Thai Trucker takes out a few vehicles and gets knocked out.

DLock

Does the pick up pull out in front of the truck ?

that's what I see, so it was really the young punks fault, but Thais never accept blame.

Looks to me like a car pulled out in front of the truck\

Now we know why we so often read "driver fled the scene"

So was the punching monkey even involved in the accident at all??? Not a 5 on one, but battering an old man is just as bad. Weak coward.

He's from the black pick up that got pushed into the wall, the truck driver is clearly impaired, he was swerving before the impact and then staggering past the car before anyone even touched him.. My impression was that there may have been vehicles stopped in front of him, possibly the silver pick up turning into the shops but the scooter that got bowled over was in his path causing him to stop and wait for it to clear when the truck came in like a dozer and drove through everyone. I have mixed feelings, on one hand he deserved a good arse whooping driving that way but again this is why people don't stop when these accidents happen.

It looks to me as though there was also a Civic a Motorcycle and 2 pickups involved....

It appears as though vehicles in front of the Lorry were slowing for traffic lights up ahead - the lorry didn't slow, shunting the pickup to the right and another pickup to the left (which ended up facing back towards the street) a bike and the white civic were also shunted... The bike seems to have in front of the white pickup (shunted to the left) it appears the driver in the green top first went to check if the bike rider was ok, the white Civic was also shunted off the road a little further on to the left... The pickup (in which the guy in the green top was a passenger or driver) was shunted off to the right and the most visible part of the accident...

The Lorry driver didn't deserve to be assaulted, but in probable absence of reasonable penalty (as is often the case in Thailand) it is perhaps understandable why the guy in the pickup lost it when the 'thai law of the jungle' is applied...

As others have already posted - thats why the drivers in these incidents run from the scene...

If the law and 'protective penalties*' could be relied upon these responses become less necessary in the minds of most people.

*Protective penalties: Penalties such that others would take note and adjust their behaviour and level of responsibility.

The silver pickup wasn't turned around, that's how bad the rear end was bashed, it looks like the front fattened out. I agree with much of your perception though as I posted my own just before reading yours and we saw it much the same way but I think that maybe the silver pickup was stopping for the scooter that was in front of him on the roadside as the pick up was trying to turn into the shops which began the chain reaction by the drunk truck driver. It was ground zero so to speak and all the other vehicles incidental contact of an out of control truck after that with a drunk driver at the wheel.

Edited by WarpSpeed