Transfer of stamps letter to a new UK passport...

DavidOxon

Send an email to the British embassy at [email protected]

In the email, request a Transfer Authorisation Letter, and state why it's needed. State which type of visa you have, and when it expires, together with the date you last entered Thailand, and where it was.

Attach a copy of the ID pages from the old and new passport.

They should send the letter by EMS within a few days, but maybe longer at this time of year.

It's free.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can one still get this transfer letter from Chiang Mai Consulate ? (Or, if not, from BKK Embassy?)

Is this letter actually REQUIRED by CM Immigration to transfer info from old to new passport.? I note from other threads that "the letter is required in some areas in Thailand......." facepalm.gif but I don't read anything about CM asking or not asking for this letter.

Thanks for any helpful info....smile.png

I needed the letter last November to do the same thing in Chiang Mai.

I got it from the consulate, took best part of 10 minutes and cost all of nothing.

But I am aware things change.

Edited to add, why the rush? You must do the change before doing an extension, probably before getting a re-entry permit. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any deadline.

Edited by briley

Thanks for your reply.

Certainly no rush smile.png just weighing the needs and options. I don't have to renew my retirement visa extension until August, at the earliest.

However, I have to get my pisspot renewed in a couple of months' time and it's naturally important to know about this "letter". Last time (nearly 10 years ago) I got my info transferred, there was no such thing as a "letter" - Immi did it all on the spot and it took all of 5 minutes..

Can't for the life of me see why a "letter" is needed - it's so painfully obvious that one pisspot has expired and a new one is now valid. It's just paper for paper's sake.

Do you know if it's possible to get the letter from the consulate by email, or is a physical appearance necessary.

(I live far from CM).

Thanks biggrin.png