Bank closure for 5 consecutive days

clap2.gifcheesy.gif The computers are still working, commerce does not shut down .

OK...... you try moving money from a bank in the UK to your account in Thailand.

Sounds like a UK banking problem to me, I send money from my U.S. bank and don't have problems.

No beechguy, it is at the receiving end - no one to process it in Thailand

I'm well aware of that, but then again, I'm intelligent enough to read a calendar, and keep an awareness, that I'm not in my home country, so plan accordingly.

Also, from the U.S. I can do ACH transfers through Bangkok Bank in New York, I don't seem to have a problem on the receiving end. Perhaps you all should persuade the U.K. banks to do something similar.

• Like 1

OK...... you try moving money from a bank in the UK to your account in Thailand.

Sounds like a UK banking problem to me, I send money from my U.S. bank and don't have problems.

No beechguy, it is at the receiving end - no one to process it in Thailand

I'm well aware of that, but then again, I'm intelligent enough to read a calendar, and keep an awareness, that I'm not in my home country, so plan accordingly.

Also, from the U.S. I can do ACH transfers through Bangkok Bank in New York, I don't seem to have a problem on the receiving end. Perhaps you all should persuade the U.K. banks to do something similar.

Non issue for as I planned my cash flow with the holiday period in mind.

Again, nothing to do with the UK end, I can get funds here in 3 to 4 hours - but not when the Thai banks are closed.

We can transfer via Bangkok Bank in London but it is more expensive and takes longer (1 to 3 working days) - frankly, I am not impressed with BKB in Thailand.

At the end of the day whatever works for each individual is OK by me. That still doesn't make a 5 day closure very convenient.

Kasikorn is in L.A. It took a little time but BBVA Compass in USA and Charles Schwab, no International atm fees. BBVA, no ach transfer fees.

For preffered clients.

Happy New Year, TV friends. Even the Thai bashers, enjoy your lives. auld lang syne

TB's, it isn't Thailand, it is you.

Sat. Jan 3, 2015

I just came from Pata Dept. Store on Boromratchanani Road, Bangkok. There is a Bangkok Bank kiosk-bank there that is open today, and it was empty of customers when I walked by.

If you need anything done inside a bank, find one of these places today. (This one is easily accessible for any of you Khaosan Roaders reading this.

The banks are going to be so crowded on Monday, that anyone who can, will probably prefer to wait until Tues.

And a repeat of my friendly reminder above re the ATM's:

If you anticipate needing to get money on Sunday or Monday, get some today. I don't know if the ATM service technicians are getting a five-day holiday or not, but if they are, at least some of the

ATM's will probably be running out of money.

And, even if the technicians are back at work on Monday, they aren't going to be able to get to all of the ATM's on the first day.