Companies 4 Staff for Farlang WP - Wage Tax Issue

Si it seems common enough that somtimes in order for a forign allien to get a Work Permit, 4 Thais need to be employed.

Appartently no actual money is paid, and these staff are just employess of the mob "accountants" who set up the company on behalf of the owners, or just freiends, in-laws etc.

I believe that a social security payment of about 1500b a month each is paid, and it is common for the 4 staff to be on min wage and below the 150,000b a year tax threashold.

Link to Tax rates, scroll down : http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

My question is, wouldn't them listed as a emplyee, count towards their total income, and if they have anohter job, may bump them up into another theashold.

Why would a Thai agree to this situation ?

Incorrect information. For WP to be approved or extended , they want pics of foreigner and staff in the work place .

They also come out to check randomly.

Oh, that issue is solved, job description: surf facebook doing reaserch and take selfies at home !!!

Incorrect information. For WP to be approved or extended , they want pics of foreigner and staff in the work place .

Really? I've also heard that, but I know someone who runs a successful business with his wife and no more employees. Initially, I believe he had a driver plus his wife as the 2 employees and then the driver resigned after the first month. All set up by lawyers - Thai/European so apparently legal. Doesn't seem to have affected his WP renewal.

Nothing ever seems to be the same.

Really? I've also heard that, but I know someone who runs a successful business with his wife and no more employees. Initially, I believe he had a driver plus his wife as the 2 employees and then the driver resigned after the first month. All set up by lawyers - Thai/European so apparently legal. Doesn't seem to have affected his WP renewal.

Nothing ever seems to be the same.

You do not know what is on the books, you do not know what is submitted and you do not know how much was paid NOT to have a visitthumbsup.gif

Just as you do not know, while driver may have resigned, they continued to pay social security making him a current employee

Also i believe with Thai wife, need only 2 employees, not 4. not too sure on conditions, but for sure not the same. wife director, husband an employee or something like that

• 3 weeks later...

"I believe that a social security payment of about 1500b a month each is paid, and it is common for the 4 staff to be on min wage and below the 150,000b a year tax threashold."

For a minimum wage job the Social Security fee would be about 900 baht (or a little lower) each month. That would include both the employees share and the employers share. 5% from each up to a max of 1500 total per month.