เศษเนื้อ for hamburgers?

Trujillo

I was in Rimping (Meechok Plaza) today and saw at the front end of the frozen meat section a pack of what looked very much like a big lump of hamburger meat (3/4 of a kilo) for 45 baht. When I picked it up I saw, to my mild surprise (this is "Farang We Speak the English Supermarket") that there was no English on the label. It read:

เศษเนื้อ
(อาหารสำหรับสุนัข)
Which translates to: Meat scraps (food for dogs)
I wonder how many unsuspecting foreigners who don't read Thai (which is probably most of them) picked that up and used it to make hamburgers.
"Bone appetit!" bah.gif
post-165256-0-97145700-1419687737_thumb.
I did buy a pack and fried it up for my dog, though. She said it was super....
Edited by Trujillo

Ah, so it's an editing problem. I understand now. Pardon my earlier construction:

For those that don't read Thai I'd like to bring it to your attention that I was in Rimping (Meechok Plaza) today and saw at the front end of the frozen meat section a pack of what looked very much like a big lump of hamburger meat (3/4 of a kilo) for 45 baht. When I picked it up I saw, to my mild surprise (this is "Farang We Speak the English Supermarket") that there was no English on the label. It read:

เศษเนื้อ
(อาหารสำหรับสุนัข)
Which translates to: Meat scraps (food for dogs)
I wonder how many unsuspecting foreigners who didn't read the Thai picked that up and used it to make hamburgers.
"Bone appetit!" bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1LoERDvI-NyM
  • Like 2

"I wonder how many unsuspecting foreigners who don't read Thai (which is probably most of them) picked that up and used it to make hamburgers". [/size]

Instead of gloating that most foreigners can't read Thai and they probably picked it up and made hamburgers, you could have instead posted something more helpful and not so self righteous like, "for those that don't read Thai I'd like to bring it to your attention blah blah.[/size]

I wonder how many Thai wife/gfs picked it up to feed to the buffalo?

You never know, beef eaters beware. biggrin.png

I thought this was an English language forum...

You don't think it's an English language forum you know it is. He used a couple of Thai words to illustrate his point and translated them. Is that an offence? Have you filed a complaint?

I'm surprised we got to post number 11 before your ilk surfaced.

• Like 2

A few years back the kinds like McDonalds, Taco Bell & a crapload of other fast food companies used just the same C and D-grade meat as a filler :) Grind it, soak it in ammonia, and it becomes "meat like substance" that's OK to use in combined with real meat, as long as it reads in the label giggle.gif

If you go to BigC on the Superhighway (Chiang Mai Business Park) you will find in the pet section a stand-alone freezer that contains the same kind of meat in a colorful package with a drawing of a dog's head on it.

I did think of tasting the Rimping meat, but after I cooked it, it was clear it was the same stuff as in BigC. I did try it in the past; it tastes gritty and has a strange, "That's not ground beef" flavor.

Having said that, it's edible if you were in dire straits.

Maybe something like in Guangzhou, China?

post-165256-0-68289800-1419727017_thumb.

"I wonder how many unsuspecting foreigners who don't read Thai (which is probably most of them) picked that up and used it to make hamburgers".

Instead of gloating that most foreigners can't read Thai and they probably picked it up and made hamburgers, you could have instead posted something more helpful and not so self righteous like, "for those that don't read Thai I'd like to bring it to your attention blah blah.

Over the years I've seen many posts where the poster wishes to brag about his Thai language ability. This is the only one I've seen where he got away with Thai script. I'm going to write him in for the Poster of the Year award.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 1

"I wonder how many unsuspecting foreigners who don't read Thai (which is probably most of them) picked that up and used it to make hamburgers". [/size]

Instead of gloating that most foreigners can't read Thai and they probably picked it up and made hamburgers, you could have instead posted something more helpful and not so self righteous like, "for those that don't read Thai I'd like to bring it to your attention blah blah.[/size]

I wonder how many Thai wife/gfs picked it up to feed to the buffalo?

Very funny

Think twice. This is the Thai language subforum.

Simply keep out instead of moaning!

Applies to the other sorehead(s).

Missing the dislike button once again.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Think twice.

It was in the Chiang Mai forum when JulieM wrote that.

It was later moved to the Thai language forum by a mod, as post #24, directly above yours, shows.

Edited by mesquite

"I wonder how many unsuspecting foreigners who don't read Thai (which is probably most of them) picked that up and used it to make hamburgers".

Instead of gloating that most foreigners can't read Thai and they probably picked it up and made hamburgers, you could have instead posted something more helpful and not so self righteous like, "for those that don't read Thai I'd like to bring it to your attention blah blah.

Over the years I've seen many posts where the poster wishes to brag about his Thai language ability. This is the only one I've seen where he got away with Thai script. I'm going to write him in for the Poster of the Year award.

I really have no idea of what you and others are talking about there are lots of posts with Thai in them that the mods let go. This is one of the rare posts where not only did he use the Thai he also translated it for us.

Just because they have printed the Thai word in English it does not help explain what it is most of the time. They should as in this case use English words to describe the item or saying.

You don't think it's an English language forum you know it is. He used a couple of Thai words to illustrate his point and translated them. Is that an offence? Have you filed a complaint?

I'm surprised we got to post number 11 before your ilk surfaced.

Hey Joe,

You're not much for spotting jokes, are ya?

Think twice.

It was in the Chiang Mai forum when JulieM wrote that.

It was later moved to the Thai language forum by a mod, as post #24, directly above yours, shows.

No need to think twice it makes sense and has already been approved by Rooo in post number 15.