Why are there so many English man living in Thailand?.

georgemandm

I would please like to know why thailand has so meany English man from England living in thailand .

Don't get me wrong I love going and coming to thailand from Australia but I can't see my self living in thailand full time .

I have been coming and going for the last 6 years but I see and know a lot of man from England why ?.

I think I come from one of the best place on this earth Australia , but I am Australia Greek , born in Australia , but I would say that .

Just can't understand why so meany from , England and other places live in Thailand full time and I know it has a lot to do with thai woman and the life style but are most not happy back in there home land .

Yes I have a thai wife and yes I love her a lot but I can't see my self given up all I have and selling everything in Australia and move full time to thailand. Thanks for your reply am not trying to be a smart ass just gets why so meany give it all up for thailand.

Those who move here full-time but don't get stuck here (by building a house, etc) usually end up going back home eventually. That's why you see so many TV members disappearing from the forum on an ongoing basis. That and Mr Toad annoys them.

Then there are those who stay. They are stuck here, or they have nothing to go home to. Then there are the few who fit in with Thais, like it here, and stay here until they die.

By the way, pay no attention to MrToad. He's a meany.

That says it very well.

I would have used a MUCH worse comment about Mr. Toad. tongue.png (Joking.)

• Like 2

Those who move here full-time but don't get stuck here (by building a house, etc) usually end up going back home eventually. That's why you see so many TV members disappearing from the forum on an ongoing basis. That and Mr Toad annoys them.

Then there are those who stay. They are stuck here, or they have nothing to go home to. Then there are the few who fit in with Thais, like it here, and stay here until they die.

I'm in a mean mood today

For,me,being British, I feel I have an excellent Quality of life, the weather suits me to a Tee...., love the nice Beaches, and I do find the Thais friendly and helpful.

Lots of,delicious fresh fruit and Veetables...., also love,Thai Vegetarian Food.....

Yes Australia is nice, but for me it's just too far away from Europe...

I love here with what I have earned in the UK , and also off my investments, which can buy me lots more than back home....

That's my take...

I love here with what I have earned in the UK ...

Yes, most expats do.

Oops forgot to add, , And I wI'll always keep my main Assets in the UK too, and won't be selling any of them soon, as its a melting pot there, especially London.... Lucky me just being there at the right time....

• Like 1

That says it very well.

I would have used a MUCH worse comment about Mr. Toad. tongue.png (Joking.)

I'm going to take offence, joking.

In proper answer to the OPs question, Brits and English seem to travel a lot more than other nations. Probably an historical thing.

Certain places though there seems to be lots of Aussies as well.

There does seem to be a lot of Australians from Australia lining there.

Why is dis?

• Like 1

Because despite what other people tell you the UK is finished. Its a rat race to work in the weather is shit for 8 months of the year followed by the winter, Australia is a beautiful country and Thailand isnt much of a "Step up" as it is to us inner city Brits. That will be the last time I ever say anything positive about Australia

Or negative about England?coffee1.gif

• Like 2

For,me,being British, I feel I have an excellent Quality of life, the weather suits me to a Tee...., love the nice Beaches, and I do find the Thais friendly and helpful.

Lots of,delicious fresh fruit and Veetables...., also love,Thai Vegetarian Food.....

I love here with what I have earned in the UK , and also off my investments, which can buy me lots more than back home....

That's my take...

Yes, most expats do.

Oops forgot to add, , And I wI'll always keep my main Assets in the UK too, and won't be selling any of them soon, as its a melting pot there, especially London.... Lucky me just being there at the right time....

No, I was funning you for your misspeaking.

(I assume you meant live, not love.)

Geez, sometimes my humor is a bit too subtle.

• Like 1

That's my take...

Yes, most expats do.

No, I was funning you for your misspeaking.

(I assume you meant live, not love.)

Geez, sometimes my humor is a bit too subtle.

Sorry but. Meant , I Love living here... it ticks all the right boxes for me, apart from the Driving Standards...but everything else is fine... But that's me, we are all different..

• Like 2

Guys, guys, guys ! Will you never learn. This ratbag is winding you all up. It's his hobby, pass time. He sucked me in originally. I sent several replies to his idiot posts & responses. Called him all sort of things, trying to imitate, very poorly, an Aussie.

Actually he can write quite sensibly & literate when he's not playing games.

Cheers..... Mal.

Oh hell, it ain't as though we got anything better to do at 5.56 on a Saturday morning.