Help! My wife’s trying to cause my death by overfeeding!

Gecko123

Hi

Well you know about the Thai tradition and a little bit and every 20 minutes lol.

Yes she has and always asking you sure you have had enough and often I say definately no dinner tonight and yeah often go for a walk in the evening and occassionally enjoy some snacks of the Western variety.

I also agree that there is alot of sauces and salt in Thai food and yes indeed I love Thai food.

Yes she is only cariing for you and yes I certainly like a beer or two, but really love my Family to bits and yes my weight has gone up and my waist expanded.

Relax and enjoy and do you do any exercise and in any case just relax a little and no your wife is not trying to kill you. One has to remember to enjoy every single day and do the best you can for your Family, so enjoy and none of us knows, when we will not be on this planet.

Fact we all have to die of something sometime.

Cheers

• Like 1

" First we have a larb moo with crispy pork rinds and cucumber slices alternating all around the platter. Then comes a deep fried tubtim fish in a garlic mushroom sauce. And finally a wun sen noodle dish with squid and dried shrimp. Not to mention a huge bowl of hom mali steamed rice."

While I can understand your concern,, I'm jealous.

• Like 1

Look at it another way, you gotta die of something. I'd much rather pop my clogs from overeating than the other way round. Just tell her that an hour of sex gets rid of 200 calories! You'll spend so much time in the bedroom, she won't have time for the cooking!

• Like 1

To everyone who stopped by on this thread to question my manhood, or to tell me I married my mother, or to say I must look like Homer Simpson, or to call me names like exfatriate, Gecko-zilla, goldfish, or porker, or who tried to make me feel guilty for enjoying a meal with my family, or to remind me that there are kids starving in Appalachia, I would just like all of you to know that this afternoon I am happily ensconced in my Lay-Z-Boy recliner watching the Olive Kitteridge marathon on HBOS. My wife's not home, but I am making frequent trips to the kitchen to grab snacks and ice cold Leos. I don't know why, but for some reason the food and beer has never tasted better and I feel positively invigorated! Thanks to everyone for helping make this afternoon so enjoyable!

As you well know... Welcome to TV Gecko! Why give good advice or attempt to be helpful when you can be a grumpy, snarly, bitter, sarcastic (but think you are a truly wiity) poster on TVF. Thankfully you are one of the few that can take it all in your stride. Let it all wash over you then drown that cynicism coming your way in a couple of Leo's clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif I know it works wonders for methumbsup.gif

• Like 1

My GF is a great cook also and I love to eat so she loves to cook and feed me to "make me happy". As the kilos started creeping up I told her that I really don't enjoy being over a certain weight and that it actually depresses me and makes me not fun to be around. She just way back on the fried stuff and now we have salads with a little protein added, some tuna, a little pan fried pork or chicken and thats a meal. I bought her super slippery teflon pans that need literally no butter or oil to fry an egg and she loves them. We also walk or run almost everyday for a few miles to keep active among other activities and we really enjoy that time together. Eating seems to fill in the voids during the day and is part of intimacy so see if you can replace some those feeding times with another shared activity. A walk or run, a swim, a bike ride, work on each others language skills, play cards anything that allows you to enjoy each others company without food. I also bought a blender and she loves trying new combinations of fruits to see what I like best (careful about the fruit calories but the fiber and vitamins will do you good). Hope this helps.

• Like 1

My GF is a great cook also and I love to eat so she loves to cook and feed me to "make me happy". As the kilos started creeping up I told her that I really don't enjoy being over a certain weight and that it actually depresses me and makes me not fun to be around. She just way back on the fried stuff and now we have salads with a little protein added, some tuna, a little pan fried pork or chicken and thats a meal. I bought her super slippery teflon pans that need literally no butter or oil to fry an egg and she loves them. We also walk or run almost everyday for a few miles to keep active among other activities and we really enjoy that time together. Eating seems to fill in the voids during the day and is part of intimacy so see if you can replace some those feeding times with another shared activity. A walk or run, a swim, a bike ride, work on each others language skills, play cards anything that allows you to enjoy each others company without food. I also bought a blender and she loves trying new combinations of fruits to see what I like best (careful about the fruit calories but the fiber and vitamins will do you good). Hope this helps.

Wow! Talk about a post chock full of helpful ideas! Thanks a million!

Wow! Talk about a post chock full of helpful ideas! Thanks a million!

If none of the above work, go on hunger strike!

• Like 1

My fiance's family serve food like there's a feast every meal too and my future mother-in-law feels sad if I refuse or decline any food she offers me.However,it's a sign of affection and that I'm very welcome in their family.

My advice is to find a work-out routine even for half an hour everyday or at least 4x/week.You can also detox twice a week so you can burn what you eat.It's better than just consuming food and not moving enough to sweat it out;)

• Like 1

My friend will be green with envy if he knows about this! Lol...

He always complain that his wife underfed him. For example, 1 packet of Pad Thai to be shared between him and his wife (dinner time). And he has to find supper after dinner to fill tummy. 5555

Edited by Cpkt8

Hi to everyone,

i understand exactly what you mean because my wife is from ubon and we live in Paris. Even when we're only the two of us dining, the table is always full of many dishes and enough food for 10 people. I think it's about generosity, and because food is among others one of the most important thing fot thai people. But i am used to it because it was the same with my jewish mom, who always tried to feed us more and more.

Fred

• Like 1

It is hard to believe how weak you guys are, if you are not hungry and she puts it down in front of you do not eat it and be bloody strong like a MAN. My wife used to pile the plate and I told her it is to big, she say eat what you can, I said NO, stop pilling the plate as it is not inviting I hate it, if you keep giving me big full plates I do not want you to cook for me any more, I will cook my own food.

Be bloody Men, tell them what you want, it will for sure kill you.So in the end it is your fault not your wife. I am down to around 6 small portions a day, plenty of soup dishes and my weight has come down from 89kgs to 80kgs and it feels much better. So it is your fault if you are fat slobs.

True.. but I remain in shape by making sure I don't have to much crap food in the house when I got a weak moment. Seems to work 25 kgs down and leaner as when i was 18 so no problems here. You just need to do something that works for you.

My g/f is a cook by trade, so excellent cooking, but I suffered the same problem, to much food.

Even so, I managed to lose 12 kg in 4 months without any extra exercising.................if you don't believe me, just ask the dog.

Very funny, my friend, very funny.

• Like 1

Gecko123, on 11 Jan 2015 - 14:03, said:
Faz, on 11 Jan 2015 - 13:54, said:

My g/f is a cook by trade, so excellent cooking, but I suffered the same problem, to much food.

Even so, I managed to lose 12 kg in 4 months without any extra exercising.................if you don't believe me, just ask the dog.

Very funny, my friend, very funny.

But seriously, very true Gecko............now everyone's happy.

• 4 weeks later...