Finding/Inviting a Mandarin Speaking Nanny/Helper

steveoneal

Hello, I thought the community here might have some ideas.

We are looking for a nanny/helper - who can speak mandarin with our young children.

It would be a live in situation for four to six months at a time.

Our understanding is that few Thai's of Chinese descent will speak mandarin, or generally anything but thai.

Any thoughts as to how we might find someone?

Are there mandarin speakers in China who would want to spend an extended time in Chiang Mai and could be invited over for such work?

Thais that speak Mandarin are more likely to be in the tourism industry.

I would think there would be problems for mainland/ Taiwan Chinese working in Thailand unless they are relaxing the rules with the current suck up to China for everything.

There are some Thai CR Chinese who are descendent of Taiwanese Army living in Doi MaeSalong. I know of one looking for job. She speaks Thai and Mandarin. PM me for contacts who may be able to help you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SurichTan

There are some Thai CR Chinese who are descendent of Taiwanese Army living in Doi MaeSalong. I know of one looking for job. She speaks Thai and Mandarin. PM me for contacts who may be able to help you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Note the job is for 4 to 6 months at a time if I read the OP correctly.

Hi,

There are 3 options:

1. Get mainland Chinese

a. Work permit

b. Does not speak Thai unless you get the one from Yunnan JingHongSipSong Panna. (XiSuangBanna 西双版纳). I can ask my friends who are studying in Rajabhat University in CR if they have friends who are interested. There are a sizable Mainland Chinese studying in Rajabhat CR, some doing Post Graduate level study. They may have friends in Yunnan who may be interested. These may be student not making grades to University level study and preparing their University entrance again the following year. But you need to wait after Lunar New Year which is End February.

2. Get Thai Chinese living in CR Doi Mae Salong

a. Problem is that their Chinese is closer to Taiwan Chinese and their pronunciation is Yunnanese.

b. Their education level is normally around 9-12 years

3. Get local Thai Chinese

a. They don't speak Mandarin at home and you can imagine the level spoken Chinese. Guess these are not an option.

Good luck