Renewing Retirement Visa 2 Days Late?

I have a retirement visa (non-imm OA) with a reentry permit that expires on April 15 but the earliest appointment that I can get with Chiang Mai Immigration's online appointment scheduling system is April 17. What would happen if I tried to renew two days late? "Rejected" and forced to leave the country and apply for an OA visa all over again?

You will probably be fined for an overstay of 2 days (1,000 baht) and then get the extension of stay.

But I would go earler to be sure to avoid any problems. No telling if and when new overstay rules wil become in effect.

Going earlier would be my preference too, if only I could get an appointment.

Also take into account that your current extension expires during Songkran.

Well said ovenman. Songkran starts in Chiang Mai about the first place in Thailand, second week in April, so go mid March, just walk in, as folks have mentioned and wait your turn.

Hope this helps you and others out. thumbsup.gif

Win whistling.gif

Edited by Kan Win

Move somewhere sensible?

Never waited longer than 10 minutes to sit down with the officer at Sisaket immigration. Chiang Mai is a great city, but living in or near a farang ghetto seems to have its downsides.

Move somewhere sensible?

Never waited longer than 10 minutes to sit down with the officer at Sisaket immigration. Chiang Mai is a great city, but living in or near a farang ghetto seems to have its downsides.

Brilliant advice - move instead of once per year dealing with inefficiencies at the local immigration office. Why didn't I think of that?

• Like 1