Better off alone in thailand

I'd imagine people would cross the road to avoid the OP.......everything else is merely his imagination.

Now he's back on the Gold Coast 'hangin' with his bros & lookin sick all the Thai stuff is irrelevant.

Pffffftttttt no way mate i now live in auckland nz and Realised i no longer need to goto pattaya to pick up middle aged thai women as there is enuff promiscous 40 something cambo and thai women in my area less the risk of an embarrasing trip to the countless vd clinics available .

Now lives in Auckland>>>> Now a Thai basher trainee!

I'd imagine people would cross the road to avoid the OP.......everything else is merely his imagination.

Now he's back on the Gold Coast 'hangin' with his bros & lookin sick all the Thai stuff is irrelevant.

Pffffftttttt no way mate i now live in auckland nz and Realised i no longer need to goto pattaya to pick up middle aged thai women as there is enuff promiscous 40 something cambo and thai women in my area less the risk of an embarrasing trip to the countless vd clinics available .

Woohoo! Sloppy (old) seconds!

But getting back on topic... are these Thai slappers in Auckland giving you the cold shoulder or are you just reminiscing (again)?

Personally I get more turned on pulling an on thai slapper in auckland than in thailand its more of a chase and they arent after your money here just company as they are often lonely thats the middle aged ones anyway the amount of time older thai women crack onto me in bus stops,grocery stores, pokie rooms and pubs .

Dream on >>>>> older thai women crack onto me in bus stops,grocery stores, pokie rooms and pubs .<<<<<< Dreaming... Yep we all are sure the Thai women all moved to Auckland to crack on you and the multitude of locations. <<<<<<<1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-LbP_e

Very much. Many people tell me that Thais will try to be nice with a farang on his own, but not if he's got company. That's born out by my own experiences. Alone can be very funny, but with someone and you have created a cocoon of your "partnership" which no-one wants to violate

I think it's partially a cultural thing. My impression is that being "alone", particularly as a visitor/traveler, is considered an unfortunate thing or an unfortunate circumstance by thais. It tends to provoke a certain sympathy or compassion, or at least interest. They, or many, just think being by oneself is a serious bummer... So they tend to be a little more friendly & outgoing toward you (providing you're not doing something else to alienate them). If you're with someone OTOH, you're not "companion challenged", and more likely to be ignored (as in, just left to yourselves; not as in 'snubbed'). I don't think it's so much that they're trying to avoid "invading" your "partnership cocoon". The rubric is - If you're "partnered", then you're "ok"; if you're alone, you're "not ok". But I also think this is one of the traditional thai values/mindsets that is, sadly, kind of disappearing among thais.

...Just the impression I get anyway...

• Like 1

Very much. Many people tell me that Thais will try to be nice with a farang on his own, but not if he's got company. That's born out by my own experiences. Alone can be very funny, but with someone and you have created a cocoon of your "partnership" which no-one wants to violate

I think it's partially a cultural thing. My impression is that being "alone", particularly as a visitor/traveler, is considered an unfortunate thing or an unfortunate circumstance by thais. It tends to provoke a certain sympathy or compassion, or at least interest. They, or many, just think being by oneself is a serious bummer... So they tend to be a little more friendly & outgoing toward you (providing you're not doing something else to alienate them). If you're with someone OTOH, you're not "companion challenged", and more likely to be ignored (as in, just left to yourselves; not as in 'snubbed'). I don't think it's so much that they're trying to avoid "invading" your "partnership cocoon". The rubric is - If you're "partnered", then you're "ok"; if you're alone, you're "not ok". But I also think this is one of the traditional thai values/mindsets that is, sadly, kind of disappearing among thais.

Agreed -- and it's not only Thailand. I get this reaction in many countries, even some western ones !! w00t.gif

Agreed -- and it's not only Thailand. I get this reaction in many countries, even some western ones !! w00t.gif

I think in the west, mere solitude isn't necessarily recognized as a bad thing. Maybe if you're giving off additional "signals" of loneliness, some might reach out, but merely being alone wouldn't do it generally. But merely being alone I think IS enough to stir a thai person to sympathy toward you (again, assuming you're not behaving in a way that makes it obvious why you might be by yourself...).

I always travel alone.

The most frequent question I'm asked is 'Where is your family (or friends)?'

I always reply that they have different schedules and interests than me (true).

When I arrive at a tourist destination, I frequently travel with others. I notice the bigger the group, the less friendly the locals are...

• Like 1