Television Providers in Chiang Mai

toryboy1979

I currently have CTH providing TV for my house in Chiang Mai, however I am finding it very unsatisfactory, with the picture constantly 'freezing' or the remote not responding. So I would like to change my provider but I am told that the only alternative I have is to change to a satellite driven PSI system, which presumably would suffer the same problems as CTH or to go to TrueVision of who I am not a great fan.

I have heard of Ex-Pat tv but have no knowledge, so does anyone have such knowledge.

Other than that I guess I will need to buy a good supply of books!!!

I would welcome other posters experiences with TV providers in Chiang Mai if there are other suppliers.

"I have heard of Ex-Pat tv but have no knowledge, so does anyone have such knowledge".

Ex-Pat is predominantly British.

I also have CTH for the footie, but apart from that it's crap.

Describing CTH as "crap" you are being kind. Sky News breaks up constantly on clear sunny days.

We got a letter from them this week in Thai.My wife translated it to the effect that they don't like us paying monthly,which we have done faithfully,never late ,they want a direct debit from our bank.

Are they serious ? I can just see us rushing down to the bank when they go belly up when the English Premier League Football contract runs out as that's all that is keeping them alive.

You can google expat.tv. Know quite a few English expats who are more than happy with it,just gets back to what you want to watch.

Some of these systems depend on your having a good, robust internet connection. Perhaps that could be the cause of the "freezing".

I know WETV and Truevisions work independently of your internet. Don't know about the others.

Some of these systems depend on your having a good, robust internet connection. Perhaps that could be the cause of the "freezing".

I know WETV and Truevisions work independently of your internet. Don't know about the others.

CTH is one of the biggest TV providers in Thailand and the only provider of English Premier League football (soccer) and therefore holds the sword of Damocles too They are a cable and satellite provider, nothing to do with Internet connection.

UKTV you need Internet, but I haven't heard of any complaints and the slowest connection seems to work without any buffering. Don't ask me how, but it does.

"I have heard of Ex-Pat tv but have no knowledge, so does anyone have such knowledge".

Ex-Pat is predominantly British.

I also have CTH for the footie, but apart from that it's crap.

Describing CTH as "crap" you are being kind. Sky News breaks up constantly on clear sunny days.

We got a letter from them this week in Thai.My wife translated it to the effect that they don't like us paying monthly,which we have done faithfully,never late ,they want a direct debit from our bank.

Are they serious ? I can just see us rushing down to the bank when they go belly up when the English Premier League Football contract runs out as that's all that is keeping them alive.

You can google expat.tv. Know quite a few English expats who are more than happy with it,just gets back to what you want to watch.

I'm really glad I didn't pay up front, but some people got a good deal and are happy with it.

I bet your heart breaks for them not liking you paying monthly biggrin.png

I'm on the verge of kicking them into touch and going back to good old Match of the Day, which I can at least watch next day at a sensible time (and make sure I avoid the scores).

Plenty of existing threads on alternatives if you do a search,top right hand corner.

Depending on where you live add WETV which is cable

We have WeTV as well with the black box. I just pay 25 bahts a month more for Nat/Geo plus some other channels in English. If you buy a bigger package you get more. Freezing hmm yes this does happen occasionally with WeTV and I figure it happens from time to time with most providers here. The basics on WE/tv plus Nat/Geo plus movie torrents give me all the tv I want to watch.

Plenty of existing threads on alternatives if you do a search,top right hand corner.

Depending on where you live add WETV which is cable

We have WeTV as well with the black box. I just pay 25 bahts a month more for Nat/Geo plus some other channels in English. If you buy a bigger package you get more. Freezing hmm yes this does happen occasionally with WeTV and I figure it happens from time to time with most providers here. The basics on WE/tv plus Nat/Geo plus movie torrents give me all the tv I want to watch.

Could you or anyone else elaborate on what you mean about this "black box" and other channels such as "National Geographic plus some other channels in English. If you buy a bigger package you get more."

I've had WETV for many years and never heard of options available other than the basic service at 350 per month. I don't see anything about it on their website either.

Thanks.