เศษเนื้อ for hamburgers?

Trujillo

Over the years I've seen many posts where the poster wishes to brag about his Thai language ability. This is the only one I've seen where he got away with Thai script. I'm going to write him in for the Poster of the Year award.

First, I was not "bragging" about my Thai ability; that would be absurd.

Second, I disagree with this being moved to the language forum simply because it has Thai language in it. The original post WAS NOT about learning, speaking, spelling or pronouncing Thai, or derivations therein. It was about packaging in a supermarket known to cater to foreigners that was labeled without English (and being a product that could have been misconstrued).

Having said that, I don't understand being vilified for taking the time and effort to go to school (university) and learn to read and write the language of the country where I have made my home. Sure, I have pride in the fact that I actually knuckled down and did the work to get to the point where I am, but the level I have "mastered" is not that high, certainly not good enough to even consider "bragging" about it.

This thread should be moved back to the Chiang Mai forum since it is not related to the following: "Thai language forum. Learn to speak, and read Thai in a supportive environment." It's about labeling in a Chiang Mai supermarket.

Oh and thanks for the Poster of the Year award nomination.... crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Some posts have been removed, for comments on moderation.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Also please feel free to discuss the topic, but keep it to the topic and leave any flaming/trolling/digging at other members out of it :)

For a full list of forum rules, please feel to view http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules