Offending Thais on TV ?

willyumiii

I just read in a post where someone said we should all be careful of what we say so we do not offend any Thais here in the TV site.

Why would any Thai come to this site in the first place if not to find confrontation?

A Thai really has no need for information about visas do they?

They know that they will find many negative posts and comments about Thailand and the way things are done here on this site.

I think that is why they come to TV, so they can scream " Thai Bashing" and tell farang to go home.

I, for one, am not going to censor my opinions and remarks for the benefit of those who come here only to find views that conflict with theirs.

If they want to hear it,

bring em on.

P.S., I am careful not to violate the rules that TV has set down about certain unmentionable subjects and really have no opinions on Thai politics, not being a citizen, but as a resident here for years, there are many things that do concern me and warrant discussion on this Site, that is for expats who all have the need for a visa in common.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

I would like to see what will be your reaction and feelings when they start bashing your country, wherever it iswhistling.gif

No problem, bring it on, open discussion is healthy.

Heck I take a pop at Jolly Ole Blighty myself from time to time.

post-39258-0-50085200-1420963133_thumb.j

Image taken from a Thai webiste, if you can read Thai have a look at whats posted elsewhere other than TV, posted by Thais for Thais.

Edited by rgs2001uk
  • Like 1

I would like to see what will be your reaction and feelings when they start bashing your country, wherever it is:whistling:

Costas, My country is The United States and it is bashed more than Thailand on this site.

In fact, I bash it a bit myself , often.

But, I never go to anti American sites looking for trouble...

Quote: Why would any Thai come to this site in the first place if not to find confrontation?

Are you for real? Do you truly believe that the Thai visa forums are all about confrontations? In principle I was always under the impression that these forums are about sharing ideas and information for the benefits of ex-pats living here or considering moving to Thailand and that also gives Thai people an opportunity to become involved in ex-pat affairs and experiences, not for the purposes to get criticised and offended.

I can assure you that the police and especially Immigration take an active interest in these threads and comments that contravene Thailand`s strict defamatory laws are noted. If was not the case than Thai visa would not require the services of it`s moderators.

• Like 2

I would like to see what will be your reaction and feelings when they start bashing your country, wherever it is:whistling:

Costas, My country is The United States and it is bashed more than Thailand on this site.

The question is not that they do , but how would you like it

How would you like it if back in the US, Thais had a forum where the constantly posted opinions derogatory to your country and to you .

I dont think you would, it is bad form for visitors to insult their hosts.'

Maybe they do have a Thai expat site in the US... If so, they are probably bashing the hell outta the States :)

How would you like it if back in the US, Thais had a forum where the constantly posted opinions derogatory to your country and to you .

Hmmmm....what is written comes first....unfortunately people see only the ....tone.....it is written in.....an outsiders point of view about...a country....should make natives think about themselves.....when i lived with a thai woman in my country, she critisized my country and i listened and thought about it. She had valuable observations....

Close or openminded....

Edited by benalibina

Maybe they do have a Thai expat site in the US... If so, they are probably bashing the hell outta the States smile.png

I hear you, and I don't disagree. but IMO that's not the question, in my opinion the question is, would we like it?

I know I would not.

Some of it I would agree, and some of it I would disagree, but if it was constant and and non stop I would be offended

If American women were constantly depicted as whores, I would be offended,(my sister and daughter is American) etc

and I am sure you would also

If American men were depicted as lazy incompetent fools , me and my friends being American men, would be offended

as I am sure you would also

This in my opinion would be a reasonable reaction, and to think anything different I think would be unreasonable

It would be reasonable to have a negative opinion of people who have a negative opinion of me

let's also keep in mind that what a negative opinion of immigrants would reflect it;s self negatively when it comes to Immigration policy.

I don't know, what do you think?smile.png

• Like 1

Hmmmm....what is written comes first....unfortunately people see only the ....tone.....it is written in.....an outsiders point of view about...a country....should make natives think about themselves.....when i lived with a thai woman in my country, she critisized my country and i listened and thought about it. She had valuable observations....

Close or openminded....

let's be reasonable, there is a difference between constructive criticism and bashing.

If some one found fault with me , I would listen, I like to think I am open minded

but if some one was constantly critical of me , I would be offended, after all I do have a measure of self esteem

• Like 2

Say what you want. This is a forum focused on foreigners here. Not a PR exercise to impress Thais

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think any forum is a PR exercise, do you know of one that is?

But I think we need to be more reasonable, or do you think the depiction of Thais in this forum is reasonable?

How would Gays like a forum where gays are constantly bashed? and what opinion do you think Gays would have of those doing the bashing?

Say what you want. This is a forum focused on foreigners here. Not a PR exercise to impress Thais

But I think we need to be more reasonable, or do you think the depiction of Thais in this forum is reasonable?

How would Gays like a forum where gays are constantly bashed? and what opinion do you think Gays would have of those doing the bashing?

Or gay Thais

Gay bait rejected.

I think people are expressing their various opinions. Some I find reasonable and some not. Again the purpose of this forum is not to never offend any Thais.

Je suis Charlie

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Gay bait rejected.

I think people are expressing their various opinions. Some I find reasonable and some not. Again the purpose of this forum is not to never offend any Thais.

Je suis Charlie

I object to your depiction of my analogy as "Gay Bait"

this is just a lame attempt to deflect a fair question,

Definitely not living up to Poster of the Year standards, sad.png

Gay bait rejected.

Je suis Charlie

I object to your depiction of my analogy as "Gay Bait"

this is just a lame attempt to deflect a fair question,

Definitely not living up to Poster of the Year standards, sad.png

Thanks for sharing.

Gay bait rejected.

Je suis Charlie

sense you seem to like my sharing so much , let me share something else with you

aside from your unfair depiction of my analogy, you seem to have missed the gist of this thread,

no one is suggesting to "never offend Thais" the objection is , constant bashing, and how it might be perceived by Thaisfacepalm.gif