Which visa solution for me?

Hello

Me and my wife are 40 years old. We are 2 falangs from europe.

We would like to stay in Thailand about 3 years. We don't need to work there. What visa possibilities do we have, with the less hassle... If possible no border run. If no choice OK for border runs.

We have a budget of 20-40 000 bahts each per years, for the visas, visas run, ...

So we cannot do the Elite visa

We cannot have the retirement visa

ED visa seems on total crisis. Maybe with good contacts at cool immigration?

So what are the left choice? back to back tourism visa? Multi entries, 2 times (2 + 1 month), so total 6 months? Is there a 3 entries?

Or only crossing borders, get 1 month, extend 1 month...? but at some point this can be problematic I guess?

Non-B maybe ?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

You should start out by getting a 3 entry tourist visa before traveling to here. Then you could get a 2 entry tourist visa in Laos.

After that first stay of about 15 months you could get another 2 entry tourist visa getting you to about 21 months.

I realistically cannot predict what the rules will be that far in the future though.

You can no longer expect to be able to stay on here on 30 day visa exempt entries.

Hi ubonjoe and thanks for your answer.

Actually I am already in Thailand, been here 2 years on ED visa, was very nice for learning Thai and getting the visa. But as you know....

Where can I go for the 3 entry visa? Are my odds quite high to get it?

Then should it be :

- entry in Thailand, wait 60 days, extend for 30 days for 1900thb, wait 30 days, border run, and start again, 3 times?

Not worth to to the "Non-B"? I don't know what is it and how legal it is and how much it is, I just know some people do use this to stay here.

Many thanks!

I replied with the impression you were still in Europe.

You could do another year studying Thai without a problem but it is getting more difficult to get the 90 day extensions and you have to go out for a new visa every year.

You can get a 3 entry tourist visa in Bali without a problem. You will need to show tickets of the country for each entry but he can separated by 90 days. You could purchase one way tickets to a nearby country on a low cost airline to satisfy the ticket requirement.

There are some law offices that are offering a multiple entry non-b visa for a substantial fee. You would have to make a trip back to Europe to get the visa with the paperwork they supply. Immigration at border crossings have been questioning people using them and asking for a work permit.

Hi ubonjoe, thanks for the reply :)

I prefer to avoid ED now...

So, if I go to Bali I could get triple entry. Then at each entry in Thailand, I will/may have to show and exit ticket before 90 days right?

So I may be able to do up to 3 times 90 days?

Does the Non-B works quite OK? What are the cons? The cost, the fact you can't do it in nearby countries?

Another question, not too related. What happens if I had a non-B for a few years, without WP, and I sign up to Thai Elite? Is the lack of WP a problem for the immigration check?

Thanks!

You have to show the tickets out of the country when you apply for the visa.

You will get a 60 days for each entry that you can extend for 30 days. You have do the 3rd entry on or before the enter before date on the visa.

The big problem with the non-b is that immigration is questioning people about what they are doing here and/or asking to see a work permit when they use one of the entries. Another factor to consider is that there is no guarantee you will get the visa when you apply at an embassy or consulate.

There would be no questions about the B when you applied for the PE visa after joining Thai elite.

Hi ubonjoe, thanks for the reply :)

So, if I go to Bali I could get triple entry. Then at each entry in Thailand, I will/may have to show and exit ticket before 90 days right?

Does the Non-B works quite OK? What are the cons? The cost, the fact you can't do it in nearby countries?

Another question, not too related. What happens if I had a non-B for a few years, without WP, and I sign up to Thai Elite? Is the lack of WP a problem for the immigration check?

Thanks!

Per you own OP what justification do you have to be issued a non-imm B, your not working or intending to start a business ?

So you have no reason to be issued one

Hi ubonjoe, thanks for the reply smile.png

Thanks!

Per you own OP what justification do you have to be issued a non-imm B, your not working or intending to start a business ?

So you have no reason to be issued one

The whole lot sounds dodgy. Me and the wife...40ish... been here for years...... now need another option. I guess Moscow is a little cool this time of year.

• Like 2

You have to show the tickets out of the country when you apply for the visa.

You will get a 60 days for each entry that you can extend for 30 days. You have do the 3rd entry on or before the enter before date on the visa.

The big problem with the non-b is that immigration is questioning people about what they are doing here and/or asking to see a work permit when they use one of the entries. Another factor to consider is that there is no guarantee you will get the visa when you apply at an embassy or consulate.

There would be no questions about the B when you applied for the PE visa after joining Thai elite.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in as a friend in England has been asking me about this and I don't know a lot about tourist visas.

Joe, you mention that you have to show your tickets out of the country when you apply for the visa.

You mentioned that it's possible to get a triple entry.

So one of the tickets needs to be booked at least 270 days ahead......is that OK with all cheap/local airlines?

What are the official monetary requirements please?

You can get tickets up to a year in advance on even the low cost airlines.

The consulate in Bali does not ask for financial proof. The official number is 20k baht if asked for.

If he is in England and wanting a visa the embassy in London does not ask for tickets or financial proof.

• Like 1

You can get tickets up to a year in advance on even the low cost airlines.

The consulate in Bali does not ask for financial proof. The official number is 20k baht if asked for.

If he is in England and wanting a visa the embassy in London does not ask for tickets or financial proof.

So if he obtained the visa in London, which is more than likely.

He wouldn't be required to show onward tickets or financial proof here........or is that a maybe not?

Is the 20k required in cash of any currency?

i am here in the USA Cal. I can get the 2 entry visa here in the USA, my question is how many months does that actually give a person, and what I am hearing on here is if I go out of Thailand per the mandate of the visa, do I have to fly out to another country?? I have heard mention about showing a ticket,. what about a bus trip to Cambodia & is it a good place to go to get my first stamp? and would that suffice. the bus ticket . back to my original question, how many months is a 2 entry visa good for.

i am here in the USA Cal. I can get the 2 entry visa here in the USA, my question is how many months does that actually give a person, and what I am hearing on here is if I go out of Thailand per the mandate of the visa, do I have to fly out to another country?? I have heard mention about showing a ticket,. what about a bus trip to Cambodia & is it a good place to go to get my first stamp? and would that suffice. the bus ticket . back to my original question, how many months is a 2 entry visa good for.

180 days when you get a 30 days extension for each entry. You can do each entry by land or air as you prefer. No tickets have to be shown.

You have leave the country before the permit to stay ends that you will get from the 30 day extension (about 90 days total) to use the 2nd entry..

You will need to do the 2nd entry before the enter before date on the visa that can be either 3 or 6 months from the date the visa is issued.

• Like 1