wifes family

crickets

I have been woth my GF family many times in issan ... sharing the food from frogs to ants to rats... of course not every farang can even imagine eating this food but I want to ! I also male an effort of learning propper thai reading speaking writing the lot .. and now only 1 month into learning I undrstand a lot more than before. In fact her family male an effort to speak very simple thai with me so that I understand even easier. I think if you make an effort to get to know them propperly and the way things are here in thailand, then you might actually enjoy being here...otherwise ...go home .

;-)

I think it is out of order to tell folk to "go home". We are all different in our outlook on life and how we want to live it, same as many Thai folk don't really like adjusting to a farangs stuff yet thay marry a farang.

PS. If you want to eat crap that is up to you but I for one will not.

Nobody says you have to come to thailand ... I don't know your country of origin ...but remember this...when in Rome..etc.

Oh yes , one more thing....the crap you speak about ...is most people's staple diet in issan especially... don't try and impose your farang ideas here.. it will not work I guarantee it...

I have lived and loved in many countries and to speak disrespectful like you do is OUT OF ORDER .. try that in Sicily ... and you be swimming with the fishes in no time ;-)

Yes in some regions of isaan, ( hardly the staple diet) ,don't limit what is thai to that region..I read stuff on this thread that is so far removed from what a lot of foreigners experience here..it's very Issan centric..upcountry.

He is not being disrespectful..you try something you don't like it..move on..you do bring your culture and tastes here when you arrive..I dislike somtan..I have a lot of thai acquaintances that prefer Japanese to a lot of thai foods oh! dear!

referring to the food the locals enjoy as crap is disrespectful! period!

Hi I will not have my thais family come and stay with me it is not on and if I am back home in Australia and some of her family stay at my home I am ok with that but when I am in my home living in thailand they can't stay the first time I come back after I have been away for a long time I put on the food but outside not in my home and then after that I don't see them I mite see her mum and dad walk pass but not come in my home my home is of limits to the Thais family I told her from day one I not like people come to my home and no kids as well last year I had the kids sitting out the front and told her to tell them to go away and the next day no kids it is my home and not the Thais family's home and yes some of you will say you can't own a home in thailand and yes I can't own it but I have a 30 years agreement on the land and I paid to build the home and if she is good to me and she has been good to me in the last 6 years she can have the home but if she plays up and piss me off or go's and has a boyfriend behind my back then the home will come down to earth and I will put it on YouTube but hop it does not come to that I am the boos I pay for everything and she no's that , it has taking me some time to get her to understand who pays and now she understand and I will not give her money when I am in thailand but I do send her money every month when I go home to Australia but and I say this I WILL NOT GIVE MY THAI WIFE MONEY WHEN I AM LIVEING IN THAILAND NEVER AND IF SHE DOSE NOT LIKE IT SHE KNOWS WERE THE DOOR IS .

She'll probably go on the game then. That's the only way they know of making good money quickly.

• Like 1

Well I have been told my food stinks (rich coming from plha ra land) and that weetabix tastes like pig food by Thais. It's only food not their religion. a lot of Thai food is crap, especially that unhealthy deep fried in palm oil muck

Well I have been told my food stinks (rich coming from plha ra land) and that weetabix tastes like pig food by Thais. It's only food not their religion. a lot of Thai food is crap, especially that unhealthy deep fried in palm oil muck

good thinking! because some rude thai says your food stinks then by all means sink to his level and become a rude complainer yourself!! that will teach them!! lol

Yes been there got the T Shirt, had a trip up Isaan last New Year, started with visit to the supermarket for some beer, ended up with a convoy of trollies behind me, WTFDID ? In the middle of nowhere, no idea where I was at ten o'clock at night. We went out most days but when it come to pay for fuel, food etc they just stared at me ! Thais expect you to pay for everything why ? Is it because we are a guest in their country or we are treated as walking ATM's ? The family all work and have trucks/scooters so not exactly skint.

Another time they visited me in a hotel next thing the kids are all having showers and the adults were hungry, are they are just cheeky b******s and push you to the limit until you say enough is enough, then they seem offended when you say no. I was asked to go to Isaan this New Year, no way !

Different families different experiences happen all of the world.

Yes been there got the T Shirt, had a trip up Isaan last New Year, started with visit to the supermarket for some beer, ended up with a convoy of trollies behind me, WTFDID ? In the middle of nowhere, no idea where I was at ten o'clock at night. We went out most days but when it come to pay for fuel, food etc they just stared at me ! Thais expect you to pay for everything why ? Is it because we are a guest in their country or we are treated as walking ATM's ? The family all work and have trucks/scooters so not exactly skint.

Another time they visited me in a hotel next thing the kids are all having showers and the adults were hungry, are they are just cheeky b******s and push you to the limit until you say enough is enough, then they seem offended when you say no. I was asked to go to Isaan this New Year, no way !

A western family would never ever dream of taking the liberties Thai families do.

• Like 1

Hi I will not have my thais family come and stay with me it is not on and if I am back home in Australia and some of her family stay at my home I am ok with that but when I am in my home living in thailand they can't stay the first time I come back after I have been away for a long time I put on the food but outside not in my home and then after that I don't see them I mite see her mum and dad walk pass but not come in my home my home is of limits to the Thais family I told her from day one I not like people come to my home and no kids as well last year I had the kids sitting out the front and told her to tell them to go away and the next day no kids it is my home and not the Thais family's home and yes some of you will say you can't own a home in thailand and yes I can't own it but I have a 30 years agreement on the land and I paid to build the home and if she is good to me and she has been good to me in the last 6 years she can have the home but if she plays up and piss me off or go's and has a boyfriend behind my back then the home will come down to earth and I will put it on YouTube but hop it does not come to that I am the boos I pay for everything and she no's that , it has taking me some time to get her to understand who pays and now she understand and I will not give her money when I am in thailand but I do send her money every month when I go home to Australia but and I say this I WILL NOT GIVE MY THAI WIFE MONEY WHEN I AM LIVEING IN THAILAND NEVER AND IF SHE DOSE NOT LIKE IT SHE KNOWS WERE THE DOOR IS .

Wow! You are just bubbling over with kindness and goodwill eh!
look I am smart not a dick head I am a very good man but not going to let a thai or a western woman control me again I have lost a lot of money to woman in the west more then you can think about a lot and I will never let my dick reel over my big head not like a lot of people who come to thailand

I would've thought a smart man like you wouldn't have anything more to do with females.

PPL who don't learn from mistakes they made and repeat the same mistakes again are just idoits.

I don't talking explicite about relationships only.

• Like 1

A western family would never ever dream of taking the liberties Thai families do.

so what?

The mother in law, sister and niece live on the other side of the village in two houses and the MIL’s extended family live in a village 5 km away, so when people came recently they had plenty of places to stay without bothering us. My wife usually goes to visit them for a while during the day before returning to the quiet of our home.

The kids like to come play in our yard or catch fish in our pond but fortunately non of them feel comfortable in our house. I guess it is too different from what they are used to, and they don’t know how to act, so they feel uncomfortable. Our Bangkok friends love to come and stay with us but not the family.
It should be pointed out that there is no alcohol or karaoke at out house, so unless someone likes good old fashioned conversation in a quiet surrounding, boredom is likely to set in quickly. Again our Bangkok friends quite enjoy the peace and quiet along with the conversation and views.
10882329_832475440129568_755900419268936

catfish?

Pladuk

• Like 1

I get a laugh at these guys who happily play along never fully understanding the cultural differences at play. Never knowing that they will never be truly accepted as part of the family. Sure, they may smile and put up with you as long as you are paying the bills and giving them some sort of improved social status (nicer house usually).

Also wrt your girl is different Thai lady friend. Her priorities are, 1 family, 2 friends, 3 if you are extremely lucky you will be 3. I don't care how much you think your girl is different. You can't change her programming. Only exceptions are orphans. Then you have a shot at # 2 after her thai friends.

Spot on mate, many live here deluded as to their partners priorities. My mrs once said 99% of Thai women only marry falang for one reason. it's a trade off as long as you are getting what you want it's worth it. But even if you have been here 40 years you will always be the falang, or alien as immigration like to put it. I wonder how many of these happy family members would react if we asked them for a loan? Might be worth a try just to see. smile.png

Some guys refer this phenomenon as "Riding the Si Saket Highway" since so many of these love starved chumps make regular trips on that road to "visit the family". Basically they are the ones being taken for a ride.

So I guess the 99% of guys here who say their girl is different have all met that 1% of Thai girls who really are different. Funny how that works.laugh.png I have a very simple response to all these 'lucky' guys who have a thai girl that is different. Stop paying her and her family and see what happens. Even for 1 day. Tell her you got sued and are now broke. Tell her the plan is to move back up north with the family and earn a living rice farming. I'm sure she will be very understanding about it because she lub you too mutt.w00t.gif

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

I am fortunate that my wifes family live local. I dont have the problem with visiters invading the place.

I have lived here 4 years in this home, family have been invited for meals several times. Never been recipricated until yesterday, we were invited over to pa pas home for a Thai bbq. !!What!!

I am waiting to be asked for something, it will happen soon.

Now that i am confined to my bed (paralysed) i need constant help.

My wife phoned me about 3 weeks ago, darling tonight i will be home late, no problem i have phoned my sister, she will come give you dinner,open light, close windows. Wife arrived home 9 pm, me in the dark no food no water eaten alive with mosquitoes. Why my sister not come?

How should i know.Wife calls sister why not not take care?Not my husband was the reply, also he farang!!

Thai family ............. i am lost for words.

Shame on them ...self self self self

I don't want to hurt Mr. Colin Neil, but he has to think about him-self too. If this would happened to me I could called around 15 friends (Thais and Farangs both)

to help me, not just lay in the dark.

My grandmother always said: you will get back pretty sure what you did before ...

I'm sorry his paralysed situation and I wish getting better to him.

With all respect to your grandmother, we having the same bloody phrase in germany, but unfortunately this does'nt works anytime.

Mr. Colin Neil is in special situation unfortunately, I feel sorry for him and wish him good luck for the future.

I think the problem is, if you are in a country, you did'nt growed up, no old friends around, then this is not easy in his situation.

Anyway old friends in general are not a guarantee, that they will helping on long a term with his kind of sickness.

But I can tell you another phrase which is 100% true.

"If your are old 60+ and still having a handful real good friends left, then you are rich".

• Like 1

Did you every been in Italy, Spain or Portugal family relations countrysite almost the same like in Thailand the problem is some ppl with another culture can enjoy it, others not and this is not false of the host, caused is their culture.

• Like 1

The first few posts has me believe they each had a limited understanding of Thai culture and language before they met their so called love.

Partnered with uneducated girls derived from poor, uneducated families way down in the Thai class system.

I'm thinking you're as thick as them.....you get what you pay for.

Mediocre at best.

Edited by Blackfox
  • Like 1

Such a lot of sad ar-ses, your lives must be extremely stressful and miserable in Thailand, where everything that should be jovial is considered a great inconvenience and a burden, an intrusion into their territories.

We had many of the family round for Christmas, my BiLs, SiLs, wife`s cousins, aunts, uncles and nephew. In all about 22 of us and we had a wonderful time. The wife`s family done all the cooking and clearing up afterwards, I just sat there being sociable and enjoying the company. Loved it.

I would imagine that the attitudes displayed by some posters here is a portrayal of their characters in general. This is Thailand, where families still matter and have close ties with each other and as regards some of you that think the relatives are talking about you and consider you as the stupid farang, then quite frankly I can`t blame them.

My wifes family are fantastic same as yours, very friendly, we all chat a lot, never ask for anything, and they understand me 100 percent, if I say no its a no, and my wife backs me 100 percent all the time in everything I do, most familys are not from hell, some are great, and only 1 in my wifes family drinks, and she is sensible

Such a lot of sad ar-ses, your lives must be extremely stressful and miserable in Thailand, where everything that should be jovial is considered a great inconvenience and a burden, an intrusion into their territories.

We had many of the family round for Christmas, my BiLs, SiLs, wife`s cousins, aunts, uncles and nephew. In all about 22 of us and we had a wonderful time. The wife`s family done all the cooking and clearing up afterwards, I just sat there being sociable and enjoying the company. Loved it.

I would imagine that the attitudes displayed by some posters here is a portrayal of their characters in general. This is Thailand, where families still matter and have close ties with each other and as regards some of you that think the relatives are talking about you and consider you as the stupid farang, then quite frankly I can`t blame them.

My wifes family are fantastic same as yours, very friendly, we all chat a lot, never ask for anything, and they understand me 100 percent, if I say no its a no, and my wife backs me 100 percent all the time in everything I do, most familys are not from hell, some are great, and only 1 in my wifes family drinks, and she is sensible

sounds lke my family but i would be hesitant to say no if it was something important to my wife.

House rules here , when are they coming when are they leaving and whos coming . No one sleeps on the floor and no ome sleeps on the couch. And no ome invades the man cave . Family is welcome and that doesnt stretch past mother father sister brother nieces and nephews . No tag alongs allowed . You bring friends you stay at a guest house . We once had a lady show up for an expected and welcomed stay . When she arrived three more people showed up we didnt know and nrpught there two dogs along . From that point on we drew a line . Wife understands and agrees .

My wife always says that she and her Thai friends consider many of the farang ex-pats staying in Thailand as weird. And to be honest after reading many of these posts I have to agree with them.

I know when out and about quite a few won`t even make eye contact, they plonk themselves in Thailand and then prefer to hide away in their own little worlds intolerant of everything and everyone around them. I have no idea why some of them bother to get married. Perhaps they marry as a convenience for having a permanent glorified house keeper or to own property and conduct some sorts of business here? My wife`s family are probably no better and no worse than anyone else`s in-laws, only I make the effort to be a part of that family for the sake of my wife and our children who of course love their extended family. It is very easy to apply some rules about over staying their welcome, but it has to be done diplomatically and there must be compromise, if not then you become the long and suffering, the moaning old farts brigade, boring and not liked, plus it must be one form of living hell for the wives who have to endure living with you guys.

I think the problems lies with the fact that probably the majority of Thailand ex-pats are old retirees and the longer they are here the grouchier and more cranky they become. From what I have witnessed they are never able to fully adapt to life in Thailand, they seem to be on an up hill struggle against the environments around them, it seems impossible for them to be able to interact with others, the one and only solitary farang who just want`s to be left alone and wallow in their own solitudes.

Before accusing everyone else of having faults, it would first be wise to annalise your own characters and faults, because it is obvious that the attitudes are:I`m alright it`s all the others.

Gee whiz Beetlejuice, you're a bit hard.

Thai's or anybody else's opinion of us is irrelevant. We cannot live our lives worrying about what others think of us; otherwise inadvertantly we become 'slaves' to others. I remember when my wife and I moved into our home, a neighbour told my wife "the farang won't stay out here." Well, 7 & 1/2 years later we're still here and happy. What do the neighbours' think now? I don't know and I don't care. Their liking/respecting of us is their problem not ours.

People, all around the world, are different. Our lifestyles are not the same; but one thing we do have in common is that we all have "boundaries"...what is acceptable or unacceptable. Every healthy relationship must have boundaries and what is acceptable/unacceptable to you and your wife may be completely different to us. But it is important that others respect the boundaries that the relationship has set and that they are non-negotiable.

Lastly, your tirade against those who like solitude seems to show an ignorance of human differences. Some like the company of others most of the time while others can be quite content with their own company at times. There is nothing wrong with either; it is basic human nature.

if you listen to him closely , you will see that his biggest complaint is not boundaries per se, its the farang imposing HIS boundaries on his wife with no regard for her wishes or feelings. and the opinion of others IS important if we hope to integrate into a new society.

Wanna have a good wife with good in-law, stay away from marrying bar girls from Soi Cow Boy, Nana Entertainment, Pat Phong, Pattaya Walking Street. Thier family is waiting to invade you and suck you dry. The truth hurt!!!

nice generalization!

Wanna have a good wife with good in-law, stay away from marrying bar girls from Soi Cow Boy, Nana Entertainment, Pat Phong, Pattaya Walking Street. Thier family is waiting to invade you and suck you dry. The truth hurt!!!

nice generalization!

How many successful marriages do you know between falang and a Nana Plaza whore then? I have known about 20 that married one, none still are and one lasted 6 weeks!

nice generalization!

How many successful marriages do you know between falang and a Nana Plaza whore then? I have known about 20 that married one, none still are and one lasted 6 weeks!

many, lasting 20+ years

A friend of mine relationship lasting 5 years, falang + Pattaya bar ladyboy(back then).

They are great together ... even though I agree with everyone that looking for wife in bars is a very stupid and naive idea.

Bars are for weirdos, tourists ... not for us.

• Like 1

Think I`m going to throw up. Good I hop you throw because you look like all you do all day is look on here with all you post get a life you <deleted>

Nice theory, but it make sence for me, first they sucking their daughter almost dry, the daughter don't having another change to getting ridd of this problem, as to hook a farang.

And the family continue what the did before, now focused on the farang, sucking so much money out of him, with the try of an permanent improvment, with all the dirty tricks we know.

Result more and more famliy members stop working, while in the same time growing the amount of hammocks outside the house. partytime2.gif

I'm sure a lot of families do this, but not only the Bargirls families others too.1zgarz5.gif

Vive la Hammock Brigade and stupid the farangs who support this.giggle.gif

Som nam na

• Like 1