Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

Totally agree on the massive debt both government and personal. The bubble is about to pop not unlike 1997 but this time much worse. Spend, spend, spend like there is no tomorrow while you go farther into debt. Can,t wait for the Thai baht to hit 60 or more to the U.S dollar.

Fear not. In the midst of a global downturn, Thailand will be rescued by Chinese tourist hordes and massive new government debt (aka "economic stimulus"). Happiness and prosperity will abound. Next question?

Luckily for Thailand this country has a huge surplus of foreign currency and a huge surplus of cash.. Thailand will not go bust for a long time.. a slow down Yes, same as most of the world.. but as there is no social security here and no imigrant problem, Thailand will survive very well. Also the new ally in China will help Thailand stay afloat even if it were to get into difficulties. Rock on Thailand , Pass the Chang.. So , I don't know where you get your info Jungle Jim, but I think you should stop to believe your wife...

First Thailand was blind by their expectations about the russian quality tourists. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Now they will getting a much bigger problem and I don't talk about the hassle on the airports, caused by the chinese tourists. post-4641-1156694606.gif

This is just to cover the real target of China, they will take over Thailand soon, simple said they will buy it.

After my last post, I have read some of the posts within the other 10 pages, and WOW!

As GAZZPA says, so much hate in some of the other posts. Most of us do not

know a lot , of how Russian people think, or some of us have experienced, some Russian tourists

who have been pretty ignorant, and overbearing in the past, and that's how we come to

form our own opinions of that country's people. I have met some very good Russian citizens,

as I managed to be in Vancouver years ago at the Expo and chat with some pilots, and others

at the Russian exhibit there. What I also seen was the number of KGB agents that kept walking

around and making sure the ordinary Russians were behaving them selves.

I believe that the KGB is still alive and very strong in Russia, and maybe that is why at least

in public, the Russians say that Putin is their hero.

Who wants to be put in jail for saying anything else!

I also wonder if some of the people in this forum's post are who they say they are.

Some people seem to be defending Russia and its people a bit too vigorous, and I

wonder if they are people from the country they say they are, or maybe from some

other country, but sending their message to this forum via a friendlier country to make

like they are just like the rest of us forum chatter's? Just my own opinion and my

skeptical way to say, hmmmm, have we been infiltrated?

Stargeezer

bad news if your a tourism business that depends on these nationalitys

the statements by some TV members is mind boggleing about Russia and putin ...i suggest swithing off CNN then reserch what you think you know

about>

couple of hints

George Sorros, UN , IMF, US military build up in Europe, US citizen to be Ukraines new PM

Russia reaps the seeds it sows, stop watching RT

Why? can't you handle the truth?

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, this short term pain for Russia will be longer term gain: the shift to China for trade, freeing itself from USD ties with a greater focus on RMB denominated activity= backfire on US and Europe. It may take a while but the Russians will be back.

They won't be back as your Euro-masters as they once were, because they don't have anything to sell except oil and gas. They don't make or create anything.

But could be good for the german economy, they have to offer a lot of good technology, they should change their policy asap.

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, this short term pain for Russia will be longer term gain: the shift to China for trade, freeing itself from USD ties with a greater focus on RMB denominated activity= backfire on US and Europe. It may take a while but the Russians will be back.

They won't be back as your Euro-masters as they once were, because they don't have anything to sell except oil and gas. They don't make or create anything.

But could be good for the german economy, they have to offer a lot of good technology, they should change their policy asap.

Best news of the year ... yet :)

I am a Thailand traveller for 20 years and have met tourists from all countries, but none as rude as Russians. I stay in Jomtien at the end of Beach Road and all WAS quiet till the Russians stayed in the same building. I have personally SEEN them throw sigarette ends in the pool (not kidding), throwing empty bottles in it and making noise at 3 am. Never seen that in the building in all the years I have stayed there... In taxi's they "assume" all western people are Russian and talk to them in Russian.... ALWAYS loud, even rude to Thais (also seen and heard that on several occasions).

• Like 1

Don't the Russians generally gravitate to Pattaya? I haven't been there for years. Not many in Bangkok or Hua Hin which is quite a relief and with these projected visitor numbers it is unlikely they'll be there anytime soon. Just to prove I'm not picking on the little darlings I stopped visiting Phuket due to the fact the bars there resembled the cast of an antipodean Star Wars.

Putin has really screwed up this time and that will now affect ordinary Russians....not good for them of course !! At the same time.....they dont really fit in with the other international Tourists visiting Thailand, last year I Went to Phuket and tried to have a chat on several occasions with partying russian....they looked at us....not very interested....and continued their own party.....that was strange !! Can anyone explain this behaviour ????

Yes, I guess this is just a lack of english language skills by the most of the russians, this was also the reason why they could built very fast their own mostly illegal tourguiding companies in phuket.

I have never been to Phukhet or Pattaya and we don't see many Russians in Chiang Mai, but from what I have heard of their drinking habits perhaps the headline should have read -

" Numbers of falling Russian tourists falling by the minute " whistling.gif

Amazing really. Putin admits sending troops into the Ukraine yet people still say it did not happen. President of Ukraine is elected on a mandate for closer European ties, reneges just before signing up for it and in addition does a total U-turn. People immediately take to the streets to complain and the US is blamed.

• Like 1

Amazing really. Putin admits sending troops into the Ukraine yet people still say it did not happen. President of Ukraine is elected on a mandate for closer European ties, reneges just before signing up for it and in addition does a total U-turn. People immediately take to the streets to complain and the US is blamed.

Does the West expect Putin not to react as NATO and the EU expand ever closer to its borders? Just asking like.

• Like 1

Fear not. In the midst of a global downturn, Thailand will be rescued by Chinese tourist hordes and massive new government debt (aka "economic stimulus"). Happiness and prosperity will abound. Next question?

I agree with you 100%

It's already happening bus loads of them, I used to drive tours in NZ the place swamped with them they direct all their people to Chinese owned business and shops no good for genuine Thai economy.

The tour guides rip their people off and lie to them about where to go for shopping and eating and backhanders are rife.

Hua Hin swamped some evenings with bus loads of them, I was eating on one of the Pier restaurant's wont go there again it's turned into overpriced bland horrible food and filthy toilets.

I agree with you 100%

It's already happening bus loads of them, I used to drive tours in NZ the place swamped with them they direct all their people to Chinese owned business and shops no good for genuine Thai economy.

The tour guides rip their people off and lie to them about where to go for shopping and eating and backhanders are rife.

Hua Hin swamped some evenings with bus loads of them, I was eating on one of the Pier restaurant's wont go there again it's turned into overpriced bland horrible food and filthy toilets.

It's like reading the Daily Mail here. Is it complulsory to always type the word "hordes" when the Chinese are mentioned? I presume we are talking the same Chinese hordes who are going to unleash genocide on the West in 20 years or so?

And most of the world was screwed by Imperialist Britain so no need to hang on to the Falklands, Gibralter then hey. The US covert imperliasm (maybe not so covert with 170 military bases worldwide) will end oneday as all empires have in the past. Russia as with Thailand have recently agreed monetary swaps with China. Russia is no fool. There economy will bounce back. And as for the racsist rants on Russian tourists here in Thailand im a Brit and wouldnt been seen dead with the beer idiots from my own country here. It doesnt mean all Brits are like that though.

Actually a lot of places were brought up to speed by that 'imperialist Britain' of yours and we'd (society 2015) be nowhere near where we are without that input, but berate your own history if it makes you feel all fuzzy.

The sentiments heaped on the average Russian tourist is warranted, a lot of them are disrespectful and downright aggressive and antisocial to anyone but their own. Yes the Brit louts are scummy, but would you rather be seen with the Russian version, is that what you're saying?

I really find these mawkish types that denigrate their own in favour of whoever quite sad. Perhaps you should renounce your citizenship!

I will miss the Russian tourists. Some of their women look extremely sexy and functions as great eye-candy, when on the beach.

Never understood, why they hang out with bull-dog looking guys in strange clothes and with bad hair cuts?

I hope they come back (at least the women)...

It's just about money as usual. giggle.gif

There are still zillions of Russians here at Jomtien right now.

You can't swing a cat by the tail without hitting one.

They will be soon at home at the latest into 2 week they running on another calendar as the rest of the world.

Great Britain civilised the world over a couple of centuries. Just saying like.

Correct. Actually we stole most of the world as well...Unfortunately we have had to give most of it back. The only people who want to stay is the Falkland islands.. facepalm.gif

And the Gibraltarians ................ and the Indians but they'll never admit it.

• Like 1

whoopie do! maybe the numbner of russian gangsters in pattaya and phuket will go down! don't need those smelly, crooked gangsters in thailand. thailand has a short memory, remember the three russians who robbed a bank in pattaya and kiled a gueard and then hijacked a boat to run by sea!

Very simple

1 russian = 2 chinese

3 chinese = 1.5 russians

therefore russian tourists have increased by 50% according to TAT maths

tourist revenue will increase next year.

TAT doesn't worry about the cost side of the equation

If you think that fewer Russian girls is a good thing there is something wrong with you. Or "un-traditional".

Life is more than this. But unless you are at the end waiting for your departure gate? How sad.

As recently observed - the rouble is turning to rubble!

The tourism industry should appeal to tourists world wide rather than relying on a "select" market or two. That is not rocket science just good economics coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Agree about the lager louts but it won,t break my heart to see most of the Russians gone. Ask any Thai about their opinions of the Russians and some other types of foreigners and you will get an ear full. Yea they might love your money but not your overall personality and i would have to agree with them. Negative perhaps but it is the truth. Maybe one of the reasons for foreigners getting taken advantage of. Show disrespect towards the Thais and they will find a way to get even. Respect them, respect their customs, respect their laws, respect THEIR country and guess what no problems.

Yes but, eliminate what you feel is undesirable and it gets replaced by the next best undesirable, you will always be complaining about something until you realize that you are just looking at yourself....

Edited by lil fluffy clouds

Looking on the bright side, on your next trip to Russia, can you imagine how many blonde Russian hookers you can buy with a Dollar now?

Bonus: "The legal age of sexual consent in Russia is 16 years old."

Russia is a cold country in more ways than one.

Neither of your points mean anything to someone who has lived in Thailand.