Most Expensive Beer in Phuket

Bogan Koori

Beer, Guiness, how about the price of Magners Cider 568ml 560B?

Irish Times do have import beers on draft and you pay a premium but also normally have Chang on draft at 99B a pint but Cider prices around Phuket where you can get it is well on the higher side of things, a small std bottle is around 220B, beer in LOS is no longer cheap unless you drink crap or live out in the sticks

Beer, Guiness, how about the price of Magners Cider 568ml 560B?

Irish Times do have import beers on draft and you pay a premium but also normally have Chang on draft at 99B a pint but Cider prices around Phuket where you can get it is well on the higher side of things, a small std bottle is around 220B, beer in LOS is no longer cheap unless you drink crap or live out in the sticks

Irish Times OCCASIONALLY have imported draft beers available

What about Blue Eyes beer? Remember it was being marketed in Phuket a few years ago, is it still there?

Beer brands in Thailand come and go, I have sold Amarit and Amstel, which are not there anymore for sure, and Kloster (meaning monastery in German, very appropriate to drink in a lady bar), which I doubt is still around. I used to drink a lot of Singgold.

Edited by keestha

Something i seen on a recent visit to Kanchanaburi.

Posted it in the pub but seems relevant to this so...

It could be methanol.

It's used as a cheap way to get backpackers drunk. In many cases, they are unaware they are drinking it.

A few have died from it in Bali, and probably in Thailand as well, but it would have been covered up here.

A random article, for anyone interested.

http://sea-globe.com/one-last-drink-methanol-liam-davies-indonesia/

Lighten up man, at the bottom of the ad it simply says FALSE ADVERTISING, a bit like the ads Top less barmaids and free beer tommorow.

On the shelf at maxvalu the nine Rama IX BKK

It's cheating to count imported beers. For Thai beers, Phuket Beer is the most expensive if you can even find it.

Do they still make it? It must be hard to find because I haven't seen it in years.

It had a colourful label if I remember correctly.

Something i seen on a recent visit to Kanchanaburi.

Posted it in the pub but seems relevant to this so...

It could be methanol.

It's used as a cheap way to get backpackers drunk. In many cases, they are unaware they are drinking it.

A few have died from it in Bali, and probably in Thailand as well, but it would have been covered up here.

A random article, for anyone interested.

http://sea-globe.com/one-last-drink-methanol-liam-davies-indonesia/

Lighten up man, at the bottom of the ad it simply says FALSE ADVERTISING, a bit like the ads Top less barmaids and free beer tommorow.

I have no doubt they serve back packers lao khao, particularly in buckets, all over Thailand. It can be just as dangerous.

It's falsely advertised as "vodka red bull bucket" etc etc.

A quick google revealed this website and story.

10 of the world's most expensives beers.

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/03/10-of-the-worlds-most-expensive-beers/

There's some interesting brews in there. The article is near a year old, and the most expensive beer the was Vieille Bon Secours ale, Belgium – £700 ($1,165), 12-litres.

There's some interesting brews in there. The article is near a year old, and the most expensive beer the was Vieille Bon Secours ale, Belgium – £700 ($1,165), 12-litres.

I'm off to buy some Tactical Nuclear Penguin

I'm off to buy some Tactical Nuclear Penguin

At 32% - I wouldn't be buying many. :)

Definately not the beer you want in a hot climate.

• 4 weeks later...

It's cheating to count imported beers. For Thai beers, Phuket Beer is the most expensive if you can even find it.

Do they still make it? It must be hard to find because I haven't seen it in years.

It had a colourful label if I remember correctly.

I had Phuket beer in small green bottles for 80 baht in a restaurant at Chaeng Wattana Central in Nonthaburi today. I was impressed. I think it is the best Thai produced lager. It tastes right, the percentage of alcohol is right. It's a good beer. I wish they sold it in supermarkets.

• 2 years later...

I have friend who i Play poker against and well after they had a crack at me should call them associates they are going to phucket and think be in a resort sucking on 50-baht beers, I told them they are dreaming.

Am i right

I told them depending where they are drinking and type of beer and if a bar, gogo so on can pay anyting from 80 baht to 150 baht.

They challenge me on saying that...

One guy the organizer of there trip told me he changing his Aus$ into american$ as make more $$, thats crap too.

2 minutes ago, Rinso said:

I have friend who i Play poker against and well after they had a crack at me should call them associates they are going to phucket and think be in a resort sucking on 50-baht beers, I told them they are dreaming.

Am i right

I told them depending where they are drinking and type of beer and if a bar, gogo so on can pay anyting from 80 baht to 150 baht.

They challenge me on saying that...

One guy the organizer of there trip told me he changing his Aus$ into american$ as make more $$, thats crap too.

In Rawai and Chalong, loads of bars that sell draft beer at 50 Bt.