Why is true move boasting about having the fastest 4G speed when 4G isn't implemented yet?

4G!?cheesy.gif i can just manage EDGE speed if i am lucky enough to be able to connect with my new 3G true sim and 3G aircard in a major location in central bkk, and even then it disconnects very frequently. ditto dtac and ais. most of the day i cant connect at all. or it will connect then disconnect 1 minute later

Edited by monkey dog

I have 3G+ speeds most of the time but they aren't very fast when i test them on speedtest and it uses up lots of precious data. I notice that i disconnect from the network totally sometimes so that i have no phone service so i either need to reset the phone or put it into airplane mode to reconnect it to the network. It's kind of depressing cos i use that phone as a modem to prove internet access to another phone and once it disconnected while i was using gps to track my distance travelled and location.

4G!?cheesy.gif i can just manage EDGE speed if i am lucky enough to be able to connect with my new 3G true sim and 3G aircard in a major location in central bkk, and even then it disconnects very frequently. ditto dtac and ais. most of the day i cant connect at all. or it will connect then disconnect 1 minute later

hold the bus!

seems i have neglected to install some aircard software.

further testing in progress...

hold the bus!

initial testing shows that although i can now connect more reliably and more quickly, i am still being disconnected too frequently, at least initially. on multiple reconnects it is more willing to not disconnect. seems to be connecting via the ais network even when i have a true sim in the aircard. it is an ais branded huawei 3G aircard and the connect software that i now installed is also ais branded. speed also seems faster now but havent attempted a download to see.

hold the bus!

initial testing shows that although i can now connect more reliably and more quickly, i am still being disconnected too frequently, at least initially. on multiple reconnects it is more willing to not disconnect. seems to be connecting via the ais network even when i have a true sim in the aircard. it is an ais branded huawei 3G aircard and the connect software that i now installed is also ais branded. speed also seems faster now but havent attempted a download to see.

You are using an AIS branded dongle to use a True Sim, right?

I'm pretty sure that dongle is 900/2100. For best results you need an 850/2100 dongle. You could probably do with the generic huawei dashboard. What model is the dongle?

hold the bus!

You are using an AIS branded dongle to use a True Sim, right?

I'm pretty sure that dongle is 900/2100. For best results you need an 850/2100 dongle. You could probably do with the generic huawei dashboard. What model is the dongle?

yes i only have one aircard model E303. disconnects using the ais sim are similar. do you huawei dashboard download link?

Edited by monkey dog

thanks for that now the ais software/true sim card wont connect at all, so using the original software to download the huawei dashboard coming down at 40-56 KBs sometimes up to 100KB/s

i chose the low speed dongle because i have long experience with what capabilities are actually given versus what capabilities are advertised here in thailand. i figured the low speed one would be more than sufficient.thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif .

Edited by monkey dog