Energy policies out of touch with reality, Abhisit says

Lite Beer

The junta was out of touch with reality when they took government by force and many doubted then that they had the capability to run the country and it is being proven.

Anyway fancy Abhisit a yellow dem talking about helping poor farmers.

The yellow dems have been out of touch with the people since time began and that's why they are never elected.

• Like 2

The LPG is by product which many refinery burning it but surprising here they increase the price 1 Baht more when the world oil market felt below $ 57 per barrel with reason given government have to pay subsidy to import it where Thailand have plentful of gas well resources then oil.

I think he does have some valid points......but they really are just obvious points that most would know by simply reading the local rags.

He's after some press time......a lame duck obeying his masters!

Most likely, unlike PTP, my bet is that many of the Dems. are probably still collecting salaries....thanks to the military and elite..!

The LPG is by product which many refinery burning it but surprising here they increase the price 1 Baht more when the world oil market felt below $ 57 per barrel with reason given government have to pay subsidy to import it where Thailand have plentful of gas well resources then oil.

If I remember correctly from an article I read last week gas prices have not been affected by this down turn in oil, maybe that is why the price hasn't changed and you have tzo remember a lot of the Gas brought to Thailand has to be done so in special tankers. The Thai supplied gas is in decline.and more is being imported. Junta do yourself a favor and let the market determine oil and gas prices especially now as the price is very low.

Something to remember if not all taxis in Bangkok are not on CNG then 99.9percent are and they are not benefiting from lower oil prices.

The main key to this is the people's purchasing power , if that isn't improved each year the country stagnates, the democrats policy towards farmers needs to be looked at in perspective at least they had policy for all farmers the PTP had a scheme for rice farmers only , that turned into a scam, both sides had their good points and faults mainly because the rules encouraged that style of government, tighten up the ship and you will have good government in Thailand, before you do this , rules and penalties need to be addressed , eg a Minister is let out on Bail when Parliament is sitting, for crying out loud you have a criminal as a minister , you poke fun at the system, you abuse the privilege, you give the people the finger, how much disrespect can you get with known criminals and people with court records , what sort of place does that , a corrupt one. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Abhisit supported the military coup over when the democrats were not in control. Now he has changed his mind again since the military took over. Nothing is too low for this chameleon.

But he does make a good point. Military should not run the country.

Edited by Time Traveller

The junta was out of touch with reality when they took government by force and many doubted then that they had the capability to run the country and it is being proven.

The yellow dems have been out of touch with the people since time began and that's why they are never elected.

But you have to think like a politician, and in the case of Abhisit, his available models are western as well as Thai. Given that, he is clearly trying to fill a vacuum between the current government and what is left of the PTP. He is also a Technocrat and more than most, bases his proposals on data. It will be interesting to see how far left (populist) the current situation will allow him to go.

a lame duck obeying his masters!

Most likely, unlike PTP, my bet is that many of the Dems. are probably still collecting salaries....thanks to the military and elite..!

Here we go again with the usual 'hidden masters' conspiracy BS.

Or even a 'third hand'

smile.png

Edited by Phatcharanan

I'd just like to point out that if a TVF member had made these remarks he would be at least called a Thai basher and possibly banned for criticizing the Junta.

Edit: To the gent getting the free petrol, please tell us where you shop.

Edited by BudRight
  • Like 2

Well I don't know about plentiful, current numbers suggest 10 years left maximum and there will be very little gas to be had in Thailand

"In reality the petrochemical industry pays for gas at lower prices than other sectors. The general public should have been given first priority to get to use gas at its cost. The policy will clearly sabotage people's purchasing power. It will be hard for the government to stimulate the economy," Abhisit said.

I fully support warehouse prices at warehouse sales.

Let the public use gas at cost by going directly to the gas storage terminals to fill their trucks and tanks.

I think he does have some valid points......but they really are just obvious points that most would know by simply reading the local rags.

He's after some press time......a lame duck obeying his masters!

"but they really are just obvious points that most would know by simply reading the local rags"

And ironically this was written in a local rag. So I assume that you would comment on all these "other" articles that show these same points by saying "they are just obvious points that most would know by simply reading the local rag!"

"He's after some press time"

Really? Maybe that's just your opinion.

"a lame duck obeying his masters!"

Really? A big conspiracy or just your opinion?

"Most likely, unlike PTP"

Really? So you know for a fact the PTP are not getting paid by their master or is that just your opinion?

"my bet is that many of the Dems. are probably still collecting salaries....thanks to the military and elite..!"

WOW. Another sweeping unsubstantiated statement. Your on a role!

With that aside it is good to see the Right Honorable Ahbisit offering constructive criticism on behalf of the majority. No hidden agenda, no incongruous or self absorbed narrative. Just some constructive criticism.

So much for this big bad junta as well. It is refreshing that they are not above criticism and allow it to be aired openly like laundry drying in the democratic breeze of reform.

• Like 2

No, your on a role, djjamie. By the way, don't forget to learn the meaning of the word 'majority' before you post again. You seem to be confused. Cheers

When he says majority I don't think he means those who voted for him and the Dems but the majority of Thai people. The majority of people in Thailand are affected by fuel prices in one way or another which is who Abhisit is talking about.

Yes as the Yingluck government was so great.....flood prevention, rice scam, shootings on the street......I don't see this government as very good, but in compare with Samak, Somchai, Abhisit, Yingluck it is by far the best government

• Like 1

You know what else Thailand is unique in, Abhisit (you waste of a good education)? I'll give you 112 guesses.

I'll give you 310 guesses. 310:0, the utterly corrupt and disgraceful amnesty vote. And the reason we are in this mess.

Nobody can accuse a red-shirt of wasting a good education. These posts here prove it.

Energy, energy... Not a word about solar energy reforms (still considered as a business, so you can't sell your overload to the grid!) or other alternative energies. Now that gas prices came down, forget about all others and keep on polluting...

post-59813-0-06750900-1420286702_thumb.j

No, your on a role, djjamie. By the way, don't forget to learn the meaning of the word 'majority' before you post again. You seem to be confused. Cheers

When he says majority I don't think he means those who voted for him and the Dems but the majority of Thai people. The majority of people in Thailand are affected by fuel prices in one way or another which is who Abhisit is talking about.

Not that johndub cares about the majority, as long as he gets to hear himself talk.

Yes as the Yingluck government was so great.....flood prevention, rice scam, shootings on the street......I don't see this government as very good, but in compare with Samak, Somchai, Abhisit, Yingluck it is by far the best government

Exactly - it's funny how, when invited to compare the current to prior govts, these inevitable waffling and *crickets* coming from the same host of characters...

You know what else Thailand is unique in, Abhisit (you waste of a good education)? I'll give you 112 guesses.

I'll give you 310 guesses. 310:0, the utterly corrupt and disgraceful amnesty vote. And the reason we are in this mess.

Nobody can accuse a red-shirt of wasting a good education. These posts here prove it.

ROTFLOL. Perfect retort.