The New Year may bring?

willyumiii

My hopes and my full support are in support of Sonya, my beautiful intelligent daughter.

This time next year she will have finished a four year programming/coding degree, very likely with something close to a 3.6 GPA.

She will be moving to Bangkok to look for a job in in her field of study.

She was approached several times during her university training to quit her studies and take up a full-time modelling career.

Wisely she made a forward-thinking decision to decline and do the odd part time gig but she has stuck to her projects.

She surrounds herself with other young people, mostly young Thai women, who hold the same values and beliefs.

Smart. Poised. Forward thinking.

Sonya is a truly remarkable young Thai woman.

It will be my pleasure to support her in all her endeavours as she heads out on the next phase of her journey.

Now she can program codes that will hack all banks and send all the 1/2 (0.05) cents to your accounts. Good daughter. Birds of a feather! Apples falling from trees!

My hopes and my full support are in support of Sonya, my beautiful intelligent daughter.

This time next year she will have finished a four year programming/coding degree, very likely with something close to a 3.6 GPA.

She will be moving to Bangkok to look for a job in in her field of study.

She was approached several times during her university training to quit her studies and take up a full-time modelling career.

Wisely she made a forward-thinking decision to decline and do the odd part time gig but she has stuck to her projects.

She surrounds herself with other young people, mostly young Thai women, who hold the same values and beliefs.

Smart. Poised. Forward thinking.

Sonya is a truly remarkable young Thai woman.

It will be my pleasure to support her in all her endeavours as she heads out on the next phase of her journey.

Now she can program codes that will hack all banks and send all the 1/2 (0.05) cents to your accounts. Good daughter. Birds of a feather! Apples falling from trees!

Lemme guess . . . . . . You'd be grabbing yourself now wouldn't you ;-?

I'd suggest that you should be honest with your reply but that'd be expecting too much from a wreckdom of your caliber making the suggestions that you made.

Edited by Donnie Brasco

Think some are missing point of thread. They're asking how will things be for expats in general, not what are you personally wishing for yourself etc.

Immigration -- tight in some areas making it harder for some people to stay, easier for others such as online 90 day reporting

A look into expat earnings regard taxation, such as those in Thai Gulf oil & gas industry with salaries paid direct to offshore accounts

I think we can expect more of the same regards 'government' tightening up on the freedoms of daily life.

Inc internet freedom -- don't be surprised if this site gets targeted

Ongoing corruption and more of the same regards stop & search for expats/tourists

Tighter traffic/DUI laws

Curtailing of girlie bar activities

Ever rising prices despite low cost of oil

Rise in real estate

More animosity and violence toward foreigners

Fewer smiles

... stuff like that.

• Like 2

Cold weather and a new POTY

Not till December ...

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually I was referring to your good self as you were crowned just before this New Year. The next POTY will have to be someone new, I think you once mentioned.

What changes ( good or bad ) for expats in Thailand to you anticipate or speculate will happen in the New Year?

Reading the majority of posts here, is it difficult to predict?

Thailand sure does attract the best expats!

• Like 1

Cold weather and a new POTY

Not till December ...

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually I was referring to your good self as you were crowned just before this New Year. The next POTY will have to be someone new, I think you once mentioned.

I think the way it works, my good sir, is that the most recently elected POTY is always the current one during the following year until the next one is elected at the end of each year. At least that's how tutsiwarrior played it, and he's my true life hero. So that would mean a dude who lives in Australia was the POTY all of last year until 31 December. And so it goes. That all said, my sources tell me it is merely a TITULAR position. Regrettably titular positions ain't my favorite sort of positions.

Edited by Jingthing