About 80 per cent of community leaders believe in Prayut's hard working

Lite Beer

I don't think champions or critics of Prayuth will find any substance from this very short article largely because it doesn't say much and begs so many questions.

A pity because it would be interesting to see a well researched article investigating the government's popularity, whether it was rising or falling - and why.

My impression is that many Thais are giving the government the benefit of the doubt, not only or even mainly because of the "reform" programme but because of the absence of civil unrest.

My impression is that Prayuth is appreciated as a military man trying to do his best but a view is developing he is not temperamentally suited for high political office (a fact which some might argue does him credit).

My impression is that a possibly fatal tension is arising between decent patriotic impulses of some miliary leaders and the selfish demands of the paymasters and other vested interests (deliberately vague terms).

All inchoate but at least one certain fact can be deduced from this article - it is impossible to understimate the witless slovenly lazy journalism that The Nation is capable of producing.

Agreed. Do you think the Thais are giving the government the benefit of doubt because they have no choice but to do so? It's not like they can vote anybody else in is it? It's not like they can protest either, thanks to Martial law. They're stuck with the PM and military whether they like it or not and for good or bad.

• Like 1

I don't think champions or critics of Prayuth will find any substance from this very short article largely because it doesn't say much and begs so many questions.

A pity because it would be interesting to see a well researched article investigating the government's popularity, whether it was rising or falling - and why.

My impression is that many Thais are giving the government the benefit of the doubt, not only or even mainly because of the "reform" programme but because of the absence of civil unrest.

My impression is that Prayuth is appreciated as a military man trying to do his best but a view is developing he is not temperamentally suited for high political office (a fact which some might argue does him credit).

My impression is that a possibly fatal tension is arising between decent patriotic impulses of some miliary leaders and the selfish demands of the paymasters and other vested interests (deliberately vague terms).

All inchoate but at least one certain fact can be deduced from this article - it is impossible to understimate the witless slovenly lazy journalism that The Nation is capable of producing.

Agreed. Do you think the Thais are giving the government the benefit of doubt because they have no choice but to do so? It's not like they can vote anybody else in is it? It's not like they can protest either, thanks to Martial law. They're stuck with the PM and military whether they like it or not and for good or bad.

Of course this is the point. The people know that now the army is firmly set, they will arrest anyone in a second or if necessary roll out troops to quell any significant protest.

The junta has returned happiness to the people with the fear of a gun. Yippee. It feels so good to be free. Just as all of those in a totalitarian state, they just love it all the polls (propaganda)say so.

• Like 1

I cannot, however, rid myself of the impression that all these surveys are only for the reason to making face while there would be real problems to solve. Somehow I'm afraid, at the longer end, it could be worse then before. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by alocacoc

The Nation , up to the same old crap, a few times a week with headlines like this, supporting the military junta and not the millions on Thai voters.

They have been doing this for 10 years, slandering Thaksin on almost every front page for all this time.

Of course, there is no free press but still, they don't have to slather it on like this. Shows who they are working for.

It's easy too, to spot the Thai Visa posters that have read The Nation for their 'News" & the Thai Visa posters that have read the banned books.

Remember the Wikileaks? The biggest most explosive story in the decade and The Nation completely ignored it.

You do realizes it would be breaking the Lese Majeste law by reporting on it don't you? Name me one Thai paper that did report it?

It was not ignored it was simply not reported on because of this law.

Andrew Macgregor Marshall who worked for Reuters at the time wanted to publish the story. He "resigned" 3 weeks after they declined to publish it.

Reuters stated "Several foreigners and scores of Thais have received prison sentences as long as 15 years under the country's lese-majesty laws, and Reuters has 1600 staff in Thailand."

As for this poll. Well done. People must like seeing corrupt police chiefs be held accountable.

Whinge! Do you really believe the pusillanimous self-important things you say? What a <deleted>...

The Nation , up to the same old crap, a few times a week with headlines like this, supporting the military junta and not the millions on Thai voters.

They have been doing this for 10 years, slandering Thaksin on almost every front page for all this time.

Of course, there is no free press but still, they don't have to slather it on like this. Shows who they are working for.

It's easy too, to spot the Thai Visa posters that have read The Nation for their 'News" & the Thai Visa posters that have read the banned books.

Remember the Wikileaks? The biggest most explosive story in the decade and The Nation completely ignored it.

You do realizes it would be breaking the Lese Majeste law by reporting on it don't you? Name me one Thai paper that did report it?

Andrew Macgregor Marshall who worked for Reuters at the time wanted to publish the story. He "resigned" 3 weeks after they declined to publish it.

Reuters stated "Several foreigners and scores of Thais have received prison sentences as long as 15 years under the country's lese-majesty laws, and Reuters has 1600 staff in Thailand."

As for this poll. Well done. People must like seeing corrupt police chiefs be held accountable.

How can you even stand yourself? Everlasting you say is a wangking whinge. Absolutely incredible

It's nearly 60 years ago, but I still remember, in primary school there was that kid, Gilman was his name, he was working hard, so hard, but he always ended up as the last of the class. I must guess not much has changed since, nor in that European country I come from, nor in Thailand...

has been trying very hard to tackle the national problems.

Such as what? A lack of elections and a constitution? Talk about creating your own job

He stopped red shirt terrorist daily attacks without firing a single bullet. At 4 deaths a month and with him being in power now for 8 months he has potentially saved the lives of 32 innocent people.

He removed over 170 000 illegal workers from Thailand. Those registered and returning now have access to medical facilities and are legally recognized in Thailand. This has helped put an end to human trafficking across the borders (especially near Soi Dao, Chanthaburi were I have had lot of first hand knowledge of)

He has confiscating more illegal weapons in 2 months that equated to 10% of all weapons finds in 14 years.

He paid the majority of the rice farmers.

He stood up for the tax payer and the majority by properly investigating the rice scheme and actually finding irregularities in it instead of excuses.

He brought Thailand back to the #1 rice exporter.

He cleared the beaches of "tourist hasslers"

He stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated twice due to its importance because your or my children could have been the next victims.

He rationalizing state enterprise board member bonuses and perks.

He reintroduced the pension fund to benefit a broad spectrum of the population. Not just rice farmers.

He stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated three times. As you can see my children's safety is paramount and singly the most important, precious asset in my life.

He offering a road map to return democracy to a country that had not seen it for 3 years (yes, yes yingluck was elected)

He is offering reform to a country whose previous regime saw reform as giving amnesty to the PM's brother and 25 000 other corruption cases. Prayut is arresting corrupt police. Not giving them amnesty.

Thats only a few I can think of.

Of course Thai's could have elections tomorrow, but those that want to rush it must love violence and military rule. When one looks at the outcome of the failed February elections that were rushed against the EC's recommendations one can see that it will be history repeating.

If some hate coups then they will be patient and allow reform before elections.

DJJamie should think of a different career, what with his Melbourne based education and all. Instead of DJ, maybe write a song, movie or even the 12 instructions for happiness?

The smell of rotting squid is about the most horrible I know. Time for you to go out fishing again, I guesss...

• Like 1

He's certainly not holding press conferences and numerous agenda meetings for which he would have to prepare (that is work). So how does the Thai press and this survey define "hard work?" Hard work by Thai standards is a completely lower level of work ethic and diligence than most global understandings of the meaning of work and productivity, efficiency..etc. The Thai press would need to clarify their framework of hard work in order for this news bite to have any real meaning.

I was just told some student in first year got an 'F' for communication, is this the same one?

I am sure all the community leaders are well educated in government affairs national and international.

One might ask the (retoric) question why these folks are in the leadership position.

And you poo folks follow the leaders.....no wonder.....

Yes, I'm happy to be polled. I think Secretary-General Stalin's Great Terror is totally spiffy.

Yes, I'm happy to be polled. I think Chairman Mao's Great Hunger and Four-Pests Campaign are spot-on.

Yes, I'm happy to polled. I think Dear Leader's hard work ....

Certainly a LOT more hard working than the pathetic clowns and excuses that pass as politicians in this country.

Would you have seen the arrest of so many high rankings cops in the days of PT or Dems?

Are you the only person in the LOS who isn't aware that the arrest of those cops had nothing to do with what they were charged with?

• Like 1

*sigh* we all like corrupt police be held accountable but that is NOT why it happened. Now don't go into denial Jamie because even your deeply yellow tinted glasses can see that

• Like 1

Certainly a LOT more hard working than the pathetic clowns and excuses that pass as politicians in this country.

Would you have seen the arrest of so many high rankings cops in the days of PT or Dems?

Don't be silly. They Junta is declawing their political & elite enemies by selective targeting.

The big CID Chief for example. There are others, just like him, calling the shots.

Hang on 'Bone', according to your status, you have been a member for 2 days with 40+ comments, sure have a lot to say old bone (smily face drinking coffee)

Phipodon, perhaps ?