Good places to take a girl on a date?

BuffaloRescue

Anyway if you must the Royal Oak ,by the Canal road ,mentioned briefly before is a good choice I.M.O.

The owner (spent many years in the USA) is a good musician ,Sacks and fiddle .He has a lady singer with a great voice who sings in Thai ,Spanish and English .The food is good and well priced .Its not too loud for romantic conversation .

Great place for old western guys who never got out of the 70s, no good at all for young Thai ladies.

Is anyone else noticing the extremely selfish trend showing from old foreigners, or is it just me?

As mentioned i meant the Oak Tree. Its not all old customers by any means .On my last visit there was a table with very attractive Thai girls in their 20 s .In fact every time i have been there was always some eye candy .

P.S, >>Im just looking for suggestions on cool places to take a chick on a date in Chiang Mai.<< Doi Intannon .?....about -2c at this time of year .

Edited by anto

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Westerners always seem to think that Thai dates want to go to nice western places, that sell western food and western deserts and drink coffee.

It's usually not true, but they go because they don't want to say no and often spend a couple of hours moving food around on their plate.

IMO you would be much better taking her to a nice Thai place, my first thought is Tha-Nam along T. Padaed by the river.

Extremely popular with Thai's and some foreigners, good food, and if she wants sticky rice let her have it.

Very nice setting, not expensive and I think she would like the fact you've considered what she might like to eat.

I.ll vouch for that. With a Thai wife of 8 yrs, she is much happier going where there is Thai food. At best, locate a nice place that serves both Thai and Farang food. Count the number of times you have seen Thai women, bored, trying to appear interested, while sitting with a Farang in a Western setting.

Absolutely! I am not a " relationship expert " and no " Clare Rayner " but you see it everyday in Pattaya with a farang and a Thai lady sitting in a farang bar ( surrounded by the tattoo brigade ) and being forced to watch a hideous football match ! Don't you just hate football viewers..? The Thai lady always looks totally uncomfortable and miserable ( and totally understandably may i add....)

Have a nice day viewers....

F.J wub.png

• Like 2

Geez not sure where to take a thai girl on a date? 1) ask her where she'd like to go? 2) it depends on how much value you put on it ie what you want to achieve

Hope you won't post a request on what to do after the date? Plenty of advice is available lol

It’s unclear what sort of date we’re talking about, but I wouldn’t advice asking where to go.

Her favorite place could very well be one of those ฿199 “all you can eat” barbecue joints where you might run into her friends, or she will reply with the infamous “up to you”.

Picking a place that she hasn’t been to before (and likes) is a good start, and there are probably a lot of places she hasn’t been to or know about. The Dhara Dhevi café mentioned earlier is a good recommendation (for an afternoon date). The surrounding area (and that it’s a little bit out of town) makes it natural to walk around afterward, which I often find preferable to just sitting at a table together, unless there is good chemistry.

If things go well, you can also go to the neighboring temple and see if she wants to make merit with you…

Absolutely! I am not a " relationship expert " and no " Clare Rayner " but you see it everyday in Pattaya with a farang and a Thai lady sitting in a farang bar ( surrounded by the tattoo brigade ) and being forced to watch a hideous football match ! Don't you just hate football viewers..? The Thai lady always looks totally uncomfortable and miserable ( and totally understandably may i add....)

Have a nice day viewers....

F.J wub.png

Hmmmm,

All the 100% Thai only bars I used to visit always had football on big screens, all the Thai guys would have football shirts on (Liverpool or ManU), you visited the gf in her room after the match. No point wasting your money buying her drinks.

• Like 2