Bar girl expectations: How realistic?

MagnumForce

Wife just told me a German guy we both know about 66 yo who has a 37--38 yo Thai GF divorced his wife in Germany when she found out about the affair . He just paid off about 1 million in gambling debt she owed and is renting a house for her and him ( 8,000 baht a month ) as well as aprt for her. He can't fully retire now because has to work some to keep up with her gambling debts. Even his GF's sister said he is foolish. If I lost even 200,000 baht my husband would be gone.

What's that old song "Love love love, makes me do foolish things"

Wife just told me a German guy we both know about 66 yo who has a 37--38 yo Thai GF divorced his wife in Germany when she found out about the affair . He just paid off about 1 million in gambling debt she owed and is renting a house for her and him ( 8,000 baht a month ) as well as aprt for her. He can't fully retire now because has to work some to keep up with her gambling debts. Even his GF's sister said he is foolish. If I lost even 200,000 baht my husband would be gone.

Reading your post leaves me in doubt if you are a man, woman or if you have an identitycrisis.

• Like 1

Reading your post leaves me in doubt if you are a man, woman or if you have an identitycrisis.

It's best to maintain an open mind on this forum, and to respect others' opinions, regardless of whom they may be

It's best to maintain an open mind on this forum, and to respect others' opinions, regardless of whom they may be

Thank you Mr. Right.

My post was made in jest because he referred initially to his wife and at the end of his post, to my husband.

Have a nice day.

Thank you Mr. Right.

My post was made in jest because he referred initially to his wife and at the end of his post, to my husband.

Have a nice day.

In most Western societies, we're only allowed one wife, one husband, I'd always assumed it was an OR in there, but maybe its an AND. Does having a wife and a husband count as bigamy? What does the Mormon church say on the subject? To be fair, they only say "Wife just told me..." whereas "...my husband would be gone" - maybe it was someone else's wife.

There's no point speculating - which reminds me, the rugby league season starts next month

SC

EDIT: I reckon the husband would just be using the gambling debts as an excuse to hit the road, when he found out about the other woman (assuming the wife was such - again, perhaps I am trying to fit someone else's situation to my own stereotypes). Or maybe not. It takes all sorts to make a box of licquorice, I suppose. But best not to overdo it, eh?

Edited by StreetCowboy

Thank you Mr. Right.

Have a nice day.

I reckon she must be a woman, to have a wife and husband. I don't think a bloke could carry that off, and I reckon the wife would find it pretty unsavoury, assuming she was a woman. Call me old-fashioned, call me straitlaced, call me boolean, but I can't really see the logic in such a relationship, and I find it a little unsavoury to speculate.

In fact, the only way I can avoid the distasteful images associated with such speculation is to look forward to the start of the rugby league season, and Steve Ganson in the video referee's box. Maybe with Phil Bentham. But what if there was a woman in there as well? The mere idea of it doesn't bear thinking about. What if one of the video referees was the woman. Then what would Phil Bentham be doing there?

You see where such speculation can lead you?

Best just to keep an open mind, and accept others' opinions, without scratching too deeply. Opinions are like wives; you should be able to respect someone elses', even if you don;t share them.

SC

Thank you Mr. Right.

Have a nice day.

I reckon she must be a woman, to have a wife and husband. I don't think a bloke could carry that off, and I reckon the wife would find it pretty unsavoury, assuming she was a woman. Call me old-fashioned, call me straitlaced, call me boolean, but I can't really see the logic in such a relationship, and I find it a little unsavoury to speculate.

In fact, the only way I can avoid the distasteful images associated with such speculation is to look forward to the start of the rugby league season, and Steve Ganson in the video referee's box. Maybe with Phil Bentham. But what if there was a woman in there as well? The mere idea of it doesn't bear thinking about. What if one of the video referees was the woman. Then what would Phil Bentham be doing there?

You see where such speculation can lead you?

Best just to keep an open mind, and accept others' opinions, without scratching too deeply. Opinions are like wives; you should be able to respect someone elses', even if you don;t share them.

SC

Glad to see my post served a purpose for you.

1 more and off to bed i suggest. You.

That's what happens when people pretend to be someone else on an anonymous forum. They sometimes forget who they are.

That's what happens when people pretend to be someone else on an anonymous forum. They sometimes forget who they are.

Sorry guys, my wife was yelling at me to get off the PC (we were going out) so I didn't have time to edit my post. What I was saying is the SISTER of the guy's Thai GF told us she can't understand why he stays with her--she said " if I even lost 200,000 baht my husband would be gone" Meaning if she lost even 200,000 baht her husband would be gone. Hope that clarifies my post.

Still saying the bar girl mentioned in OP expectations are not too farfeched as even over the hill BG can latch on to some love starved farang who will try to give her the world in order to get/keep her.

• Like 2

Hi folks,

I was chatting with a lady in Hua Hin yesterday. She's originally from the back end of Udon. She wasn't a stunner by any means but she was attractive and she was about 34. She was very pleasant and easy to chat with and we got on very well. She was brutally honest with what she expects from her work. She told me her "Angel" (some sort of shamen or local witch doctor) told her that this year she would be very lucky and meet a rich man to "take care" of her (and her family).

I asked what she meant by "take care". I nearly fell off my chair with her answers.

She wants a salary to live with somebody as their girlfriend of 30,000ThB per month. She wants the lucky guy to fork out 3-4 million baht for a house for her. She also wants a dowry payable to the mother of 1 million in the event that the guy wishes to marry her. She might even want a house built for mom and dad. After that, comes the car etc.

I was very surprised as didn't appear to be your usual hard case bar girl. She came across as the girl next door type.

How realistic are these expectations? Is there actually somebody who would willingly pay these amounts for a girlfriend/wife?

I know Hua Hin has a lot of wealthy guys but is this a bridge too far for her or not?

Looking forward to your comments as I was quite taken aback by this. Are you?

MF

Thats a lot of money for a women That will get boring after about 20 or so rounds of you know what.

• 1 month later...

Seems like her cup is half full and not half empty.

Her sights are set.

Good luck to her. I know many who set their sights low and consistently fail to make the grade....................wink.png

Being able to cook is also a bonus for her IMHO, especially if she can do chip butties................thumbsup.gif

So the OP should look for a Northern Lass from England in Thailand?, or maybe show the thai girl how to do them.