Borax

mizztraveller

You could use boric acid, which is equally effective and is available at a chemist. I've gotten it there. Or you could go to one of the local chemical supply houses and ask for sodium borate or sodium tetraborate or disodium tetraborate which are all the chemical names of borax. One chemical supply house is Union Science is located on Suthep Road. Here are the GPS coordinates: 18.789650, 98.964374

Edited by quidnunc

A tip is to try a few mixers. I found that the some of the ants loved honey so mixed borax with it. I also found that other types liked bacon fat. Before mixing see what they like.

Good luck

I usually add a bit of crushed pineapple, passion fruit or kiwi fruit to the honey. Very strong smelling fruits so they can't miss it. They really like the smell of those, but they're not stupid - after a couple of days you need to change their munchies to a different flavour. I hadn't considered using bacon fat, but if they go for it, why not?

I have small plastic containers with DO NOT EAT written all over them with pre-mixed honey and borax in different flavours.

• Like 1

In our house we had a few different species,from

microscopic,to large black ants,who only seemed to

have a few in a colony and only came out at night.

So my wife bought some ant chalk at the 19 THB

shop up the market,cost 19 THB obviously,there

were 6 chalks in a pack,all you do is mark where

they are moving about with the chalk,it was a miracle

in half an hour there was not an ant to be seen,leave

it for a few days,then you can wash it off and apply

again if /when they return,2 months now and some

are starting to return.maybe it kills cockroaches too.

regards Worgeordie ( 19 THB shop ) one of those shops

that sells all kinds of stuff mostly from China,from 19 THB in

a market near you most likely.

• Like 2

I am not a fan of the chalk, simply because it does not "chalk" on ceramic tiles, so you cant see where you marked. The grout joints are a great surface to apply chalk but since all chalk is white and no one has white floor grout then I am against that idea.

@konini I bet ants love coming to your place for a pineapple smoothie; you treat them well.................my guess is that you are an animal lover and you dont really want to see them die.