Help! Where to buy bigger, better PCX tyres

Robstar

I've got 16k on the Mitchy on the rear and it seems to have worn more on one side than the other!

A spare rear went on the front but I got sick of the small stones banging and clanging.....so the front fender came off. I'll make some brackets to lift it for better clearance.

You might squeeze a 100 tire on the front - fender mounting may just clear.

120 rear will hit the plastic rain deflector in front of the tire, and the brake cable will need to be repositioned.

Why do you feel you must go wider ?

I would like to hear an answer to that too Seedy.

• 7 months later...

I'm planning on changing my PCX tyres to Pirelli. Has anybody done this and is it recommended?

(Sorry for the thread hijack OP)

Put them on my PCX over a year ago and the best move I could make, you will feel the difference on the first curve. I had ridden from CM to Surin and they were recommended by a young Thai kid who could not get over the fact I had ridden all that way. I got them from my Honda dealer who at first said they could not be had and I explained yes they were as I had seen a pair on a PCX. Got a call in a few days and they had the tires.

Great. Since 2001 here I changed a few tyres on my CB400, '96 GSX and finally the '02 GSX. After trying the Pirelli (Diablo) I never changed brand again. I rode most of them until the canvas poked through - no big deal; these tyres are safe even past the extremes. I'm hoping they'll smooth out the 'scooter' in my PCX a bit.

I'd be interested to look at picking up some shorter wheels and adding taller tyres in the future - any experience with that? I'm starting to think an extra inch of air might make it a bit tidier over the bumps n ripples here...

• 1 month later...