Thai motorbike licence ?

songhklasid

I would like to get a thai motoebike licence, I am married to a thai national, have a house in thailand, but we dont live full time in country yet, we both still work oz, but visit 2-3 times a year, Can anyone tell me the criteria for a falang wanting a thai motorbike licence ?

many thanks Songhklasid.coffee1.gif

Found this online, might be helpful.

• If you can not read and / nor understand the Thai language, you are allowed to bring a interpreter to fill the forms and translate the possible instruction class and tests.
  • Valid Passport with Valid Non-immigrant Visa
  • Signed copies of the passport's first page, the page with the current non-immigrant visa, the page with the last entry stamp and the TM-card.
  • A certified letter of address from the applicant's embassy, or from the Immigration Bureau (document can not be older than 30 days).

Tip: The letter from the embassy is the fastest option, but the immigration office will provide this service for free. However, it will take them 3-6 weeks to complete and an officer from your local police station will visit your place of residence for verification.

If you are working in Thailand: the blue workbook, better known as your work permit, can replace either of these documents and serve as address verification!

• A doctor's certificate stating that the applicant is in good health, both physically and mentally (standard forms are available from most clinics and should not be more than 30 days old)
  • 2 photos, 1 x 1 inch and not older than 6 months (photo service is available on the premises).
  • Valid international driver's license plus signed photocopy or translated regular driving licence from the applicant's home country, certified by Embassy or consulate. (if available).
  • Note that 1 set of these documents is required per licence applications. However, when applying for both a car and a motorcycle license, an extra copy of the doctor's certificate and the letter of address will suffice for the second application.

If you already have a license from your home country you do not have to take a test.

Jan.

• Like 1

Ifi have a Thai drivers license for a car it shows my address do I still need the letter from the embassy and I am on a O visa?

It's easier and cheaper to get the residence certificate from immi.

Yes you will need that or yellow house book which I now have.

If you have passed your Driving test in your home country for a motorcycle, no further bike test is needed in LOS only colour blind/depth perception and reactions test ( that's what I found in the transport office that I visited.)

• Like 1

Getting stopped costs 400 Baht for a ticket or 200 or less for a bribe. I've been stopped twice in 13 years.

Have you ridden/toured far in that time?

No usually less than 100 km from home. I do have a Thai license for a car just haven't done the motorcycle license yet.

Edited by Sakeopete
  • Like 1

Getting stopped costs 400 Baht for a ticket or 200 or less for a bribe. I've been stopped twice in 13 years.

Have you ridden/toured far in that time?

No usually less than 100 km from home. I do have a Thai license for a car just haven't done the motorcycle license yet.

I would think after 13 years the ''yet'' is superfluous