Teaching and work in Thai

Hi there,

I am Ivan from Malaysia. I only do have diploma in Physiotherapist and a certificate in Physcology. I do hope that I would work and live at Thailand. Finding myself a job is currently a challenge, I wish your advise what should I do to get a job in Thailand. I'm newpassifier.gif to this as immigrate here soon ( in March) So, I need you good advise on and maybe next time we met, first round on megoof.gif.pagespeed.ce.KJ2oZpgSLmsZk1sTV4

I plan to stay to stay at Nakhon Pathom for long period.I mean permanent.I very hardworking and able to work from morning to evening (8pm) and can even work on public holiday ( Thai) if needed.

Kindly advise me on this

I too have a degree but in Psychocology. Being a native English speaker, which it appears you are, you can take your diploma to any school and require or ask politely they give you a job teaching English. Physcology, I think, will qualify you to teach English in a massage school, where you can excel in teaching 'hands on' English, ... or Aussie, or whoever presents himself. But here's the rub: you can't take a job that a Thai can do.

• Like 1

I too have a degree but in Psychocology. Being a native English speaker, which it appears you are, you can take your diploma to any school and require or ask politely they give you a job teaching English. Physcology, I think, will qualify you to teach English in a massage school, where you can excel in teaching 'hands on' English, ... or Aussie, or whoever presents himself. But here's the rub: you can't take a job that a Thai can do.

"Being a native English speaker, which it appears you are, you can take your diploma to any school and require or ask politely they give you a job teaching English. "

The mind boggles.

Maybe it can help you out..? boggling indeed.....

Thank you for your advise and guideline. In massage school??

• Like 1

Thank you for your advise and guideline. In massage school??

the guy was joking around...

Sorry to say it will be very difficult for you to find a job. Do you have any work experience?

Teaching English will not be an option, mainly because you are not a American/European which most Thai schools prefer. The only time English schools might hire those who have dark color hair are times if they do not need to provide a work visa.

Based on your credentials, your best bet seems to be trying to get a job at an International School, look at their website for openings or education employment fairs. If you have no work experience, you may be out of luck, perhaps you have a chance to be an associate teacher (not full time, more like teacher helper). I have friends who landed jobs as substitute teachers and they get payed very well for doing almost nothing 3 days a week (again this is if they don't need to provide you with work visa).

The last option I can think of is finding employment with Malaysian based companies, they are more likely to hire their own people.

I plan to stay to stay at Nakhon Pathom for long period.I mean permanent.I very hardworking and able to work from morning to evening (8pm) and can even work on public holiday ( Thai) if needed.

Seems you fell in love with somebody from Nakhon Pathom and I'd like to give you a good advice.

Please don't sell all, leave your brain at home and move to Thailand, relying on a teaching position.

You even pressed "like" where this helpful " wilgoster" made some unnecessary jokes about you and your English.

It must be a great feeling to show other posters that you're better in English than a guy who's asking here for advice. Let's hope that you never need somebody, when you're in trouble and seeking advice.

Ordinary government schools close in March and reopen a new academic year in middle of May.

You might try to check some schools in Nakhon Pathom, but your chances to find employment as an English teacher are very slim.

Can't you just try to find a job, before you give all up? Thailand isn't as cheap as it was 10 years ago.

Don't you know a website where people from your country discuss working abroad?

Good luck from lower north east.facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

I am just curious what can I do when I at Thailand. I fully aware of everything. That why, I just ask you advise on job. I am anti social type. So, friend or not it seem not bother me. I dont drink,smoke , girls like most of you here. I just want find an opportunity in someone land. If I stick around in my country any longer, I gonna crazy

RedDemon 88 post # 8

I am just curious what can I do when I at Thailand. I fully aware of everything. That why, I just ask you advise on job. I am anti social type. So, friend or not it seem not bother me. I dont drink,smoke , girls like most of you here. I just want find an opportunity in someone land. If I stick around in my country any longer, I gonna crazy

Viewing that post of yours# 8 it seems to indicate that you are a little unstable and the resultant move to another culture irrespective of what country and culture that may be may well be a move with damaging consequences for you. Often the environment you see as difficult to live in is indeed a far safer and hospitable place than somewhere you dream of running too.The demons still follow you as do the nightmares..

The reality here in Thailand you will find is very different and fr less forging than that of your home country.

• Like 1

You're basically accusing all of us to be chain smoking alcoholics, who're chasing bar girls 24/7, without knowing anybody personally on this forum?

BTW, having friends means a lot for all of us, as we're not made to live alone in this world. I guess it's better if you're going crazy in your own country and do not try to bring your cheeky problems to this country.

" Anti Social Type" is a very strange description for a human. You can't leave all your problems at home and start over in Thailand. They will follow you wherever you're deciding to go to.

But please do me a favor and do not criticize others because of an eventually mental problem you might, or might not have.

Siampolee already pointed that out and if I were you, I'd try to get my life in order before "moving to another country to live there permanently". facepalm.gif

I wonder if the OP is in fact a Supernatural Being from Norse Mythology?

I wonder if the OP has already socialized with some bar stool guys at Nana Plaza?

Or he might already be employed as a teacher, which explains that lack of time to respond.