Remedial Massage near On Nut?

RoboLB

Hi,

I'll be spending three weeks in Bangkok and I've been having back problems. So a regular massage would be great. But a 'proper' massage.

Thai massage is fine for relaxation but not really much good in fixing things. At least that has been my experience.

Can anyone suggest a good remedial massage service? Either one that can call to our home, or at least not too far from On Nut via BTS.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

All Government Health Centers and Hospitals offer massage and their masseuese -- unlike most you will encounter elsewhere -- are specifically trained in, and accustomed to, dealing with people with medical problems.

Many private hospitals have also started to follow suit.

Public Health Center 21 is the Govt Health Center in the On Nut area. Should be able to find it on Google maps.

All Government Health Centers and Hospitals offer massage and their masseuese -- unlike most you will encounter elsewhere -- are specifically trained in, and accustomed to, dealing with people with medical problems.

Many private hospitals have also started to follow suit.

Public Health Center 21 is the Govt Health Center in the On Nut area. Should be able to find it on Google maps.

many thanks for the advice.

• 4 months later...

Sheryl , did a search to find good place for therapeutic massage in Bangkok and this thread came up . I have issue with leg and injury to scalp many years ago after car accident . Before going to Dr's and looking for relief for pain or fixes thought I would try massage for help with circulation in those areas first . I never had massage in Thailand as so many seem unprofessional and possibly a person could get hurt if they not have a recommendation . After reading this post about hospitals this changes much . I have card at government hospital Chulalongkorn across from Lumpini . Would this be a place I could get therapeutic massage , and can I go direct to that department or would I need to see a Dr first and get prescription like some X-rays or procedure ? Thanks in advance if you have any suggestions and for all your help in the past and many posts you have contributed to that help us all so much [emoji120]

Edited by Lumbini

I haven't tried at Chula but expect they will have it. I know St Louis does.

In most hospitals they will have you see a doctor once, just to get massage "prescribed", and it is a 1 minute perfunctory thing. After that you book directly with the massage dept. Appointments are usually needed.

Thanks , I think Bangkok Christian Hospital also good value but not sure if it's non profit . Bangkok Christian Hospital still more expensive than Chula . I just find out at Chula there seems to be 2 prices but still a bit unclear . If you want something done now one price but if you go early in morning and make procedure request for when first opening is ( like on colonoscopy or certain scan for example you are given date in the future at times weeks away or even longer but seems to be much lower price ?

Chula has 2 channels: the regular public one (for which you must go to OPD early morning and wait your turn) and an after hours clinic where you can choose your doctor and get specific appointments...essentially private care. It costs more than the public channel but still less than at private hospitals and is very good value, though there are some inconveniences, starting with it being almost impossible to find out which doctors are available and make an appointment without going in person to do so, and also often waiting lists for appointment, especially with the top doctors...and no English speaking on the part of the nursing or admin staff.

St Louis and Bangkok Christian Hospitals are both private not-for-profit (and yes, they genuinely do not make a profit. Though they do some "cost shifting", i.e. charge more than cost for some things in order to subsidize other things, like their free clinics for the poor, special STD/HIV clinic etc). Other not-for-profit private hospitals in Bangkok include Camellian and Mission. But of the 4, it is St Louis and Bkk Christian that have the most top docs, thanks to heir physical proximity ot Chula.