Chiang Mai Estate Agents...

ShaunEdwards9

Over 30 days is considered a stale listing in many areas. If you aren't priced to sell; you shouldn't list. Some agents will list anything, just to be able to use it to steer other clients. A good agent won't take a listing that is unrealistic; gasoline is too expensive for one thing. The pool of actual buyers is pretty small, and the market segment that they would buy is even smaller. The market didn't crash, as some have been stating here for about 10 years.......they would have easily had all their money back by now, in rent savings. You can probably get a good deal from someone, who has to sell, but be prepared for a lengthy search/wait.

over 30 days is considered a stale listing in many areas????????????uuuuhhhhcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

we are in c/mai thailand u know, not sydney australia

other parts of your post has flaws, which suggests u have no first hand experience or knowledge relating to c/mais r/estate current trend,

just plain old hot air

a top of the morning to allsmile.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 30 days is considered a stale listing in many areas. If you aren't priced to sell; you shouldn't list. Some agents will list anything, just to be able to use it to steer other clients. A good agent won't take a listing that is unrealistic; gasoline is too expensive for one thing. The pool of actual buyers is pretty small, and the market segment that they would buy is even smaller. The market didn't crash, as some have been stating here for about 10 years.......they would have easily had all their money back by now, in rent savings. You can probably get a good deal from someone, who has to sell, but be prepared for a lengthy search/wait.

over 30 days is considered a stale listing in many areas????????????uuuuhhhh:cheesy: cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

other parts of your post has flaws, which suggests u have no first hand experience or knowledge relating to c/mais r/estate current trend,

just plain old hot air

a top of the morning to all:)

Normally I disagree with almost everything bangmai says HOWEVER this time he is right on. Why don't you point out his flaws instead of just accusing him of being full of hot air. You apparently have NO first hand knowledge of the real-estate community

over 30 days is considered a stale listing in many areas????????????uuuuhhhh:cheesy: cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

just plain old hot air

a top of the morning to all:)

Why don't you point out his flaws instead of just accusing him of being full of hot air.

i did point out a flaw, line one and two of my post confirms that

as for the other flaws,they are very minor but all add up to my original assumption,which in no way was intended to be a accusation, but a honest appraisal of his post

have a very nice day:)

Well priced homes are snatched up quickly by the group, ready to buy, looking for a good deal. I've bought 9 homes, two in CM, and sold one for profit, so I do have some experience in the field. A farang selling a used house to a Thai person(s) in the suburbs/exurbs of CM is going to be tough, add to that the competion from new builds in the same areas and it is a huge task. Of course, a sensible person would price that into his offer, when he bought, so gains would even be possible. Many chose to do things the hard way. You need lookers to get an offer. If you don't get several lookers in the first month, you are likely priced way too high. You give up a lot of privacy, when your home is on the market, and privacy is a big reason for owning to begin with. If an agent told me he wouldn't list my home, I would at least ask hime what he would list it for, or what he thought it could sell for. Listing price and market price are entirely different items.

I placed an add on a couple of websites for my Thai friend who wanted to

sell his house,it was not in very good condition,only 70 square Wah, and

he wanted me to list it at 1.8 M THB, I am thinking this is a waste of my time,

he will never get that price,in the 4 weeks it was listed ,not one reply,but he

sold it himself to a market stall holder for 2M THB !

Then some other people I know, not far from us,wanted to sell a 2 story house

100 square Wah for 5.8 M THB, a girl who cleans houses in the area,found a

buyer,one of her customers,who owns a gold shop,its just in the process of

been finalized,and the maid will get her 3 % commission, i know lots of houses

are rented and sold by contacts through local people,the corner shop,guards

on the gates ,Etc,

regards Worgeordie

• 2 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OP, prepare to be bombarded with PM's from members desperate to rent their condos [for over-inflated prices].

That's sweeping, unkind, untrue, and libelous response that I've ever heard

Sue me!

Well you have to admit 37 posts and you haven't even had one offer theirs.wai.gif

Well priced homes are snatched up quickly by the group, ready to buy, looking for a good deal. I've bought 9 homes, two in CM, and sold one for profit, so I do have some experience in the field. A farang selling a used house to a Thai person(s) in the suburbs/exurbs of CM is going to be tough, add to that the competion from new builds in the same areas and it is a huge task. Of course, a sensible person would price that into his offer, when he bought, so gains would even be possible. Many chose to do things the hard way. You need lookers to get an offer. If you don't get several lookers in the first month, you are likely priced way too high. You give up a lot of privacy, when your home is on the market, and privacy is a big reason for owning to begin with. If an agent told me he wouldn't list my home, I would at least ask hime what he would list it for, or what he thought it could sell for. Listing price and market price are entirely different items.

youve never owned property in Chiang mai. in an earlier post you've listed what you've owned Arizona bkk Nevada etc never chiang mai.

youve never owned property in Chiang mai. in an earlier post you've listed what you've owned Arizona bkk Nevada etc never chiang mai.

"I sold here in 2008." I suppose that wouldn't be specific enough for some.....23,485 usd at BWT, 5A Soi 4 (purchase price in 2006).

• 4 months later...

Overall, I think the real estate market in Thailand in terms of buying and selling has a lot of room for improvement.

Please note,

It is forbidden under Thai law for foreigners to deal or handle real estate.

The can manage the office, but they can't sell to customers.

If you find a foreigner selling or managing condos or any real estate, they are working illegally, and therefore by definition crooks.

Best not to enter into business dealings with criminals.

I didn't want to say anything before as I was not 100% sure, but that is my understanding exactly. I would never get involved with a farang selling property here as no doubt he/she is operating illegally.

So what ??

What is wrong with you people ??

Would you be reporting them as well ???

"Officer, I suspect this person is a criminal, he tried to rent me an apartment........"

I can think of one foreigner, managing real estate that I would not hesitate to report in a second and probably will ...

Please note,

It is forbidden under Thai law for foreigners to deal or handle real estate.

The can manage the office, but they can't sell to customers.

If you find a foreigner selling or managing condos or any real estate, they are working illegally, and therefore by definition crooks.

Best not to enter into business dealings with criminals.

I didn't want to say anything before as I was not 100% sure, but that is my understanding exactly. I would never get involved with a farang selling property here as no doubt he/she is operating illegally.

So what ??

What is wrong with you people ??

Would you be reporting them as well ???

"Officer, I suspect this person is a criminal, he tried to rent me an apartment........"

I can think of one foreigner, managing real estate that I would not hesitate to report in a second and probably will ...

Why ?

That's a pretty ugly thing to do, is it not ?

Edited by Compo

Karma is a bitch right ...

you aren't karma; you are malicious and vindictive and are probably bleating because you tried to terminate a tennancy early and didn't get your deposit back.

gigglem.gif You are so clueless but I have to assume you are an illegal Landlord that has also extorted your tennants - be careful, they might get back at you ... well deserved clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I have been dealing with Brett from Expat homes. Great service, on the ball and replies quickly to queries.

This.

Where as everyone else would waste our time to show us 1 possibly 2 houses each on opposite sides of town.

Expat Homes prepared 9 homes for us to look at on the same day in a logical, time efficient way. They also understand terms like "western style" and don't waste your time showing you places you don't want.

Previously, when i found my condo, i looked at roughly 20 on my own before deciding. Most were asking western rents for less than a western condo.

Good luck

Rgs

SM

Karma is a bitch right ...

you aren't karma; you are malicious and vindictive and are probably bleating because you tried to terminate a tennancy early and didn't get your deposit back.

gigglem.gif You are so clueless but I have to assume you are an illegal Landlord that has also extorted your tennants - be careful, they might get back at you ... well deserved clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yeh, ok.

• 5 weeks later...

Perfect homes just sold my wife's home in Sansai and rented another of her homes nearby. No need to go on.

You can sell anything if the price is low enough.

Agree + mascarabertha ( S.B. ... ? ) has connection to Perfect Homes, many post positive Things but most have connections to Perfect Homes - if post any negative about them it will be deleted by order of Simon as PH is a sponsor ...

Perfect homes just sold my wife's home in Sansai and rented another of her homes nearby. No need to go on.

Agree + mascarabertha ( S.B. ... ? ) has connection to Perfect Homes, many post positive Things but most have connections to Perfect Homes - if post any negative about them it will be deleted by order of Simon as PH is a sponsor ...

Being a satisfied customer on several occasions is a connection?

I recently had to search for a new home.. The absolute litany of disastrous interactions.. Agents that paid not one seconds attention to the information of what I was looking for, showing me totally the opposite, or Thais thinking any farang that wants a nice place to live is going to plump down 50 - 70k on pretty mediocre 'luxury' homes was just astounding.. The comedy of errors was really quite a shocker, as was the lack of western quality homes 'nice' places.. Chiang mai does seem to lack nice clean modern smaller homes with pools or nice standard fixtures and fittings. Thats not a hard thing to find in most other cities with a western population, heres there a lot of old stock.

I will be fair.. Simon from Phuket homes paid attention. He didnt have what I wanted but he read my needs and responded clearly and promptly and followed up later.. As did Patrick at elite property.. Both would get my first contact if I was ever doing the same again. I get the impression both thought my desires impossible to achieve (pool, large, gardens and outdoor space, parking, privacy ideally 30k or under) impossible desires.. I was starting to wonder myself if I was going to need to pay 40 - 50 given thier reactions, or downsize my checklist, but sure enough managed it without an agent in the end.

A long laundry list of 'agents' who didnt read the spec at all, showed me dusty nasty places at mega money, or moobaan box homes with 2m of space around them at mid 20s... before giving up and not returning emails was just mind blowing.. Many Thai agents simply cannot or will not use email, only sending badly written line messages and one photo at a time taken in semi dark rooms on a blurry cell phone. These were the 'professionals' not just someones friend who looked for a commission.

Anyone looking for a nicer larger family rental home.. Now I have signed a new 3 year deal, I can share the remainder of my shortlist. One palace (now gone) which I couldnt take as it had multi million baht teak floors and I have a dog.

I recently had to search for a new home.. The absolute litany of disastrous interactions.. Agents that paid not one seconds attention to the information of what I was looking for, showing me totally the opposite, or Thais thinking any farang that wants a nice place to live is going to plump down 50 - 70k on pretty mediocre 'luxury' homes was just astounding.. The comedy of errors was really quite a shocker, as was the lack of western quality homes 'nice' places.. Chiang mai does seem to lack nice clean modern smaller homes with pools or nice standard fixtures and fittings. Thats not a hard thing to find in most other cities with a western population, heres there a lot of old stock.

I will be fair.. Simon from Phuket homes paid attention. He didnt have what I wanted but he read my needs and responded clearly and promptly and followed up later.. As did Patrick at elite property.. Both would get my first contact if I was ever doing the same again. I get the impression both thought my desires impossible to achieve (pool, large, gardens and outdoor space, parking, privacy ideally 30k or under) impossible desires.. I was starting to wonder myself if I was going to need to pay 40 - 50 given thier reactions, or downsize my checklist, but sure enough managed it without an agent in the end.

A long laundry list of 'agents' who didnt read the spec at all, showed me dusty nasty places at mega money, or moobaan box homes with 2m of space around them at mid 20s... before giving up and not returning emails was just mind blowing.. Many Thai agents simply cannot or will not use email, only sending badly written line messages and one photo at a time taken in semi dark rooms on a blurry cell phone. These were the 'professionals' not just someones friend who looked for a commission.

Anyone looking for a nicer larger family rental home.. Now I have signed a new 3 year deal, I can share the remainder of my shortlist. One palace (now gone) which I couldnt take as it had multi million baht teak floors and I have a dog.

"Simon from Phuket homes paid attention"

Shouldn't that be Perfect homes? smile.png

Edited by Throatwobbler

"Simon from Phuket homes paid attention"

Shouldn't that be Perfect homes? smile.png

That was a test to see who else was paying attention.. ;)

Go collect your gold star !!

Now so easy to find places .So many empty homes and Condos in C.M.

Not good ones..

House.. 20 - 30 mins from downtown max.. private pool.. Parking for 2 or 3 vehicles and my motorbikes.. under say 30 - 35..

Pretty easy in Hua Hin / Darkside Patts / Beang Sean / Rayong.. OK more expensive but still plenty of stock on Samui or Phuket.. Here ?? <chirp chirp... crickets>

Theres loads of junk.. was surprised how little good stuff there was.

My connection biker boy is I demand honesty, a sense of urgency, professionalism and a frequent and open dialogue with the people that I hire and that is what I get from perfect homes

Being a satisfied customer on several occasions is a connection?

Your connection to PH and a certain person is proven on his FB ... crazy.gif

Your connection to PH and a certain person is proven on his FB ... crazy.gif

Well done Sherlock. You found my facebook page. Was it hard? Did the fact that I am using my real name as my ThaiVisa forum name make it any easier?

By the way, here is my connection to Simon : After being a very satisfied customer of his company for many years on many occasions he turned into a friend. Or did you figure that one out already from our facebook pages as well?

But did you see me use that in my answer? No.

Did I say anyhting to plug or protect PH? No.

Only thing I pointed out was that a customer says something nice about them and you go claiming that they are "connected"

By the way, if one is running a business like he does, you will never be able to please everyone. ANd yes sometimes poeple might get service that they didn't expect. There might be many reasons for that. But that doesn't mean you have to go call people crooks and liars.

If I understand correct from your posts you are thinking you won't be getting back your deposit, right? Did that happen already? Maybe it is worth waiting until after (IF and WHEN) you actually get scammed and THEN complain about it?

Stig (on facebook, twitter, linkedin and probably some other sites as well). PM me if you don't find me and I'll send the links... wink.png