New owner CBR 300 2015 yet

Rhys

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one and like it a lot. I live in Bangkok and it's great for city riding. It does a good job on the highway as well. It can cruise at 120-140 all day. I've ridden it to Chiang Mai and Ko Lanta both in one day.

It's a great bike for new riders since it has ABS and is quite light with manageable power delivery.

I have a channel on YouTube where you can see some videos I made on that bike.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8UMAGT6ao5Q-Vf3kYfgMQ/feed

Cheers,

Thanks, I have a history with Honda, the old SL 100 SL 350.... next switched to road bikes KZ 750 and back to dirt KL 250 KAWASAKI.

I planning my one and only long trek on the bike.. for the price range and power of the 30.4 hp, this will do on the hills.

I'm going with Honda, because the service centers are plentiful, and I have history with the mechanics at the shop.

They seem to take care of me straight across, no farang this or that... Thanks for your video.

Just wondering, did you change your tires for better handling?

Cheers

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have one and like it a lot. I live in Bangkok and it's great for city riding. It does a good job on the highway as well. It can cruise at 120-140 all day. I've ridden it to Chiang Mai and Ko Lanta both in one day.

It's a great bike for new riders since it has ABS and is quite light with manageable power delivery.

Cheers,

The video is excellent.. Thanks for insights... especially on the exhaust pipe issue..

Thus you have been on the bike for long rides.. I'm thinking of going to Phuket.. Travel in group or go it alone..an issues.. would hate to get stuck on a back road..

Cheers

Sawasdee Be Mai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cheers,

The video is excellent.. Thanks for insights... especially on the exhaust pipe issue..

Thus you have been on the bike for long rides.. I'm thinking of going to Phuket.. Travel in group or go it alone..an issues.. would hate to get stuck on a back road..

Cheers

Sawasdee Be Mai

If you have an android phone, google maps does a bang up job for navigation.

I've had one for about six months now. Very happy with it. I'm also in Bangkok and find it handles the city traffic really well. Light handling, good acceleration, good brakes. It doesn't have the top end power of larger bikes naturally but it is happy cruising around 120-130 with enough power left over for passing. I've taken it on a few trips up to Sangklaburi and it handles mountain roads just fine. Overall I think it's a great bike, especially for the price.

Cheers,

Cheers

Sawasdee Be Mai

Glad you liked it. :)

Going to Phuket is quite simple really. Once you leave Bangkok you head for Chumpon and there you have a choice. Straight and fast the Suratthani way or the slow and scenic #4 highway. If you have the time I recommend #4, but you might not get to Phuket in one day. Whichever way you go I recommend leaving Bangkok very early. I'm usually on my bike at 6am for those long hauls and still sit in traffic on way out. Good old Bkk :)

Thanks for the advice.. could you explain more about the exhaust modification, where to buy, what to buy, how much?

Most likely, I would ask the guys at the Honda shop, but my Thai is not that strong. I've googled the mags and have seen some of the exhaust system modification... What is the scoop on the street legal range? I really don't think (BIB) are going to enforce this.

Tires...any suggestion based on what is available ...price wise as well.

Thanks for the video again.

I've had one for about six months now. Very happy with it. I'm also in Bangkok and find it handles the city traffic really well. Light handling, good acceleration, good brakes. It doesn't have the top end power of larger bikes naturally but it is happy cruising around 120-130 with enough power left over for passing. I've taken it on a few trips up to Sangklaburi and it handles mountain roads just fine. Overall I think it's a great bike, especially for the price.

Wow that is quite a ride up to SGKB... I imagine going around the turn must have been fun. Have you modified the bike? Tires? Exhaust system?

In the south..there are a few roads, like the one on the way to the temple in SKB...

Holding tight until the bike arrives, will most likely modify the exhaust.

Cheers thank for the insights.

Wow that is quite a ride up to SGKB... I imagine going around the turn must have been fun. Have you modified the bike? Tires? Exhaust system?

In the south..there are a few roads, like the one on the way to the temple in SKB...

Holding tight until the bike arrives, will most likely modify the exhaust.

Cheers thank for the insights.

It's loads of fun getting up there!

I haven't done any mods to the bike yet other than minor cosmetic stuff. I am planning to change the exhaust soon. I'll probably just go with a slip-on rather than a full system. The stock exhaust isn't terrible but it's a bit too quiet, and doesn't sound good at low revs.

Anyone have any photos of one loaded with luggage, especially with the pillion free for a passenger?

At 126k this is such a bargain, it fits me and my NV is a bit old for travelling, so I just need the money.

Edited by AllanB

Got the cbr300r which pretty much the same except for the farangs and handlbar. Top bike and perfect for driving around Bangkok and communting... Use it so much my big bike battery went flat from not being used.

Sent from my c64

Got the cbr300r which pretty much the same except for the farangs and handlbar. Top bike and perfect for driving around Bangkok and communting... Use it so much my big bike battery went flat from not being used.

Sent from my c6

What is the difference between a

CBR 300

and a "cbr300r"?

Kindly clarify the "farangs and handlbar" thing.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice.. could you explain more about the exhaust modification, where to buy, what to buy, how much?

Most likely, I would ask the guys at the Honda shop, but my Thai is not that strong. I've googled the mags and have seen some of the exhaust system modification... What is the scoop on the street legal range? I really don't think (BIB) are going to enforce this.

I've bought the exhaust from Facebook, Praram2Bikes. Full system costs about 5000 baht. I used full system on my CBR250 but CBR300 has an oxygen sensor near the engine and so I just put the slip on and left the pipe alone. This probably shaves about 5 kg off the bike and sounds great.

As far as tires I'm still on the original IRC tires unfortunately. I'm waiting to find good deals on something else. Not familiar with good shops selling them.

I've bought the exhaust from Facebook, Praram2Bikes. Full system costs about 5000 baht. I used full system on my CBR250 but CBR300 has an oxygen sensor near the engine and so I just put the slip on and left the pipe alone. This probably shaves about 5 kg off the bike and sounds great.

As far as tires I'm still on the original IRC tires unfortunately. I'm waiting to find good deals on something else. Not familiar with good shops selling them.

Have you taken the aftermarket exhaust to a car exhaust shop and have them weld in an O2 bung for you? Would let you utilise it and, assuming the cat isn't in the main exhaust, get rid of a lot more weight.

Anyone have any photos of one loaded with luggage, especially with the pillion free for a passenger?

At 126k this is such a bargain, it fits me and my NV is a bit old for travelling, so I just need the money.

if it fits you a 60 - 70 k thb 2 years old cbr250r can fit you as well for half the price but nearly same capability.

if it fits you a 60 - 70 k thb 2 years old cbr250r can fit you as well for half the price but nearly same capability.

The 300 feels bigger and the upright riding position feels better...and that bit more power, closer to my NV, important with 2-up and a little luggage.

One of the reasons I am thinking about a replacement for my NV400 is that I want a new bike. The NV is now 32 years old and the thought of breaking down in the heat and in a place where I don't speak the lingo and have no chance of spares, or service is a worry.

For little more than a cost of a Honda Wave in the UK (I know it's ridiculous.), I can get a brand new 30hp touring bike.

The 300 feels bigger and the upright riding position feels better...and that bit more power, closer to my NV, important with 2-up and a little luggage.

One of the reasons I am thinking about a replacement for my NV400 is that I want a new bike. The NV is now 32 years old and the thought of breaking down in the heat and in a place where I don't speak the lingo and have no chance of spares, or service is a worry.

For little more than a cost of a Honda Wave in the UK (I know it's ridiculous.), I can get a brand new 30hp touring bike.

post-147821-0-95267600-1420500261_thumb.

here is mine with the Givi box and a new fan :)

attachicon.gif2015-01-02 11.49.13.jpg

here is mine with the Givi box and a new fan smile.png

Why is your GF in a box, she won't be a fan of yours for long you know?

Are the rear luggage systems for the CB/CBR250/300/500 all the same, if not which are common?

Gents.. the CBR 300 2015 is in the shop.. I got the call at 4... Can't wait.. but seems I have to hold off until Friday.. must attend meetings..

Thanks for the information on the exhaust system... google it and did the youtube search and links.. came across the AKRAPOVIC slip on system.. very difficult to determine the sound off the computer.. however, going on to the link www.. I believe the slip on system was in the 16K range.. I was hoping to keep it under 10K.

Now I have been requested, to say good bye to the CBR 150...had it for 6 years..putting back and forth to work and home.. was the main riding experience.

Wish I could just keep both...the other half made this a requirement.. I know ... PWed... But it was the only way to move up...again..

Now looking for a better helmet... the BKK trip is in a few weeks, and I am going to give this PANDA Riders a looksee.

Cheers mates...

I forgot what is the product promotional message for Honda... I can only recall the Kawasaki version.. let the good times roll.

Picking up the bike this morning...

Looking into changing the exhaust for sure... praram2bike? seems within a good price range, but the quality...I know, I want to hear a grumble or power from the system..

I have seen prices at starting at 20K for the slip on systems...not sure I want to pay all that much..

Actually, I think a NEW High Tech Helmet would be more appropriate..

YET...I have to hear the NOISE, the Growl, and please my expectation..

Cheers Mates

Looking into changing the exhaust for sure... praram2bike? seems within a good price range, but the quality...I know, I want to hear a grumble or power from the system..

I have seen prices at starting at 20K for the slip on systems...not sure I want to pay all that much..

Cheers Mates

Congratulations. I sure miss my old carb'd CBR150!

Could I recommend looking at Grim DBS exhaust? I have the carbon fibre triangle version on my Ninja 250 and it sounds pretty good.

I made sure to order it with the dB killer installed along with the O2 bung welded in. Was easy to install. Looks like a full system for your bike is less than 10k. It probably won't add much power, but gets rid of the cat and a whole bunch of other weight.

Cheers Mates

Could I recommend looking at Grim DBS exhaust? I have the carbon fibre triangle version on my Ninja 250 and it sounds pretty good.

I made sure to order it with the dB killer installed along with the O2 bung welded in. Was easy to install. Looks like a full system for your bike is less than 10k. It probably won't add much power, but gets rid of the cat and a whole bunch of other weight.

Thanks.. I'll check out the page.. then you would not recommend a slip on system... A full system is what you suggest.. the price is good..

Cheers

This is available in BKK..right?

Cheers Mates

Thanks.. I'll check out the page.. then you would not recommend a slip on system... A full system is what you suggest.. the price is good..

Cheers

I don't know where the catalytic convertor is in the CBR300. If it's in the can, than most of the weight savings will come from a slip on.

However(!), you then have the look of a slip on stuck onto a stock exhaust. A bit goofy looking to me, but a personal choice. The fact the header and other pipes only costs ~2500 baht makes it a bit of a no-brainer in my book.

I believe he is based in BKK, but I just had him ship it up to my moo ban. Delivery was quick and it was wrapped with bubble sheets inside a sturdy cardboard box. Easy enough to install. A Thai mate and I did it ourself. Ran the engine until at operating temperature and then let it cool enough to not burn the sh!t out of our hands. Loosened the header bolts, removed the hanger bolt and took the whole assembly off in one piece. The new spring attachments were mounted on the head and then the headers were installed. Took a bit of twisting and lining up (take your time and make sure it's good so there's no exhaust leaks). Then loosely installed the exhaust hanger strap and slid the can into it. Put the inter-pieces up and again twisted and lined everything up. A final tightening of the exhaust hanger and I was ready to ride.

Cheers Mates

Cheers

I don't know where the catalytic convertor is in the CBR300. If it's in the can, than most of the weight savings will come from a slip on.

However(!), you then have the look of a slip on stuck onto a stock exhaust. A bit goofy looking to me, but a personal choice. The fact the header and other pipes only costs ~2500 baht makes it a bit of a no-brainer in my book.

I believe he is based in BKK, but I just had him ship it up to my moo ban. Delivery was quick and it was wrapped with bubble sheets inside a sturdy cardboard box. Easy enough to install. A Thai mate and I did it ourself. Ran the engine until at operating temperature and then let it cool enough to not burn the sh!t out of our hands. Loosened the header bolts, removed the hanger bolt and took the whole assembly off in one piece. The new spring attachments were mounted on the head and then the headers were installed. Took a bit of twisting and lining up (take your time and make sure it's good so there's no exhaust leaks). Then loosely installed the exhaust hanger strap and slid the can into it. Put the inter-pieces up and again twisted and lined everything up. A final tightening of the exhaust hanger and I was ready to ride.

Aloha

I had the new Exhaust system installed... the Akparvico (sp) wow this sounds like a bomb now.. I did not expect the increased vibration, and I wonder if that is not a good thing for the bike? Also, is there a Street Legal Noise ordinance in Thailand? I think not.

Since my Thai skills are not that good, I ask my questions on line.. for the SAVY riders... it appears my hands are too small for the clutch and brake levels, are their any kind of adjustable clutch and brake levels? I would not know were to buy these.. it makes a slight difference when shifting.. on the CBR 150 it is small are reaches the knuckles.. on the 300 CBR it is at the reach is just below of the finger tips.

Thanks for the suggestion..

On the pegs..