Why are there so many English man living in Thailand?.

georgemandm

65% tax

simple

income tax 20%

add NI 12%

20% vat on most things you buy

then add fuel duties, alcohol taxes, APD,insurance tax , savings taxes, and council tax ,

and there are many other sundry taxes and duties i have not included such as death tax, shares taxes ,stamp duty, vehicle taxes

and you will find that the average person pays £65 out of every £100 on TAX

do the math ,,,, dont be blind

• Like 1

65% tax

simple

income tax 20%

add NI 12%

then add fuel duties, alcohol taxes, APD,insurance tax , savings taxes, and council tax ,

and there are many other sundry taxes and duties i have not included such as death tax, shares taxes ,stamp duty, vehicle taxes

those taxes provide services, so in fact youre paying for state supplied services.

65% tax

simple

income tax 20%

add NI 12%

those taxes provide services, so in fact youre paying for state supplied services.
And how does the state get its money, to "supply" all of its wonderful services? Yes taxes, but taxes should be fair, proportionate and spent wisely. My council tax alone was £191/month when I left the UK. Almost 10,000 Baht. What service did I get for that? Here, zero a big fat beautiful 0.

By the way I'm British, there are many great things that I left behind, but where would I rather be?...not a hard choice. How can anyone take a pop at an old bloke that would be freezing his lonely old nads off in a bleak British mid-winter waiting for god, for coming over to enjoy what time he's got left in a pensioners paradise? Anyway, that's enough about me

Tired of hearing crap from expats and tourists? Go find somewhere quiet...simples.

Edited by watso63

65% tax

simple

income tax 20%

add NI 12%

And how does the state get its money, to "supply" all of its wonderful services? Yes taxes, but taxes should be fair, proportionate and spent wisely. My council tax alone was £191/month when I left the UK. Almost 10,000 Baht. What service did I get for that? Here, zero a big fat beautiful 0.

By the way I'm British, there are many great things that I left behind, but where would I rather be?...not a hard choice. How can anyone take a pop at an old bloke that would be freezing his lonely old nads off in a bleak British mid-winter waiting for god, for coming over to enjoy what time he's got left in a pensioners paradise? Anyway, that's enough about me

Tired of hearing crap from expats and tourists? Go find somewhere quiet...simples.

zero? nonsense

65% tax

simple

income tax 20%

add NI 12%

zero? nonsense

What, my old council tax bill, or the government, councils, the NHS etc wasting money? I know why I live in Thailand and that's just one teeny weeny reason out of many. If life in the UK could be viewed through Jimmy Saville style rose tinted spectacles I'm sure I may still be there, paying my taxes and thinking, wow I'm so glad they're being spent so wisely.

Instead, it's fun in the sun all the way. Thanks for the laugh

What, my old council tax bill, or the government, councils, the NHS etc wasting money? I know why I live in Thailand and that's just one teeny weeny reason out of many. If life in the UK could be viewed through Jimmy Saville style rose tinted spectacles I'm sure I may still be there, paying my taxes and thinking, wow I'm so glad they're being spent so wisely.

Instead, it's fun in the sun all the way. Thanks for the laugh

zero? lol

I'd love to know how you manage to pay 0% tax.

Council tax! or its equivalent here. 0% Nothing, zilch, nowt. In fact what can't be eaten by the dogs and ducks, gets composted, burnt or recycled. Got 213 Baht for my empties and waste plastic 2 days ago...bonus. I've got my own well, water filtration system and I pay 100 baht everytime a septic tank needs emptying...to a private contractor.

Yeah, sorry to burst your troll bubble, but I'm well aware of what I do pay taxes on here Jeez!

Edited by watso63

I'd happily pay some council tax here if they'd use it to fix the pavements.

Yeah and I'd have been happier back in the UK if taxes would have been spent wisely too 555

Just to say that you are absolutely right about the views you have expressed here, particularly about taxes. Don't let some of the comments here upset you. Best to ignore them. Enjoy your life in Surin. Some of the services you have mentioned cost ten times more here in Laguna Phuket than where you are in Surin. Have a nice day and a happy and healthy New Year.

• Like 1

65% tax

simple

income tax 20%

add NI 12%

Yeah! I'm from Sweden (so obviously not British). I had my own business back home and I payed 65% in tax and fees on every single krown (the Swedish currency) I made in profit. And in Sweden you pay 25% VAT so if I charged £100 then first pay 25% for VAT and then deduct expenses and pay 65% in tax on what's left. I said in an earlier post: "Born free taxed to death".
  • Like 2

I'd happily pay some council tax here if they'd use it to fix the pavements.

Yeah and I'd have been happier back in the UK if taxes would have been spent wisely too 555

Just to say that you are absolutely right about the views you have expressed here, particularly about taxes. Don't let some of the comments here upset you. Best to ignore them. Enjoy your life in Surin. Some of the services you have mentioned cost ten times more here in Laguna Phuket than where you are in Surin. Have a nice day and a happy and healthy New Year.

Thanks and the same best wishes to your good self. I know I'm right, my brother feels the same, the blokes I mix with agree and many people I know back home think I'm a right jammy beggar. The trolling wind up merchants don't get to me and I enjoy the banter and "the game". I love it here in Surin, but I also have a condo which I bought off plan and am waiting for its completion soon, so when the "good life" gets to me I can go and get a right good dose of everything I hate in Pattaya to remind me just how fortunate I really am Chok dee.

• Like 1

Last time i was in the UK I spent 90 minutes getting through customs at Heathrow (with a passport from a commonwealth country that mentions the queen no less) while gypsies breezed pass in the EU line.It's a beautiful place that needs some urgent repairs.

• Like 1