Does anyone know what happened to the new metered Taxi company?

kanook

I was actually going to start a thread in praise of the new metered taxi company in CM. Unfortunately it didn't last very long. My last trip was from my home in Pa Tan to the Airport at 4am on Dec 13 (120 ฿ on the meter including 1 stop to pick up a friend in Chang Phuak + 50฿ early morning surcharge). My gf who runs the office of an international NGO and regularly needs to book transportation used the metered taxi service several times in early Dec until we left for the south on Dec 13. When we returned the phone number to the company goes unanswered and when a colleague called one of the drivers to book, he now requested a flat fee.

The Thai mafia has shut their business model down perhaps and "convinced" them to apply a flat fee?

That would be very close to the mark I would suggest so we will continue to pay whatever is negotiated.Taxi fares In Bangkok are going up slightly but still cheaper than CM.

Fuel prices are dropping how ironic the timing.

• Like 1

I might actually try using a taxi for my upcoming departure

If I want to go from near Maya to the Airport at about 8 pm on a Thursday then what are my choices?

I am guessing the songthaw's are getting sparse by then. Songthaw would be my preference. Any opinions?

If not Songthaw then what Taxi service is best? and how to arrange it?

The Thai mafia has shut their business model down perhaps and "convinced" them to apply a flat fee?

That's probably what happened. One of the principals of this taxi company told my gf when she started using them in early Dec that a few 'good' taxi drivers decided to join together and form a metered service.

I might actually try using a taxi for my upcoming departure

If I want to go from near Maya to the Airport at about 8 pm on a Thursday then what are my choices?

I am guessing the songthaw's are getting sparse by then. Songthaw would be my preference. Any opinions?

If not Songthaw then what Taxi service is best? and how to arrange it?

[/

Airport limousine are excellent. 053 201 307.

• Like 1