Don't Oppose the Junta, Thaksin Instructs Redshirts

Lite Beer

If I was the red shirt leaders, I would be embarrassed that I still need daddy to lead my hands still. This actually speaks loud that there is no better person for the red shirt as a leader. How can this be possible? They need to be able to stand on their own.

Is it because Thaksin has built the red shirt up? And finance them? All for his benefit?

If you can't oppose them.....join them.

The big criminal, megalomaniac, hypocrite is speaking to his low mentality supporters.

He's not "joining them." He is making the smart move by not validating the image created by the opposition of PTP as violent hooligans. He is also more than happy to give them all the rope they need to hang themselves.

The opposition did not create the image of red shirts as violent hooligans, that was all their own work.

BTW it would be wise to avoid using the term 'smart' when replying to a post using 'his low mentality supporters'. As smart is a term of relative perception, it tends to prove his point.

Really? Are you sure media spin has nothing to do with creating the image? I have observed the yellow camp engaging in far more violent and disruptive behavior (e.g. seizure of airports, seizure of government buildings, beating and intimidation people trying to vote, etc.). The only serious red violence was in response to being shot at during the 2010 protests against the coup-installed government. Per Thaksin's present admonishment, they clearly learned that it is not advisable to respond in kind.

The big criminal, megalomaniac, hypocrite is speaking to his low mentality supporters.

He's not "joining them." He is making the smart move by not validating the image created by the opposition of PTP as violent hooligans. He is also more than happy to give them all the rope they need to hang themselves.

The opposition did not create the image of red shirts as violent hooligans, that was all their own work.

BTW it would be wise to avoid using the term 'smart' when replying to a post using 'his low mentality supporters'. As smart is a term of relative perception, it tends to prove his point.

Really? Are you sure media spin has nothing to do with creating the image? I have observed the yellow camp engaging in far more violent and disruptive behavior (e.g. seizure of airports, seizure of government buildings, beating and intimidation people trying to vote, etc.). The only serious red violence was in response to being shot at during the 2010 protests against the coup-installed government. Per Thaksin's present admonishment, they clearly learned that it is not advisable to respond in kind.

2014, 3 dead children, was NOT serious red violence? http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/24/three-children-killed-thai-violence

'coup-installed government' timeline - coup(2006), PM Samak (2008), PM Wongsawat (2008), PM Chaovarat (2008), PM Vejjajiva (2008 onward), thaksin's money seized (2010), protest against 'coup-installed government' (2010)

What sandpit have you had your head in ? There were plenty paid to come protest last year are you kidding ?

Money flow the other way around my ass lol

Are you asking me to prove a negative? How about supplying some links to payments made?

Donations made BY the protesters were widely reported, as were claims Suthep was stealing them. Until you can prove payments TO the protesters exceeded donations, the direction of flow is obvious, whether you laugh like an ass or not.

I don't think englishoak cares much about facts, especially if they disprove his narrative.

Example: "Please, I dont care about either divide so im not going to waste my time trying to prove to you protesters were paid to attend but it was reported widely enough by many including people here"

He's redefining 'unsubstantiated' through the "it's widely known" argumentative fallacy.

Edited by DaffyDuck
  • Like 1

Really? Are you sure media spin has nothing to do with creating the image? I have observed the yellow camp engaging in far more violent and disruptive behavior (e.g. seizure of airports, seizure of government buildings, beating and intimidation people trying to vote, etc.). The only serious red violence was in response to being shot at during the 2010 protests against the coup-installed government.

- Central World burned down

- Red Shirt mob attacks PM Abhisit's car - forgot about that already?

- violent disruption of ASEAN summit with destruction of property - forgot about that as well?

- public calls and encouragement to burn Bangkok down by Red Shirt leaders?

Seems there's a lot of convenient, selective forgetting....

• Like 2

it's a complete and total urban legend that red shirts only came to bangkok for the money.

I doubt anybody claimed it was ONLY for the money, allowing for cause such as tourism, partying and escaping Isaan ennui. But it is inescapable fact that many were paid to support a billionaire's cause, though some still claim (why?) it wasn't he who paid.

And given that, it was important that the anti-Yingluk protesters be accused similarly, even though there was ample evidence that the money flow was the other way round. Because there is a country mile of difference between those PAID to protest and those willing to part with their own hard-earned in a rightful cause.

What sandpit have you had your head in ? There were plenty paid to come protest last year are you kidding ?

Money flow the other way around my ass lol

Are you asking me to prove a negative? How about supplying some links to payments made?

Donations made BY the protesters were widely reported, as were claims Suthep was stealing them. Until you can prove payments TO the protesters exceeded donations, the direction of flow is obvious, whether you laugh like an ass or not.

Please, I dont care about either divide so im not going to waste my time trying to prove to you protesters were paid to attend but it was reported widely enough by many including people here and people I know personally and ive no reason to call them liars since some are a yellow bias as a banana.

You really think one side are saints while another are the devil im not interested in removing your rose coloured spectacles, i realised long ago there are those that do not have the capability to stand back and see the circus here for what it really is. They would rather, like people with religious beliefs some blindly follow what they are preached no matter what.

Enjoy the circus show I say, its the clown act at the moment and its been quite a show the past few months may the next few prove as entertaining

PS they are still accepting donations if you want to give, i understand the temple Suthep is hiding staying in has quite the celebrity status for the devoted for some reason, now theres a Buddha in the making if I ever saw one whistling.gif

• Like 1

Really? Are you sure media spin has nothing to do with creating the image? I have observed the yellow camp engaging in far more violent and disruptive behavior (e.g. seizure of airports, seizure of government buildings, beating and intimidation people trying to vote, etc.). The only serious red violence was in response to being shot at during the 2010 protests against the coup-installed government.

- Central World burned down

- Red Shirt mob attacks PM Abhisit's car - forgot about that already?

- violent disruption of ASEAN summit with destruction of property - forgot about that as well?

- public calls and encouragement to burn Bangkok down by Red Shirt leaders?

Seems there's a lot of convenient, selective forgetting....

All in response to being shot at by your friends. I'm not forgetting anything.

Before you go mikemac stick around and jamie is going to list All of Yinglucks criminal convictions.

Or maybe Seajae will show us the proof of Thaksins hit list .

And you call the parrot a feathered troll.

See when put to the acid test all I and other posters get is insults because your out of ammo which means no proof.

Well I will hang around whilst YOU list Suthep's and Abhisits convictions in the courts of law.

It shouldn't take you too long.

I very much prefer to deal with him than with a self appointed PM writing songs; taking power in such is criminal, Costas.

The other topics already count for him: megalomanic, hypcorite etc.

History is bound to repeat however Khun Thaksin the Junta is only there because of you Sir, twice , not a bad effort for a life time. coffee1.gif

yes, somebody didn't like Thaksin run the least corrupt government in the history of Thailand (data from Transparency International), didn't like he PAID IN ADVANCE ALL DEBT TO IMF (fist time a country did it), didn t like he HALVED the number of poors, didn't like the economy expanded by about 50% during his government , didn't like an aiport was built in a record time when previous govts. had stolen all the money for about 50 years for that project, didn't like the international reserves of Thailand rose drammatically from almost nil.

Keeping Thais in desperation and absolute misery make some retirees happy so they can exploit their misery.

I wonder why that folk didn t move to Cambodia if they love seeing people in misery. Perhaps because the lack of shopping malls ?

You really need to change your medicine.

I thought it was to cure your dementia, not make it worse.

• Like 1

That's true. But they are in their home town and can go back every night to a good meal and a comfortable bed. Most of the protesters from outside Bangkok don't have that option. They are mostly from a lower social economic level and generally depend on handouts from the political party they are supporting. This goes for both sides of politics be it red or yellow.

................"and generally depend on handouts from the political party they are supporting"...............................

Ahem, except when they are disgruntled and ripped off rice farmers who pay their own way to Bangkok to protest about the money owed to them. They were neither red or yellow, they were just farmers. Who went home empty handed apart from a load of hollow promises and a load of bs.

Before you go mikemac stick around and jamie is going to list All of Yinglucks criminal convictions.

Or maybe Seajae will show us the proof of Thaksins hit list .

And you call the parrot a feathered troll.

See when put to the acid test all I and other posters get is insults because your out of ammo which means no proof.

Well I will hang around whilst YOU list Suthep's and Abhisits convictions in the courts of law.

It shouldn't take you too long.

I hope you are not going to hang around waiting for a sensible reply, because you will be disappointed. biggrin.png

• Like 1

it's a complete and total urban legend that red shirts only came to bangkok for the money.

I doubt anybody claimed it was ONLY for the money, allowing for cause such as tourism, partying and escaping Isaan ennui. But it is inescapable fact that many were paid to support a billionaire's cause, though some still claim (why?) it wasn't he who paid.

And given that, it was important that the anti-Yingluk protesters be accused similarly, even though there was ample evidence that the money flow was the other way round. Because there is a country mile of difference between those PAID to protest and those willing to part with their own hard-earned in a rightful cause.

an urban legend which some still believe

or just want to believe

Redshirt payment to attend is a well documented fact which some will never believe. Just as they will claim that the 2010 insurrection was a spontaneous protest of the coup, 3 PM's and 4 years too late.

• Like 2

The fact that Thaksin has not been a vocal critic of the coup and the 'NCPO' speaks for itself.

Thais, who value democracy, need new leaders.

It's that simple.

Yes he must be very worried about what can be done against him, things like revoking his illegal passport (probably diplomatic), sure he has others but they are from insignificant countries and he would have to apply for visas everywhere he went.

Then there is the increasing friendship with China, a few words in the correct ears and there and also Hong Kong would be out as destinations for him.

International warrants for his arrest on the charges he faces would restrict him even farther, not all countries would recognize them but enough to cramp his style.

Assets seized in this country is another thing he must be scared of.

Follow up's of the money trails from the funding of the 2010 riots would be another, as well as following up the corruption money from the rice pledging and other schemes.

Yes he has a lot to be worried about.

They sure do need new leaders, Thaksins time is well past and didn't he once say "Democracy is not my aim"

But then those who think democracy is only about winning an election by any means then doing what you like would still want him, particularly if they could get on the payroll.

as you can see, my post was much less about Thaksin that the people who value democracy. biggrin.png

Thaksin is one player in the game. He's been a factor for 15 years. Like Prem and other generals who oppose him, he'll fade away someday too.

Thaksin is not the issue. Democracy is the issue. With Thaksin's current approach, he is demonstrating his own self-interest and his lack of real concern regarding democracy and self-governance.

(the quote that you paraphrased, ... that has been taken out of context since the day he said it. It's really unimportant)

As it was you who mentioned Thaksin I thought it reasonable to reply regarding him.

I take heart that you now recognize where he is coming from and you remember your words when you post again.

As for democracy; it was shattered under the PT administration and was heading, with the amnesty and other measures, towards something completely different.

That the people of all walks of life, including the reds from the north came out and protested was a sure sign that they had gone to far.

Consider for a moment if the amnesty had gone through, the rice scheme had continued, the 2.2 trillion had been obtained out of budget and the now exposed corruption had continued unabated ( it would have all been forgiven) where the country would be now and would be in another 2 years time.

• Like 2

Nov 12 2014 mr question marks.

It was world news so I don't know how you missed it.

Google is your friend.

Nope. Missed that

. Link please.

Don't worry found it... " The brief detention of Chulalongkorn University academic Prapart Pintobtang over the weekend for his marching campaign for land reform has sent a warning message that the reform process in Thailand is going in the wrong direction."

An academic purposely breaking martial law to highlight a problem .. good on him.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/Aborted-march-in-North-shows-flaws-in-forest-evict-30247552.html

Edited by casualbiker

The stuttering parrot post # 112

So you support the suppression of freedom of speech.

Not a question statement of fact.

Shame

Well your Messiah and his puppets certainly believed in the creed the suppression of freedom of speech.

Not a doubt about that statement of fact.

Our sympathy is extended to you due to the fact you are indeed suffering from a chronic ongoing case of , ''selective amnesia''

• Like 1

So you support the suppression of freedom of speech.

Not a question statement of fact.

Shame

Who you talking to? .. no quotes. Must be talking to yourself.

By the way a march is not speech, the academic put his case forward in the press so I think he did speak!

Perhaps Thaksin's strategy is to give the Junta 'sufficient rope to hang themselves'.

Definition ". to allow someone to accomplish their own downfall by their own foolish acts"

I have been saying this almost since the coup occured. It is true of most governments, and will be inevitable with the Junta. Thaksin and the red shirts just need to bide their time, Fair elections will see their party re elected, without any doubt.

Perhaps Thaksin's strategy is to give the Junta 'sufficient rope to hang themselves'.

Definition ". to allow someone to accomplish their own downfall by their own foolish acts"

I have been saying this almost since the coup occured. It is true of most governments, and will be inevitable with the Junta. Thaksin and the red shirts just need to bide their time, Fair elections will see their party re elected, without any doubt.

But Thaksin is not involved in politics, he has said so many times!

He has stated that he's not interested in being PM again and wants to spend time with his family. Don't you believe him?

But Thaksin is not involved in politics, he has said so many times!

He has stated that he's not interested in being PM again and wants to spend time with his family. Don't you believe him?

Insert present leaders name into the second word of your post. Same, same. Different day. Open both your eyes.

• Like 1

an urban legend which some still believe

or just want to believe

Redshirt payment to attend is a well documented fact which some will never believe. Just as they will claim that the 2010 insurrection was a spontaneous protest of the coup, 3 PM's and 4 years too late.

I have heard the rumours but never seen a document outlining these facts. I tried googling this factual document but cant find it.

• Like 1

I like the way he mentions the low income earners such as farmers and labourers something that is not in the yellow dems vocabulary .

The poor general is not going to be happy with the Thaksin name making news again.

I like the way he uses them to buy win power then throws them on the scrapheap when they have outlived their usefulness. The rice scam comes to mind.

And to think there are numerous posters on this forum who think Thaksin had nothing to do with the redshirts and their terrorist activities, that they acted alone. How thick can you get ?

How thick can we get?

Hard to say - at the moment those of us who quaintly believe that the Thai people should choose their own government are mesmerised watching your mental gymnastics producing posts supporting a military dictatorship!

Don't worry, once our fascination with your bizarre actions wears off no doubt we will revert to type, demanding elections and democracy- oh so last year I know.

Never mind, Sieg Heil and all that - I prostrate myself before your intellect!