How To Change The Page Size...?

Mumbo Jumbo

When I surf the internet , each time i log on to a new site the pages are coming on the screen

too small, normally about 1/2 an inch all around the screen too small , and I have to click the top right hand page enlarge box every time . any idea how I can set the page size to start each time in full page size ....?

I am running Windows XP

Thanks ........... Mumbo

Not sure what browser you are using but if you hit the maximize box at the top and you exit the browser normally it will remember the last state (size) that the browser window was at and start at that size. This is with Firefox but pretty sure OE does it also.

Thanks ...tywais and udon.

Have you tried putting your cursor on the edge of the page and pulling it over, top, side and foot?...

yes and it resizes it OK but again when opening a new page it still opens too small..?

Not sure what browser you are using but if you hit the maximize box at the top and you exit the browser normally it will remember the last state (size) that the browser window was at and start at that size. This is with Firefox but pretty sure OE does it also...............

I am using IE6 and when I hit Maximize , it does put the page to full size, but again next time I open a new page its again too small..?

any more ideas please..? Thanks ............. Mumbo

I suspect this is the same as Udon recommended:

" Maximize Internet Explorer On Opening

Problem: When Internet Explorer opens it can range in size anywhere from that of a postage stamp to almost filling the screen. Clicking the maximize button works for that particular window but the next time you open IE the same situation repeats.

Solution: The default behavior for Internet Explorer is to open at the same size it was at the last time it was closed. While the default does apply in many cases it's not always consistent. Try the following workaround.

* Open a single Internet Explorer window to the smaller size.

* Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window.

* Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then Exit on the menu bar. Do not use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the window.

* Internet Explorer should now open in a full window.

* If it still opens to a smaller size repeat the above instructions, substituting the "Shift" key for the "Ctrl" key. "

Worse comes to worse here is an application (free) that can control it: http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.asp