What can you get for 99 baht?

mrtoad

In the UK they have pound shops, where everything is a pound. Does Thailand have an equivalent?

Yes. 20 baht shops. They sell lots of cheap household items. Plates, containers, cleaning items, etc.

Just look for a big 20 on the sign in front of the shop, if it has tons of cheap plastic stuff inside you've probably found one.

Do they sell food?

In the UK they have pound shops, where everything is a pound. Does Thailand have an equivalent?

Yes. 20 baht shops. They sell lots of cheap household items. Plates, containers, cleaning items, etc.

Just look for a big 20 on the sign in front of the shop, if it has tons of cheap plastic stuff inside you've probably found one.

Do they sell food?

Not that I've ever seen. Maybe some do. They sell stuff to store the food in, eat it with, and cook it with.

mrtoad, on 06 Jan 2015 - 09:56, said:

ATF, on 06 Jan 2015 - 09:55, said:

A hand job on Beach Road.

I thought that area had been cleaned up ?

Yes it gets cleaned up every week.

Obviously needs better policing

• Like 1

fishingforsquid, on 06 Jan 2015 - 10:08, said:
ATF, on 06 Jan 2015 - 10:06, said:

I did hear rumors of a 69 baht breakfast but I don't know if they are true or not.

Yeah, on a Monday

Could you be so kind as to provide the location of this salubrious establishment.

We have 69 baht stores in the malls in Chiang Mai, I think called Daiso or something similar. They seem to be a Japanese chain with many products made in China for the Japanese market. Worth combing thru the shop every six months or so for clever items for the home like food storage containers, items for pets, stuff for kids, holiday decorations, gardening items, etc.

Unlike the 20 baht plasticware Thai stores, these places are in malls, have wide aisles, aircon and, in general are much better shopping experiences. But, the 20 baht plasticware places can't be beat if you need to kit out a new place and don't have any kitchen items at all.

• Like 1

What can I get with 99 bBaht?

Everything.

From food, clothes.....you name it...........

If more than 99 Baht .......it's too much money from me.

Anyway 99 Baht is 2 Pounds........bloody expensive and I consider the Pound shops to be a rip off.

But what would you know, being a bloody foreigner?

As about ATF......tell him to get away from his hi-so areas that he resides and come to live in Issan.

Full English breakfast for 70 Baht.............many places.

• Like 1

You can get a haircut for 99b and still get change. Or you could weigh yourself at the 7/11 99 times. Or buy 3 packs of cigarettes if you like the cheap brands.

As opposed to taking my daughter and 2 young grandkids to the movies and a snack lunch in New Zealand today. I got eff all change out of $120 (3,000 Baht).

But I nearly got away with trying to buy a packet of smokes with a 20 baht note as they're the same colour as a Kiwi $20. Problem was I was asked for an extra 50 cents and while I was fishing in my pocket for it the girl realised I'd given her funny money (genuinely by mistake).

But there you go - $20.50 for a packet of smokes!! Highway robbery.

• Like 2

NancyL, on 06 Jan 2015 - 10:26, said:

AFT -- I don't normally go out for breakfast. Why don't you start a thread on the Chiang Mai forum and ask? I know there are some places that have breakfast specials, but I just don't keep up with that information.

Thanks Nancy but the 99 Baht breakfast scam needs to be in the General Forum.

Everything.

Anyway 99 Baht is 2 Pounds........bloody expensive and I consider the Pound shops to be a rip off.

As about ATF......tell him to get away from his hi-so areas that he resides and come to live in Issan.

Costas my good man - has the Full English Breakfast for 70B got black pudding, fried bread and baked beans as well as the (proper pork) sausages, eggs, tomato, and bacon?

I might consider visiting you if it does.

Costas2008, on 06 Jan 2015 - 10:29, said:

Everything.

Close but no cigar Costas, still looking for the 69 Baht breakfast.

• Like 1

Everything.

Costas my good man - has the Full English Breakfast for 70B got black pudding, fried bread and baked beans as well as the (proper pork) sausages, eggs, tomato, and bacon?

I might consider visiting you if it does.

I hate black pudding..........but you are welcome to visit me any time.

Costas2008, on 06 Jan 2015 - 10:29, said:

Everything.

Close but no cigar Costas, still looking for the 69 Baht breakfast.

I'll give you a Baht back.........just to keep you happy.

The mere thought of a 69B breakfast has given me a fit of the fistulous quivers....

I think it's the same as the 99B one but you have to sit on the floor and pay to use the bog as soon as the salmonella kicks in....plus I bet there'll still be barneys over the odd 1B change........

• Like 2