Bangkok: Porsche-Ferrari 'racing' ends in crashes

webfact

The reactions regarding this (and other) incident(s) coming from Thais and farangs are totally different...

On Thai social media, everyone is worried for the driver and feel sorry to see such a nice car in such a state.

Farangs, on the contrary, are... well... writing all what we can read here.

Anyway, some more pictures of this older Ferrari 360, which indeed is (was) not worth more than 10 million.

post-12654-1421166158718_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14211661718644_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14211661826203_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Not sure where this comes into it ?? paper say's totaled his 10-million baht Ferrari ? maybe is a copy ? or a heap of junk that is why he could not stop in time ?

cheapest Ferrari here is 23 million up to 39 million !!

​Edit: looks like the F430 spider, costing 24 million, maybe 10 million is the value the Insurance will give ?

That's a Ferrari 360, and certainly not a Spider (which is a convertible/cabriolet). He may have paid 10 Mil for it couple of years ago, but you can get one for 5-6M these days and even a Spider is less than 10M.

Edit: I posted straight from page1, so I just saw Gerry (Je suis aussi 1011) beat me to it [with pictures]. If the stripes on it are original then it is a Stradale and maybe [was] worth close to 10 Million.

Edited by MrY

In Australia he wouldn't get a fine, he would be facing criminal charges of "Conduct endangering life", Manner Dangerous etc. He would be facing jail time and the insurance company would wipe their hands of him. A 1K baht fine oh pleasecheesy.gifcheesy.gif No wonder these spoilt rich morons don't give a hoot.

• Like 2

The reactions regarding this (and other) incident(s) coming from Thais and farangs are totally different...

On Thai social media, everyone is worried for the driver and feel sorry to see such a nice car in such a state.

Anyway, some more pictures of this older Ferrari 360, which indeed is (was) not worth more than 10 million.

You didn't tell us which way your thoughts tend. Wealth has its entitlements, perhaps?

"Friends of Jirapat also arrived at the police station in an unsuccesful effort to dissuade journalists from reporting on the incident, citing fears that Jirapat's parents would find out about the accident."

Mr. Big Boy is afraid mommy and daddy will find out about his crash cheesy.gif, this kid is still in college, he goes by Best Tangapivattana on his facebook page, apparently he has another ferrari and porsche gt3 at home as well. FB page still open for public to see.

He probably bought it 2nd hand hence the 10 million valuation? either way 1000 baht fined and released for admitting to street racing and reckless driving. Again amazing thailand.

Time to play the name and shame game, which developers son is this kid from?

Edited by mike324

Love the aftermarket crappy go faster stripe, maybe he though he was Don Johnson or something.

I bet we was wearing a pair of rayban aviators to go with it. rolleyes.gif

Actually its not an aftermarket stripe, its a factory stripe. That seems like its a 360 Stradale, the sporty version of the normal Ferrari 360. Don't be fool into thinking stripes on high sports cars such as ferrari and porshe are aftermarket, most are actually factory stripes biggrin.png indicating that its a higher performance and sporty model of their basic models.

• Like 1

Not sure where this comes into it ?? paper say's totaled his 10-million baht Ferrari ? maybe is a copy ? or a heap of junk that is why he could not stop in time ?

​Edit: looks like the F430 spider, costing 24 million, maybe 10 million is the value the Insurance will give ?

That's a Ferrari 360, and certainly not a Spider (which is a convertible/cabriolet). He may have paid 10 Mil for it couple of years ago, but you can get one for 5-6M these days and even a Spider is less than 10M.

Edit: I posted straight from page1, so I just saw Gerry (Je suis aussi 1011) beat me to it [with pictures]. If the stripes on it are original then it is a Stradale and maybe [was] worth close to 10 Million.

You can't get a 360 for 5-6 mil, its still closer to 8-10 mil.

Love the aftermarket crappy go faster stripe, maybe he though he was Don Johnson or something.

I bet we was wearing a pair of rayban aviators to go with it. rolleyes.gif

Actually its not an aftermarket stripe, its a factory stripe. That seems like its a 360 Stradale, the sporty version of the normal Ferrari 360. Don't be fool into thinking stripes on high sports cars such as ferrari and porshe are aftermarket, most are actually factory stripes biggrin.png indicating that its a higher performance and sporty model of their basic models.

Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale factory stripes (if they are original).

Sure you can. thumbsup.gif I've been offered several at above prices at Ferma (Empire Motor Sports) and those are the prices they've recently changed hands at. (I may upgrade in the far distant future once the prices level out, but I'll take another Maserati over Ferrari any day). I check Thai second hand car sites from time to time and at the 'tent' asking prices the same [high-end] cars stay for sale months and years.

Sure you can. thumbsup.gif I've been offered several at above prices at Ferma (Empire Motor Sports) and those are the prices they've recently changed hands at. (I may upgrade in the far distant future once the prices level out, but I'll take another Maserati over Ferrari any day). I check Thai second hand car sites from time to time and at the 'tent' asking prices the same [high-end] cars stay for sale months and years.

Is Ferma still the same owner as Cavallino? Since Cavallino is the official dealer now since around 2 years ago. 5-6 mill is quite a good price for a 360, surprise the price dropped so much these years. The 8-10 being sold online has indeed stayed there for months and years. For the price of 360, it is quite tempting, but I would probably opt for even older models which are around 3-4 mil and at the bottom of the depreciation.

Not sure if you are into porsches, the old model porsche prices have jump quite a bit these couple of years.

Appears to be a Challenge Stradale based in wheels and stripes. A little more $$$ than a regular 360 Modena.

Appears to be a Challenge Stradale based in wheels and stripes. A little more $$$ than a regular 360 Modena.

This topic deserves to be moved to the motoring Forum, since we have a few Tifosi among us.thumbsup.gif

He certainly can shake the titties when he dances.

What the fuzz, accidents happen.

Lucky no one was badly injured. If it was not a expensive Ferrari involved and a rich kid,

nobody would have noticed that crash. Nobody written here. wink.png

I drove at high speeds on my home countries roads - mostly highways to, in my own (Porsche) and rented sport cars,

up to Lamborghini Gallardo. Sometimes with other Sport car drivers, its thrilling.

Much more often I drove with Super Bikes and my buddies fast, everywhere. rolleyes.gif

To "mock" the young man about his body fat is than low class in my opinion. blink.png Some like to exercise and some like to eat and "exercise special", with fork and knife. tongue.png