U.k.visit Visa For Wife

Thinking of taking the wife to England for a holiday next November or December.

About 14 years ago we applied for a settlement visa,which was refused.No preperation,no evidence,pay slips etc.

Should I mention this on the application form,as it was so long ago?If mentioned,will it mean a trip to Bangkok for an interview?

Also,if interview required,how much later will that be after sending in the application form?

You should declare the previous refusal. As it occurred 14 years ago, though, it will be of little relevance to your wife's current application and it is unlikely that the embassy will still have the papers.

What is of greater relevance is that you are still together and have been living outside of the UK for all this time. You should provide evidence of your status in Thailand, and of your income, too.

Providing that the application is properly prepared, I don't see why your wife's case shouldn't be assessed on the papers alone. If an interview is deemed necessary, it appears that the current wait is about 3-4 weeks.

Scouse.

Thanks for the replies.

Won't be applying until end of October.

Will apply for a family visit visa,as we will be

visiting my mother and staying with her.

Will write a letter for her to sign giving details of house etc.

Will be leaving the children behind,so that will be her

reason to return.

Many Thais travel away from home, often abroad, to work, leaving their children in the care of relatives. So children are not usually seen by the ECO as a reason to return.

However, from what you say, you have been living together for 14 years, and are married. Provide evidence of this and your immigration status in Thailand, you are presumably there legally. That will be her reason to return, and you should have no problems.