 1

I would expect more from a person that owns bookstores. Perhaps reading some of them might broaden your understanding. There are subtle differences between bias, prejudice and discrimation. All forms of discrimination are categorized under bigotry including race, gender, age etc.

People that discriminate against immigrants are racist regardless if they are just different nationalities, cultures or race. sdanielmcev:"That contradicts what you've been saying."

"which he cannot show to be justifiable irrespective of the colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins of the person to whom it applied"

sdanielmcev "I know of no country that has successfully defended a definition of racism as other than against a certain race, not culture, class, nationality, etc..."

You apparently have never been to the US or have read the last Thai Constitution.

When I worked for the US government in Washington we all had to take a culture sensitivity training seminar and were informed quite clearly what is defined as racial prejudice.

Not that Wiki is a great source but most other major sources I have read classify it similarly.

Race is a social concept used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, and/or social affiliation.

Your verbosity only hides your intellectual laziness. There are three races, defined as mongoloid, negroid, and Caucasoid. It's biology, not sociology.

Oh, and if you read that first "yellow square" you will see the point of the article.

Have a nice day.

the word racism comes from the root word race and at one time may have described discrimination based on race only. but meanings of words change over time and racism has taken on a much broader meaning.

• Like 1

Have a nice day.

Science evolves.

Do bigots?

as does language. the word racism for example.

• Like 1

Have a nice day.

Science evolves.

Do bigots?

as does language. the word racism for example.

You mean the world has advanced past 1950???

For some of us it has.

Race/nationality are the same thing.

They are absolutely not the same thing

This is what kicked catmaninoz off previously, in my opinion and I guess an awful lot of other people consider it different.

However, the following comment is from catmaninoz, and so now obvious to follow the, 'Rachel Principle', previously described as, " The only time it desirable to bang your head, is against a head board in the bedroom". I sorry catmaninoz you didn't get that previously.

Then i will take Canadias legal system.

Whichever system backs my point.

Because any system that proves him wrong in that i am "absolutely" wrong will refute his claim.

The only thing absolute here is the lack of ability for someone to see themselves as racist, when by 1st world legal standards, they are being racist.

I myself, am racist, but i can admit it. I am trying to change it. But i am not in denial about it, or even worse, trying to justify it or defending others racist ideologies.

You will switch to any form of notion that fits your bill, by calling me a racist, is quite telling on your part, you are admitting being a racist, good luck in trying to change.

Race and Nationality are in part inextricably linked but in so many ways still far different, they are not the same.

If that makes me a racist in your view, so be it, even my main detractors on here, I believe will not back you up.

But because you swop between which ever stool suits your purpose, because you bandy pejorative terms at those with whom there is disagreement, there is little point in spending even more time in trying to emphasize a different view point.

Good Luck in your conversion

• Like 1

you archaic bigot.

That is the most pleasant thing anybody has said to me on this forum, couldn't be further from the truth, but hey lets not let the truth get in the way of a misdirection.

Right.

Finished trolling then?

My point has been proven already.

Do you still refute it?

You didn't prove your point at all. I'm trying very hard to not be insulting here so bear with me. One part of the definition is "superiority based ideology". So if you prefer x national group over y because they are more "a, b, c" and the other is "d,e and f" but there is no view that one is superior to the other, you just prefer them because of the way you view their society as conditioning them you may be prejudicial, are certainly stupid for believing/focusing in stereotypes but there is no way that based on the actual definition of racism that you are a racist.

To be a racist you have to be believe biological (not social) factors cause one race (not nationality) to be more successful than others because they are superior.

Dont forget to provide sources that prove nationality bashing is not racism. Official, legal sources, please. Not fellow racist opinions.

Good luck. Aim straight.

Racism and "nation-bashing" would fall under discrimination so you have it backwards. If you treat women differently to men are you a racist? If you treat the handicapped differently- racist again?

Calm down, take a step back, think a little.

Also treating people from different nationalities differently is perfectly legal in most countries. You give priority to citizens from your country in terms of jobs in almost every position in almost every country in the world. Now obviously there are exceptions- like English teachers in Thailand but generally it is the way it is.

Racism- bad, inexcusable, Discrimination- bad but understandable on a evolutionary/psychological level (briefly discussed by someone earlier),

Stereotyping- a little bad but meh who doesn't do it tongue.png

Dont forget to provide sources that prove nationality bashing is not racism. Official, legal sources, please. Not fellow racist opinions.

Good luck. Aim straight.

Racism and "nation-bashing" would fall under discrimination so you have it backwards. If you treat women differently to men are you a racist? If you treat the handicapped differently- racist again?

Also treating people from different nationalities differently is perfectly legal in most countries. You give priority to citizens from your country in terms of jobs in almost every position in almost every country in the world. Now obviously there are exceptions- like English teachers in Thailand but generally it is the way it is.

Racism- bad, inexcusable, Discrimination- bad but understandable on a evolutionary/psychological level (briefly discussed by someone earlier),

Well, in my country, thankfully, that is illegal and called racism.

Here, we dont just shrug our shoulders and say "racism is just the way it is".

We evolve.

Edited by catmaninoz

you archaic bigot.

That is the most pleasant thing anybody has said to me on this forum, couldn't be further from the truth, but hey lets not let the truth get in the way of a misdirection.

Right.

Finished trolling then?

Do you still refute it?

You didn't prove your point at all. I'm trying very hard to not be insulting here so bear with me. One part of the definition is "superiority based ideology". So if you prefer x national group over y because they are more "a, b, c" and the other is "d,e and f" but there is no view that one is superior to the other, you just prefer them because of the way you view their society as conditioning them you may be prejudicial, are certainly stupid for believing/focusing in stereotypes but there is no way that based on the actual definition of racism that you are a racist.

To be a racist you have to be believe biological (not social) factors cause one race (not nationality) to be more successful than others because they are superior.

You are wrong.

I have shown this already.

Nation-bashing is racism.

Race is not biological, it is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.

Welcome to the 21st century.

you archaic bigot.

Right.

Finished trolling then?

Do you still refute it?

You are wrong.

I have shown this already.

Nation-bashing is racism.

Race is not biological, it is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.

Welcome to the 21st century.

• Like 1

Good luck. Aim straight.

We evolve.

Really? In what country is it illegal to say I hate Germans, Puerto Ricans, Zambians or whoever you want?

And to respond to your other post you haven't shown anything. You have incorrectly stated something over and over again based on what you would like to believe words mean and laws are. Unfortunately they have little bearing to the real world. If a red- headed, fair skinned person from Ireland who was discriminated against by a person who looked similar but was from Scotland and called it racism, 99% of the people who heard it would laugh.

Good luck. Aim straight.

We evolve.

Really? In what country is it illegal to say I hate Germans, Puerto Ricans, Zambians or whoever you want?

And to respond to your other post you haven't shown anything. You have incorrectly stated something over and over again based on what you would like to believe words mean and laws are. Unfortunately they have little bearing to the real world. If a red- headed, fair skinned person from Ireland who was discriminated against by a person who looked similar but was from Scotland and called it racism, 99% of the people who heard it would laugh.

What an absurd example.

And you do not speak for 99% of people.

Nothing i have said has been proven wrong with any kind of source.

It shouldnt be hard. My definitions have taken 15 seconds to find and share.

Hilarious. The last definition uses "women are a race apart". So now you are saying women are a different race to men and treating woman differently is racism to.

And I used your definition to prove you wrong. Why would I even need to share another one?

Stop derailing the topic.

Edited by Lorn

Racism is very simple.

It is the belief that one group of people is better than another group of people.

Nonsense again. If I believe that a group, let's say people over 6 foot tall, are superior to people under 6 foot tall are you going to call that racism?

Good luck. Aim straight.

your country allows jobs to be given preferentially to citizens over other legal residents? what country is this?

• Like 1

Hilarious. The last definition uses "women are a race apart". So now you are saying women are a different race to men and treating woman differently is racism to.

And I used your definition to prove you wrong. Why would I even need to share another one?

Stop derailing the topic.

"Woman is the nigger of the world" (Yoko Ono)

Racism is very simple.

It is the belief that one group of people is better than another group of people.

Nonsense again. If I believe that a group, let's say people over 6 foot tall, are superior to people under 6 foot tall are you going to call that racism?
It must be hard for you to get past denial.

Its ok bro, hugs all round.

No need for strawman.

Edited by catmaninoz

Good luck. Aim straight.

your country allows jobs to be given preferentially to citizens over other legal residents? what country is this?

Citizens vs non-citizens sounds like 2 groups to me. So your country allows racism against one of these groups?

Good luck. Aim straight.

Citizens vs non-citizens sounds like 2 groups to me. So your country allows racism against one of these groups?

mine doesnt but you claim most do and I assume yours must if you say that. so what country is it that allows job discrimination of citizens over legal immigrants?

Good luck. Aim straight.

You are muddying the subject to suit your discriminatory beliefs.

If they are not citizens then they cant legally work.

If both groups can legally work and you openly prefer one group over the other based on race (culture/nationality/ethnicity) you are being racist.

Your extreme strawmen arguments do not provide proof of anything.

Im waiting for links. I specifically put it out there that racist's opinions would not be proof that i am wrong.

Provide links please.

You are muddying the subject to suit your discriminatory beliefs.

If they are not citizens then they cant legally work.

If both groups can legally work and you openly prefer one group over the other based on race (culture/nationality/ethnicity) you are being racist.

Your extreme strawmen arguments do not provide proof of anything.

Im waiting for links. I specifically put it out there that racist's opinions would not be proof that i am wrong.

Provide links please.

non citizens can work if they have work permits. ie:landed immigrants, temporary workers etc