limousine service from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Bangkok?

coralia

I'll be arriving in Bangkok with an elderly person + a wheelchair, and we'd rather not take an ordinary taxi... especially since I haven't been to Thailand in more than 4 yearssad.png . Are there other options? I seem to remember that there was a Limousine counter somewhere in the arrival hall, but I never thought I would need it... I suppose that it's safer than an ordinary taxi? How much would they charge us for a trip to Bangkok (Silom)?

Please advise! Thank you.

AOT is located between baggage claim and customs. A car to Silom (Camry or equivalent) is 1200 baht. I think a van is about 1500 baht. I dont know if they have wheelchair accessible vans (with lifts, etc.). Can you companion step from the wheelchair to a car/van?

I have had good luck with AOT - no hassle, pay with a credit card if you need to, drivers always courteous and drive safe, etc. I use them quite a bit if I am arriving late or going to the airport early morning.

They are probably 4 times or so the cost of a regular taxi, but may be worth it depending upon your circumstances. Another problem wiht the taxi is that they usually have the big LPG tank in teh boot, so am not sure a wheelchair would fit.

• Like 1

Fully agree with previous post (and the prices -- which are clearly listed). I always use the AOT service at the mentioned desk location. The cars themselves are just a short walk away on the same level after you exit customs.

Thanks, taiwangirl!

Yes, my companion can walk, we just take the wheelchair along because she gets tired quickly... It's a lightweight wheelchair (10 kilos). I don't think we need a van. The prices you quoted (1200-1500 Baht) sound good to me. I don't know why I thought it was much more expensive than that... Are those prices fixed, or do I have to "bargain" with them?......

Thanks again.

Prices are fixed. The counter girl may try to upsell you to a Mercedes (or similar), but I always just asked for the cheapest available and they quote the Camry at 1200 Baht.

Prices are fixed. No bargaining necessary. I usually give to the driver a tip when I arrive but that is it.