Why do Farang.......?

Neeranam

What do you think that Thai people ask about farang?

top hits on google when you type in ทำไมฝรั่ง or thammai farang...or " why do farang......" are the following:-

1 - Why are farang tall?

2 - Why do farang like black people?

3 - Why do farang like to sunbathe?

4 - Why do farang Thai people?

• Like 1

- Why do farang come to Thailand, would be the main one

- Why do farang always talk about sex

On the google search in thai script, I also got 'why do (female) farang not like to wear bras', why do farang shave their heads, and why do farang not have acne

4 - Why do farang Thai people?

Why do they like Thai people, got that too. Then Pantip threads ask why do farang like Issan girls.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

My Thai brother in law in Phuket has asked me about 4 times.. "why farang come thailand?" he knows..he just likes to rub it in

An answer to shut them up is "Because many Thai women sell their bodies, but most farang women prefer to keep some dignity" or something along those lines. This would be a response to someone as you describe who knows but just wants to "rub it in", so let them rub that in.

My Thai brother in law in Phuket has asked me about 4 times.. "why farang come thailand?" he knows..he just likes to rub it in

You said yesterday that you were going to stop posting ... personally, I hope you don't.

"why farang come thailand?" he knows..he just likes to rub it in

That was funny ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

You said yesterday that you were going to stop posting ... personally, I hope you don't.

"why farang come thailand?" he knows..he just likes to rub it in

That was funny ... thumbsup.gif

Hey Redandyellow.

Don't listen to David. He is just chasing desperate votes in the "Thaivisa poster of the year" thread.

Listen to your inner voice. You are funny, you are intelligent, you have experience, you have a personallity...

You don't belong here. There are far better forums out there......

If you stay here too long; you will lose your humour, your intellect, your personallity......

Personally I think it is a good thread. I would love to know what thais ask about us foreign ers. Btw im in israel 30years 3kids blabla and people still ask me why I'm here and why Americans do suvh n such or why I eat meat at dinner? And not tomatoes and cucumbers and white cheese for breakfast...its fun to hear what others 'gossip' about us ....

An answer to shut them up is "Because many Thai women sell their bodies, but most farang women prefer to keep some dignity" or something along those lines. This would be a response to someone as you describe who knows but just wants to "rub it in", so let them rub that in.

So you're saying that farang men do come to Thailand for sex because they can't get any back home. Well, at least you're upfront about it.

5 - Why do people conform to Thai racism by calling themselves farang.

The term isn't derogatory when used alone.

The etymology is unambiguous; it comes from the Farsi word 'farangi' meaning 'Frank' and originated during the Crusades. It soon came to be used to describe all Europeans.

The Persians who were established at the Ayudhya court of King Narai in the 17th century introduced it to Siam. None of the historical sources record it being used as an insult.

Misunderstanding what it implies could lead to offence being taken when none is intended.

• Like 1