Girls joyriding in Malaysia Air cockpit...

krisb

My earliest memories of flying as a young kid was being allowed to go and visit the cockpit..

I think this reaction is a bit over the top - I wouldn't say it was a serious security breach because they were invited in by the captain...

but as far as professionalism and safety is concerned, that is a totally different matter and of course this behaviour is out of order!

Ya I remember an air hostess from now defunct TAA asking me if I wanted to go see the pilots fly when I was about 7 or so, around 1984 it was. Times were a little different then I suppose at least for a young fella.

I know the pilots weren't smoking I remember that much, but there were still smoking sections on planes back then, and I think you can still see the spot where ash trays were in the arm rests even today.

I have read stories of pilots blocking the windscreens out with blankets and newspapers to watch movies and play video games these days. Can give links if you like.

Maybe the older I get, the more I expect in the way of being professional?..dunno. I just feel the only people that should be in that cockpit are those employed by the airline, not 2 random chicks from the departure lounge.

But, the story of these girls (they're trying to screw) having what seems to be plenty of undivided attention by the 2 guys we're all paying to get us to point b in one piece, or at least have one of them keep focus on the road ahead at all times rather than holding some girls hand, then only to have 1 of them never to be seen again, is a little unnerving. Bit to relaxed up there were they perhaps??

Kind of like being asleep at the wheel isn't it?

So what happened to the other pilot, the Captain who survived? was he sacked?

Has this just been swept under the rug or what?

Is he still smoking his way into a heart attack while in command?...For that matter, don't they have smoke detectors in the cock pit?

'Ladies and Gentleman, this is your Captain speaking, we appear to be flying through fog...no hang on...it's just our durry's, my mistake'...can't even open the windows!

Just thinking out loud.

• Like 2

Much much harder to arrange a visit to any of the major airlines little room up-front!

Unless you have a contact amongst the crew, particularly the Cockpit crew, you can almost rule it out.

Even being a member of the particular airlines Frequent Flyer club won't help much.....Maybe Diamond type status over a number of years may get you through the door briefly.

Sad to say, but even if this latest Air Asia incident is shown eventually as no human error, I imagine an all-round tighten up!

As a member of Cathay Pacific's FF club some years back, I sat in the Cockpit for landings in Bangkok and the never forget experience of landing at the old Hong Kong Airport, where on landing you went down through the skyscrapers during the final moments. Although some 30-40 years back, it was absolutely amazing......The captain even allowed me to wear a set of headphones to hear the Control Tower comms.

• Like 1

"Has it become a problem for some reason"?

No problem - there is no such thing as terrorists these days. Armed Air Marshall's are common amongst some airlines flights. They are there for that reason.facepalm.gif

Edited by socksy01

My earliest memories of flying as a young kid was being allowed to go and visit the cockpit..

I think this reaction is a bit over the top - I wouldn't say it was a serious security breach because they were invited in by the captain...

but as far as professionalism and safety is concerned, that is a totally different matter and of course this behaviour is out of order!

dude the cappy was lookin to bone momma :-)
  • Like 1

2 Aussie brainless bimbos + 2 officers in the cockpit = All hoping for some "afterflight" activity

huh..... i know you ment to say skanks :-)

And they are jappies not Aussies. Maybe Aussie citizens but the accent... that ain't Australian.

• Like 1

It's no big deal, it doesn't surprise me that the Asian airlines are a bit more loose with the regulations that mostly came from 9/11 anyways.

you may not think it's a serious security breach but the world is full of Muslim nutcases who want to make a statement

then go see Allah.

If this pilot was married and his wife threatened to report him to the airline it's more than possible he crashed the plane.

I was travelling with my 10yo son in 199?, we were invited to sit in the cockpit.

Didn't ask, stewardess came back and asked us.

Has it become a problem for some reason?

I do believe 9/11 generally changed the rules reg any unauthorized persons in the cockpit.

I also recall being invited to the cockpit a few times as a child (I flew alone, but assisted by stewardesses from delivery to pickup). Anyway, the most exiting cockpit visit was when I asked the captain about to big flashy buttons, and he told me they were the machine cannons :-)

2 Aussie brainless bimbos + 2 officers in the cockpit = All hoping for some "afterflight" activity

Both of them are South African, 'Jonti' is a South African name, not Australian + the commentary in the video states that 'Jonti' was visiting Australia for a year. The rest I agree with entirely.

Edited by powerkick

Ya I remember an air hostess from now defunct TAA asking me if I wanted to go see the pilots fly when I was about 7 or so, around 1984 it was. Times were a little different then I suppose at least for a young fella.

I know the pilots weren't smoking I remember that much, but there were still smoking sections on planes back then, and I think you can still see the spot where ash trays were in the arm rests even today.

I have read stories of pilots blocking the windscreens out with blankets and newspapers to watch movies and play video games these days. Can give links if you like.

Maybe the older I get, the more I expect in the way of being professional?..dunno. I just feel the only people that should be in that cockpit are those employed by the airline, not 2 random chicks from the departure lounge.

But, the story of these girls (they're trying to screw) having what seems to be plenty of undivided attention by the 2 guys we're all paying to get us to point b in one piece, or at least have one of them keep focus on the road ahead at all times rather than holding some girls hand, then only to have 1 of them never to be seen again, is a little unnerving. Bit to relaxed up there were they perhaps??

Kind of like being asleep at the wheel isn't it?

So what happened to the other pilot, the Captain who survived? was he sacked?

Has this just been swept under the rug or what?

Is he still smoking his way into a heart attack while in command?...For that matter, don't they have smoke detectors in the cock pit?

'Ladies and Gentleman, this is your Captain speaking, we appear to be flying through fog...no hang on...it's just our durry's, my mistake'...can't even open the windows!

Just thinking out loud.

Auto pilot is a wonderful thing. Hardly need physical pilots anymore. Focus on the road ahead is handled electronically.

Edited by Jdietz

I was travelling with my 10yo son in 199?, we were invited to sit in the cockpit.

Didn't ask, stewardess came back and asked us.

Has it become a problem for some reason?

Big difference between entering cockpit for a minute while cruising and being invited from boarding queue to sit through the entire thing, including take-off and landing, fella.

Both of them are South African, 'Jonti' is a South African name, not Australian + the commentary in the video states that 'Jonti' was visiting Australia for a year. The rest I agree with entirely.

And Jonti mentioned speaking to her GF in Afrikaans about the guys smoking in a confined space - sorry, Kiwibatch, appears you've started the New Year with a clanger.