I pampered myself tonight

Anthony5

Went passed the booze shop on Pattaya Klang tonight and thought, hey lets get a cheap bottle of Blend or so.

So went in and discovered that they ran out of the cheapest spirits already, must have been many farangs that day, so looked around for an alternative.

My eye caught a bottle of Hennessy cognac, and I thought by myself, it's only once a year 30 December so why not.

So took the bottle, went to the cashier and paid with my Visa Platinum.

After I was in the car I dipped my finger in the bottle and licked it. It was as if angels pissed on my tongue.

When arrived home I had a look at the credit card slip and decided to restrict that finger dipping to once a year only.

Price of the bottle was 227.400 Baht.

So what you spoiled yourself with these holidays?

Disclosure: I didn't really buy the bottle, as I saw the price before I could even pick it up, but I'm sure if I had bought it it would needed to be treated as described above.

• Like 2

I bought some Hennessey for New Year, 2 days ago in the BIG C at Warin Chamrap. Can't remember what I paid but it was something above 2400 THB.

I would never dare use a platinum card in Thailand, be it hotels, Central shops, Robinsonses and all the other glittery glitter.

Always draw CASH at the ATM, under my own scrutiny. Walk up the shop, pay cash.

Your post might be a satire, but one that's exactly the one that spoils the backward alleys of my brain, that might result into games you con't really wanna play with. Know whadya mean ?

I never give my card out of hand. It has way too many hard earned millions on it.

Spit in your fists and enjoy paying Cash while you still can. The end of that is near.

• Like 2

I bought some Hennessey for New Year, 2 days ago in the BIG C at Warin Chamrap. Can't remember what I paid but it was something above 2400 THB.

I would never dare use a platinum card in Thailand, be it hotels, Central shops, Robinsonses and all the other glittery glitter.

Your post might be a satire, but one that's exactly the one that spoils the backward alleys of my brain, that might result into games you con't really wanna play with. Know whadya mean ?

I never give my card out of hand. It has way too many hard earned millions on it.

Spit in your fists and enjoy paying Cash while you still can. The end of that is near.

Doubt that the ATM would spit out 227.000 Baht if I inserted my Visa card, and that hasn't anything to do with credit balance.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 1

Hennessey is pampering yourself ? What your normal tipple ? Paint stripper ? Methylated spirits and a loaf of bread ?

So i take it you consume Two hundred Twenty Seven Thousand Baht bottles regularly ?

You should have known that those methylated spirits are bad for your reading compatibility vision.smile.png

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 2

Anthony5, on 01 Jan 2015 - 08:12, said:
fasteddie, on 01 Jan 2015 - 03:11, said:

Blimey you must be skint! that's less than £4.50.

Amazing how many people on this forum have reading disabilities. Think that could be from the cheap booze?

The bottle is about 4500 Pound.

Just cheap booze. Here's the real deal 6M Baht a bottle. You get a nice case too.

http://www.worldwineservices.com/cognac-hennessy-beaute-du-siecle.html

• Like 2

I would say that the price tag should have read B.2274.-00 the decimal point being a tad too far to the left by one digit hence the price tag was incorrect.

All one has to do,or had to do is ask "How much?",

As an aside I am sure we are all impressed at the fact you posses a ''Visa Platinum card.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

I'm staying at a hotel in Sathorn and they have Moet champagne at 8000 Baht a bottle.

I can get the same in a UK supermarket for £30.

Stick to the beer I think!

And you stick to the beer, the UK or whatever else you like and stop mingling with the POTY again.

You couldn't have done a worst job.

Now............if I had won............it would have been a different story...................

I'm staying at a hotel in Sathorn and they have Moet champagne at 8000 Baht a bottle.

And you stick to the beer, the UK or whatever else you like and stop mingling with the POTY again.

Now............if I had won............it would have been a different story...................

You didn't send my La Monita vouchers....it could all have been so different!

You didn't send my La Monita vouchers....it could all have been so different!

I'm not into Mexican......but I can give you some Greek if you want............voucherswhistling.gif

• Like 1

Hennessey is pampering yourself ? What your normal tipple ? Paint stripper ? Methylated spirits and a loaf of bread ?

I think I need to change my local Ma and Pa Shop.

I've bought enough bottles of Metho from them, they are keeping it in the Fridge now.

Protest I do, telling them that I'm painting and using oil based paints.

She just replies with that wrinkled toothless grin and says ... Happy Painting Khun Da ... see you in 2 days time ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Amazing how many people on this forum have reading disabilities. Think that could be from the cheap booze?

Anthony seeing by your own admission this is a troll post, but just to keep it interesting which bottle of Hennessey was it ? And no cheating looking on the interweb :lol:

Anthony seeing by your own admission this is a troll post, but just to keep it interesting which bottle of Hennessey was it ? And no cheating looking on the interweb laugh.png

This is not a troll post since I made it clear in the OP : Disclosure: I didn't really buy the bottle, as I saw the price before I could even pick it up,

It was a bottle of Richard Hennessy, take note that there is no E in front of the Y. The bottle was behind a closed glass door, but the price tag was large enough that you couldn't miss it.

I would say that the price tag should have read B.2274.-00 the decimal point being a tad too far to the left by one digit hence the price tag was incorrect.

All one has to do,or had to do is ask "How much?",

As an aside I am sure we are all impressed at the fact you posses a ''Visa Platinum card.

Sorry to break it to you, but the price tag was correct, and can be checked by anyone who is in Pattaya as I doubt they sold the bottle this week.

I know already that you take any opportunity trying to ridicule me, but let me give you some sound advice. If you want to see a fool, look in the bathroom mirror.

c'mon. .. you like beer . . stick to beer.

you like wine . . the choice is from Mount Clair upward to essences that have been cooked in a container that arrived by ship from France, Italy and any country of your choice, parked in the sun, for a few days/weeks . .

you like wine ( see above and don't complain, as taxes are high and vinegar is a good choice for any salad receipes)

you like Thai Whisky . . this is not whisky but it is "lao Khao" has nothing to do with rice ('spite the 'khao') it is rum destillates made from Sugarcane, which is abundant in Thailand

you like Jackie's .. c'mon over you my buddy

you like scotch whisky . . let's meet in a nice upshot place, talk sense and nonsense (after degustationes)

you like moonshine .. ask your Thai wife's stepbrother or anyone around . . they know

you like Courvoisier, Hennessey . . go ahead pay the 2400 Thai Baaa puffs ( given, you find the good stuff here!)

you like REALLY EXPENSIVE bottles of a rare drink . . smuggle them in , like the Thais do. They come flying in from Japan with RARE whisky's in their baggage....remember, ONE LITER is customs free

P.S. that Hennessey was 2400 THB a bottle . ..dig? no way over 240,000 Thai Baht

Edited by crazygreg44

a good cognac is to be served in a tulip shaped glass, that has been handwarmed. Mind you, you don't drink cognac at room temperature, It has to be hand warmed to a .......

no way i am telling you, each of you has to gotta look it up for yourselves

Doubt that the ATM would spit out 227.000 Baht if I inserted my Visa card, and that hasn't anything to do with credit balance.

it never was the real price for the bottle. Did you ask the shop owner, and make sure the price was marked ok ? why would you be shocked by such a high price. Me think a sport I am i would fer sure shift my nose into the business and ask for a clarification of that abnormous price, sure it was a misprint.

Anthony5, on 01 Jan 2015 - 20:22, said:
Don Mega, on 01 Jan 2015 - 20:11, said:

Was it VS, VSOP or XO ?

To be honest, I have no idea, but going from the price tag I would expect at least XO.

So I asked Mr Google, and he answered me this

http://www.cognac-expert.com/extra-cognac/hennessy-extra-cognac-richard-hennessy

Looks like Supmatir wanted a tidy profit smile.png

So what did you buy? A big bottle of Chang?

it never was the real price for the bottle. Did you ask the shop owner, and make sure the price was marked ok ? why would you be shocked by such a high price. Me think a sport I am i would fer sure shift my nose into the business and ask for a clarification of that abnormous price, sure it was a misprint.

Since you in your previous posts INSTRUCT other members to use google to acquire the same knowledge as you have, I suggest you start to use Google yourself, as it is clear that the same bottle is sold abroad at 154.374 Baht and that is excluding import duties

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/hennessy+richard+cognac+france/1/-/-/a/26

https://www.winfieldflynn.com/spirits/Hennessy-Richard-Cognac-w85677035f