Province with most jobs going?

shane

Hi, Im planning to purchase some property in LOS, but can't decide where yet? Ive been teaching for 5 years in Bkk and living a total of 7 years here since 1999 but, plan on leaving soon to either Khon Kaen or Nakhon Ratchasima.

My question is: Which province would you say has the highest demand for teachers outside of BKK? Most schools? Etc,..

Thanks in advance Shane

You've been here 7 years and need to ask those questions?

As I said, I've been teaching only in Bkk and surrounding areas, so not to sure about other provinces in regards to teaching work

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

You've been here 7 years and need to ask those questions?

As I said, I've been teaching only in Bkk and surrounding areas, so not to sure about other provinces in regards to teaching work

I have been teaching in bkk 5 years also and know very little of areas outside bkk.

I am getting tired of bkk and want a change also. But I want to teach math in schools with English Programs.

I am looking forward to hearing people's advice here

• Like 1

I would say that you might find living in Kolat especially in the city, to be too much like Bkk - as in lots of cement… and so if it is a cleaner more natural surround that you are looking for, probably Khon Kaen would be better - - though I have no idea how many job availabilities are in each area, you really just need one good one and might try lots of places if you are tired of Bkk - you might try CM or CR in the north or look for a beach town like HH -

good luck.

• Like 1

I would say that you might find living in Kolat especially in the city, to be too much like Bkk - as in lots of cement… and so if it is a cleaner more natural surround that you are looking for, probably Khon Kaen would be better - - though I have no idea how many job availabilities are in each area, you really just need one good one and might try lots of places if you are tired of Bkk - you might try CM or CR in the north or look for a beach town like HH -

good luck.

Ive been to CM,CR, HH and researched these places and what i heard from locals was that teaching work is rather hard to get because of all the expats and teachers living there.

Thats part of the reason why i have decided to move to either KK or NR, they have the largest populations, and with (smaller) Farang/expat populations.

• Like 2

'' Hi, Im planning to purchase some property in LOS '' you should know by now that statement does not exist in Thailand, it should read,, my wife / partner will buy property and i will pay for it with my money and that i will own none of it or have title to it, this is just to remind many of us and not to forget BUT as a landowner and property owner myself i would advise not to be a property owner anywhere in the world, you know land and property is looked upon by governments as ASSETS that a value is put upon, to me these are not assets but liabilities in as much as taxes and maintenance must be paid SO if you buy property in (example Korat) then secure a job in (example not Korat) then you will have an extra liability to maintain,,, the moral is - do the math, don't let your big fortune dwindle to a small fortune like many others have.

• Like 2

More millionaires have been made in America by real estate, than anything else. Likely same in Thailand. A bank account is an asset, too...except right now only produces about 1%. The OP can buy a condo..that's property...he likely knows that.

I would prefare Ubon Ratchathani nice environment a lot of nice thai Style flooting restaurants on Mae Nam Mun, Mekong not far, very close to Laos, Paxe, Cambodia, Khao Phra Viharn etc.

I saw 1 month ago an offer for an english teacher 30.000THB I forgot the name of the school.

I would prefare Ubon Ratchathani nice environment a lot of nice thai Style flooting restaurants on Mae Nam Mun, Mekong not far, very close to Laos, Paxe, Cambodia, Khao Phra Viharn etc.

I saw 1 month ago an offer for an english teacher 30.000THB I forgot the name of the school.

'' Hi, Im planning to purchase some property in LOS '' you should know by now that statement does not exist in Thailand, it should read,, my wife / partner will buy property and i will pay for it with my money and that i will own none of it or have title to it, this is just to remind many of us and not to forget BUT as a landowner and property owner myself i would advise not to be a property owner anywhere in the world, you know land and property is looked upon by governments as ASSETS that a value is put upon, to me these are not assets but liabilities in as much as taxes and maintenance must be paid SO if you buy property in (example Korat) then secure a job in (example not Korat) then you will have an extra liability to maintain,,, the moral is - do the math, don't let your big fortune dwindle to a small fortune like many others have.

I've bought land here before , I use my 7 y.o daughters name. Only problem is that I can't sell until she turns 20 y.o, as foreigners aren't allowed to profit from sale of land and I am the one who is legally in control of her assets. (My daughters mother is not involved anymore) I see buying land as an investment, and with the high speed rail coming eventually to both Korat and kk and a growing economy (even when chaos is happening) I'd say it's a sound one.

My other land is increasing in value nicely, though only small pieces they have been steadily growing in value.

Hi Shane,

years ago, I noticed that a pool villa for sale at 20 M could be rented for 40,000 Baht.

In Vietnam, I saw well made houses. Just the concrete and finishing was solid and of high quality. While there is often shoddy craftsmanship, thin walls and substandard materials. Yes, you can spend millions. But would it be wise?

Friends got married, then bought a new house. That was so dreadful, they had to dump it. Please be very careful and look before you leap!

Renting comes with risks, too. Some LLs go will, killing the golden goose. Just ask foreign shop owners...

This is none of my business, but I'd ask a different question. One about quality of life, natural beauty, ... Northern Thailand has a lot going. Nan, towns near Chiang Mai, or some place in the South if you like the sea?

I've bought land here before , I use my 7 y.o daughters name. Only problem is that I can't sell until she turns 20 y.o, as foreigners aren't allowed to profit from sale of land and I am the one who is legally in control of her assets. (My daughters mother is not involved anymore) I see buying land as an investment, and with the high speed rail coming eventually to both Korat and kk and a growing economy (even when chaos is happening) I'd say it's a sound one.

My other land is increasing in value nicely, though only small pieces they have been steadily growing in value.

Really? Good for you! But there is a snag. While I'm not disputing your statement regarding FMV of your lots, I do see practical issues when it comes to finding a buyer.

I just dumped 5 lots last year. A realtor bought them. And family took years to sell s.th. in Isaan. (They often love to take out stupid 5% a month loans against land as collateral).

Now try realising the profit. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Well, if you want to buy some real estate, consider the U.S.

A $ 50 k SFH produces $ 920 gross rent. There are PM fees, repairs and just last Summer, a new air conditioner cost $ 3,500. Still, one gets about 10% after taxes.

Go on, take a look at building sites. Crumbling cement, shoddy practices. That POS house will likely be a tear down in 22 years. And the cost of ownership vs renting? Mmm. Me, I value freedom. This line of work is as unstable as it gets for most of us without a teaching license.

A townhouse with a great location would be a good bet, since you are buying in Thai name. Good rental income, and a big payday when the bulldozer comes. OTOH, a huge house in the exurbs can be hard to rent and even harder to sell. It is fact, the thais don't like used houses, but if it is a premiere location, they won't have a choice. My cousin paid 120K usd for this house in 1984; her daughter just got 980K for it. It will likely be torn down in the next few years....meanwhile renting for 3900 per month. *link edited out*

Edited by Scott
Link edited out