Dentist Soi 49 in Bangkok.

sipidan

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/contact.php

Word of warning extremely expensive, on par or if not more expensive that Australia & Uk dental prices!! Without the guarantee either!!

But taking away the top prices, clean & polish first time was good, false reading as after that both times I've had treatment here, they take to long with their treatments 3 hours in a chair with a rubber face mask clamped on to your teeth which hardly lets you breath is horrible! HATED it, uncomfortable to say the least!

Worst experience & longest in a dentist ever!

And I went back again for more punishment & saw another dentist who took 1.5hours to try & fix one more tooth!

Motorcycle taxi guy outside told me everyday Falang come out extremely upset & agree about the extortionate prices.....I'll never go here again!!

Not even for free....HORRIBLE & expensive!

Avoid this trap!!!!!

Just to add, they are professionals at what they do. There first meeting clean & polish is cheap, reasonable which impresses you, so great if that's all your after. But anything after that, all they are after is giving you the most expensive treatment available, I've seen 3 different dentist there now, the first consultation/clean & polish great. But the 2 dentist giving out treatment said conflicting things & start pushing to do extra work!!

Avoid!!

First visit 15,000 baht-3 hours

Second visit 11,000 baht 1.5 hours

And expected to return :-(

If I'd of gone to the dentist in Korat I used to go to in & out in half hour 1000 baht max each time & never had a problem with any treatment!

Ok repeating myself now. Just beware, go if you want but make sure you take plenty of cash & expect them to push you, talk you into return! Don't let them spoil your holidays!

All I like to do is get a check up, & keep teeth good but this place just wants to find work & make problems....

Just to add, they are professionals at what they do. There first meeting clean & polish is cheap, reasonable which impresses you, so great if that's all your after. But anything after that, all they are after is giving you the most expensive treatment available, I've seen 3 different dentist there now, the first consultation/clean & polish great. But the 2 dentist giving out treatment said conflicting things & start pushing to do extra work!!

Avoid!!

First visit 15,000 baht-3 hours

Second visit 11,000 baht 1.5 hours

And expected to return :-(

If I'd of gone to the dentist in Korat I used to go to in & out in half hour 1000 baht max each time & never had a problem with any treatment!

Ok repeating myself now. Just beware, go if you want but make sure you take plenty of cash & expect them to push you, talk you into return! Don't let them spoil your holidays!

All I like to do is get a check up, & keep teeth good but this place just wants to find work & make problems....

What was the treatment you had that cost 15 times that of your Korat dentist and took 6 times as long to do? That would be helpful to others considering using that hospital as not everyone's definition of expensive is the same and 3 hours in the dentist's chair does sound like a lot of treatment.

Edited by Sviss Geez

At Bangkok soi 49 they use a device that clamps to your teeth/tooth and puts a rubber cover around your mouth both times I went. Never used or had this device put on me in the last 40 years elsewhere. Its horrible especially for 3 hours, my jaw was in pain, jaw lock but after I while I could hardly breathe with the rubber around my mouth. I kind of imagined it was been like waterboarding.

I'm just baffled at the duration of each visit/treatment, never keeped waiting to go in for treatment so you could say that's a positive!

But they just take too long & charge top dollar. Which I'll now pay elsewhere & hopefully without the suffocation & duration....