Good places to take a girl on a date?

BuffaloRescue

Years back when I first started dat'in the dames, I tried to make sure the skirt and I had something in common. Did the dish like to dance? Did the fox want to frolic? Did the babe like to bowl? Did the doll like to dress-up for fancy places? Try to find a place where you and your honey will be happy!!! I certainly wish you and your lassie, luck whatever you decide to do. Just make sure you check her I.D.!!!!

:thumbsup:

I would highly recommend a nice romantic stroll through the park ( holding hands and gazing into each others eyes ) and then later treating her to a 10 baht KFC Ice cream.......

Are you feeling " all romantic " viewers.....?

F.J wub.png

• Like 1

Just to point out,

Most of the guys offering advice are 60+ white foreigners.

They have no idea where a Thai girl under 50 would like to go .....

Small hint,

No western food (KFC is OK, they do Thai food), no 70s rock music bars, no places with bar girls or bar fines.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Do you have a vehicle?

Take her on a road trip to Chiang Dao, and do some spelunking in the Cave, down below, there. Nice Temple up on the side of the hill....and a possibility for an over-nighter....away from Chiang Mai. She might feel like she is being watched, in Chiang Mai. Perhaps another suitor/boyfriend or family.

Get her out of there.

Edited by slipperylobster

Where ever you take her, be a gentleman, and to encourage conversation suggest that both mobiles are turned off, or she'll spend the evening texting friends.

There's nothing worse than " a mobile phone " I always have had one rule that i never take my phone with me when i go outside! The Phone stays in my room.If i get any " important " missed calls then they can call back ! ( normally they don't ..... )

F.J clap2.gif

• Like 1

I always have a fine time at Tawandaeng. Thais seem to enjoy the combination of food, music, and dance, and having a party atmosphere. Better if there are a group of you. Sure, it's not really a 'date' by western standards, but it takes you down the same road. And it shows that you are open to Thai culture. Then again, it's quite possible I hang out with the wrong crowd... rolleyes.gif

As some others have stated, I'd definitely go somewhere Thai:

Thajene Chomchan - Seafood Restaurant behind LCC will impress, and if all goes well you can beat a hasty retreat to the Boat or Time Movement tongue.png

Ruen Come in - Beautiful Thai style near Jet Yod. Will definitely impress, sadly for afters The Best closed down but Ruen Come in do have a bridal suite, and not too far from the aforementioned places above, just avoid BK unless she's a 2 Bit.

Huan Soontaree Vechanont - except if she's a Red Shirt. Bit out of town but great music (if you like Lanna)

Huenmuanjai - Santitham Off Huay Kaew behind Nakornping Condo. For a more budget concious evening.

Suan Luang - By the lake, Cheap and very Thai friendly, especially if she likes Karaoke.

• Like 1

To the OP:

If you don't mind getting away from the city, Ui Mi Restaurant (their English translation says Rahn ahann Ui Mi) near Mae Faek was good the times I have gone. I doubt you will see many people from ThaiVisa Forums there, and probably not a lot of farangs. It is on a small pond and has a good view of a sunset if you happen to get the time right.

There is not a lot else to do right around the restaurant, and it takes some narrow roads to get to, but in my opinion it is well worth it.

Khaomao-Khaofang. I haven't eaten there in a while so don't know how the food is now but a lovely environment.

http://www.khaomaokhaofang.com/new/index.php?language=en

Facebook

I was there not long ago, Tywais, and the food was good in my opinion.

You are quite correct about the environment. I liked it just as well when it was Rainforest. Just like an "older" version.

Anyway if you must the Royal Oak ,by the Canal road ,mentioned briefly before is a good choice I.M.O.

The owner (spent many years in the USA) is a good musician ,Sacks and fiddle .He has a lady singer with a great voice who sings in Thai ,Spanish and English .The food is good and well priced .Its not too loud for romantic conversation .

Edited by onthedarkside
unhelpful remarks removed

Anyway if you must the Royal Oak ,by the Canal road ,mentioned briefly before is a good choice I.M.O.

The owner (spent many years in the USA) is a good musician ,Sacks and fiddle .He has a lady singer with a great voice who sings in Thai ,Spanish and English .The food is good and well priced .Its not too loud for romantic conversation .

Great place for old western guys who never got out of the 70s, no good at all for young Thai ladies.

Is anyone else noticing the extremely selfish trend showing from old foreigners, or is it just me?

• Like 2

Dayli is hard to beat for combination of food/drink/ambiance....closed until Sunday....very fun to watch Soccer there with the Thais and I'm not really a fan. Attended restrooms, also. Nimman Soi 11. Or you could rob a bank and go to Beer Republic or El Patio. Agreed Lism is cool, and in fact the same live band that almost always plays at Dayli from 2100-2230, also plays at Lism, Better outdoor setting at Dayli, though.

dayli is a very mediocre place found the food there very average ,and pricey,to make up for the cheap beer,i guess,
Their food prices are more in line with other thai places in the Nimman area....and they have gone up a lot over the years. Beer prices still 40% less. Facebook says 4.1 for Dayli, 4.1 for Why Not, and 4.2 for Beer Republic....Ambiance is better at Dayli.....and your bill?

I've heard experts say that dinner, especially formal dinner, is not a good first date. The reason: a bad meal could really taint an otherwise burgeoning relationship. A good cheap meal will be more appreciated with fewer strings attached...especially if it is some village girl. A plate of lasagna would probably sicken her, IF she actually ate it. Good casual drinking without worrying about the price is more likely to end well, and you can always get the 5 thb satay sticks off the street.

an feel sorry for anyone who thinks the dayli is a resturant the furniture leaves much to be denied,do they still have the dirt floor as well,and the abundance of male staff??.

They put artificial turf down...furniture is above average...but the big thing is they will actually serve me a really cold beer in a chilled glass, that was bottled within the last month, without me having to explain it to them. I've just about given up on the other places. Derm Derm is much closer to my home, and they do 3 Tigers for 200....they admitted to me they didn't have a cold one in the place. It's a shame, because their waitresses were hot, hot, hot. Yes, mainly male staff at Dayli, the owner is female, there are a few hostesses and special promotion girls. At their prices, you can afford to bring your own (girl). The five for 199 Leo deal ended with the low season.....legendary. Now 4 for 210, which is still cheaper than 7 or Tesco (unless you buy a case). Some folks have a tough time recognizing good value and/or won't step out of their Western shadow. Others feel the need for a western bartender/owner to pay them lip service while they pay 2X for beers...

• Like 1

Is anybody familiar with the Oak Tree Restaurant? Looks good on the outside on Canal Rd. on North side of town.

Oak Tree is the best! Good food, very friendly and lots of fun. They have Karaoke and they go from table to table and let you sing 3 songs per round. They also have some very talented people that sing there. It's my favorite place to go for a fun time. Cozy and relaxing!

I think you mean to say 'Oak Tree' on Canel Road. It's a small western type restaurant wraith good food and good sounds.

It would depend on your ages?

If you are 60 and she is 20, the advice would be different to you 30 and her 30.

The thread title says "girl" so that would probably put her under 20 and perhaps under 18. The op chronological age or psychological age?

So many on this forum seem go for the girls but not the women or ladies. Women/ladies really are better on many accounts.

What a heap of shit - my 'girl' is 44 y/o and I am happy to refer to her as 'my girl' - in her company - and 'my girl' has no problem with this. Incidentally, before anyone puts their foot in it, she is a charming, intelligent, caring girl. She has to be tolerate this cranky old c...t. Oh, and we are the best of friends, and with a recognised marriage in Oz. Lighten fellas - walk your own path - take on board what 'others' advice, that's fine, but at the end of the day follow your own instincts. Good luck and judgement

Great place for old western guys who never got out of the 70s, no good at all for young Thai ladies.

Is anyone else noticing the extremely selfish trend showing from old foreigners, or is it just me?

No, me too. They are showing what "not to do" maybe because they are envy of the OP.

• Like 2