Luxury cars in Suvarnabhumi disabled parking spaces (photos)

webfact

This is the part of this society that makes my blood boil. The a holes that own these cars probably make merit (for their luck), think they're good Buddhists, but think nothing of taking away convenience from disabled people because money gives them the privilege. IMO, they are the worst of the worst! bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Prayut is in an excellent, untouchable position to affect change here and bring Thais closer. Have soldiers tow these vehicles to be publicly destroyed!

For all you know, those cars could either belong to police or army generals or people connected to them.

Do you all think that this kind of thing goes on only in

Thailand! I have news for you, I see it everywhere, as

the rich, have the money to pay their paltry fines!

I have seen more people in Canada, USA, Thailand, and China

during my visits, who are more insensitive, now, than even 5 years ago.

In Calgary there are violations of this kind in shopping malls, and on the

street parking areas every day. There are also at least a few crashes everyday

Summer or Winter, in Calgary and other cities, because of bad drivers who do not watch where they are going, due to texting, or aggressive behaviours, or just

bad attitudes.

I agree that the Thailand drivers who are spotted in Handicapped areas

should return to their vehicle and see that all the tires are deflated,

by the nice parking authorities, or some other individuals.

Rich or not, they would likely notice that others around them, are

not amused.

Many assumptions being made here...

Does Thailand issue issue any type of disabled/handicap parking permit that is visually displayed or can be confirmed by checking records?

Can't disabled people have a luxury car? One should really not assume...

Thailand's LTO does indeed issue the same kind of rear-view mirror hanging placard as found in most countries. It has your info imprinted on it. When it is issued, you receive a new driver's license that indicates you are disabled. If you do not have a license (and presumably someone drives for you), the placard may be used if you get out of the car; it may not be used if you stay in the car. Similarly, if the driver is the holder of the placard and does not get out of the car, he's not entitled to use a disabled parking space.

However, I'm not aware of any law in Thailand that imposes a penalty for parking in a disabled spot without a placard.

That is good info about the placard.

Are the parking lots controlled by the owners of the property or the police?

I don't know. If there's no penalty for for parking in a disabled spot - and I think the whole disability "thing" is only just starting to change in Thailand - then it's a moot point.

Yes, of course, physically challenged people can have expensive cars too, what a silly question but doubt that four or five of them at the same time parked in those spaces at Suvarnabhumi?

Some of the people here are clearly missing the point: Is it really essential that there is a law or stickers for people to be able to 'legally' park in those spots (forget the idea of stickers anyway, copies would become available overnight for Baht 100)? Should it not just be 'human decency" not to park there, it able-bodied? I have seen tuktuks parked in those spaces, motorbikes, bikes, coffee stands, the lot (including a display of new motorbikes). Either, Thais do not give a hoot about these parking spots or dont understand why they are there for? Maybe, education is important, as would be in regards to Ambulances, that people actually give way when they have their sirens going...

On the other hand, I have seen drivers with these permits in other countries, parking in those reserved spots and then happily spending quite some time on their feet in a supermarket...

Yes, of course, physically challenged people can have expensive cars too, what a silly question but doubt that four or five of them at the same time parked in those spaces at Suvarnabhumi?

Some of the people here are clearly missing the point: Is it really essential that there is a law or stickers for people to be able to 'legally' park in those spots (forget the idea of stickers anyway, copies would become available overnight for Baht 100)? Should it not just be 'human decency" not to park there, it able-bodied? I have seen tuktuks parked in those spaces, motorbikes, bikes, coffee stands, the lot (including a display of new motorbikes). Either, Thais do not give a hoot about these parking spots or dont understand why they are there for? Maybe, education is important, as would be in regards to Ambulances, that people actually give way when they have their sirens going...

On the other hand, I have seen drivers with these permits in other countries, parking in those reserved spots and then happily spending quite some time on their feet in a supermarket...

On the subject of your final point, I too have seen this... However, it doesn't mean the driver is so disabled that they cant walk... For instance, a friend of my father had a stroke about 7 years back... He can walk but has problems reacting quickly to situations, the need to take his time especially when using his hands is necessary... Its not his mobility that he has problems with, its his dexterity more than anything... Getting into and out of the car is also a struggle...

There are loads of different ways somebody can be classed as disabled... but the fact remains is no matter which way, those parking spaces are there for those people to make stuff like going to the shops etc that we 'able bodied' people take for granted, easier... Not for jumped up tossers in lambos to use because they have an overriding sense of self importance...

Some of the Thai Elite Card members drive Lamborghini's, so maybe it's part of their "other perks".

Oh dear.

You really need to get over this.

Indeed, he does smile.png

But he seems quite obsessed...

Surprised that you didn't say as in your other threads, yes because we can.

Bike 'exhibition' by YAMAHA outside the Udon Thani Post Office, using BOTH handicapped parking spots. It is bad enough when the average person in the street does not comprehend the need for such special parking places, but a company like Yamaha (or/and the agent)?

post-226188-0-56873800-1421039169_thumb.

The parking at Swampie has nothing to do with the law, the government, the police or any other official institute other than AOT or the tenants of the building.

There is security 24/7 available and most probably they have been paid a few baht to allow parking there; if not........the owner/tenant could just tow away the cars and put them on the "long-term-parking" in the burning sun causing the Lamborghini to melt down to its aluminium chassis.

The parking at Swampie has nothing to do with the law, the government, the police or any other official institute other than AOT or the tenants of the building.

There is security 24/7 available and most probably they have been paid a few baht to allow parking there; if not........the owner/tenant could just tow away the cars and put them on the "long-term-parking" in the burning sun causing the Lamborghini to melt down to its aluminium chassis.

The law does require access for people with disabilities. I think you will find this is replicated in the head lease to the AOT

The law does require access for people with disabilities. I think you will find this is replicated in the head lease to the AOT

Well, the access is there as are the parking facilities.

Is there no so such as rich disabled ppl??

Just asking..................

I was going to say the same thing, most disabled people don't like to show off their disability and there are numerous mobility conditions that aren't immediately apparent (even to doctors). Yet so many <deleted> see it fit to judge a person as healthy just because they don't fit into their stereotypical view of disabled.

Yes, because the vehicle choice of people with mobility problems would most certainly be Lamborghinis, Porsches et all, renown for their comfy ride and ease off access/egress....

C'mon, you don't seriously believe all of these cars are owned by people with disabilities, specifically mobility related?