Printer advice needed

Jaray

Hi all,

Now I am back in Thailand permanently I would like to buy a new printer to use with my PC. I used to use an EPSON Photoprint in the west and it gave excellent results. Any recommendations as to what I could consider? A4 Colour inkjet for primarily printing photos plus CD printing capabilities. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Well you are going to have to find someone that looks like he might have an inkling of how to repair a printer first. Big C and company are just going to send it off somewhere until you get a phone call sayin that repair will cost more than a new one. About three weeks later.

When an inkjet printer breaks down and is out of warrenty then forget trying to repair, throw it away and by a new one.

The reason is that this printers are so cheap that none manufacturer provide spareparts.

There are only a couple of professional inkjet printers which can be repaired but these printers cost the same or more than a good Laserprinter.

When you have a big printing output than do yourself a favour and by a laserprinter.

They are for the longterm significant cheaper and you get normaly every part for repair.

In my opinion the biggest benefit (special here in thailand) is that the ink can not dry out and clogging the Printhead.

Regards

• Like 1

I had external tanks fitted and the ink seems as good as the originals. Saves a lot of money as the external ink tanks are cheap to refill and last a year or more on ordinary household printing. Price for a conversion is around ฿ุ600.

Canon printers have served me well for a number of years. It's vital to get one with a scanner as I like to keep copies of documents and Immigration dept renewals etc.

If you go in for printing a number of pages at a time, get a printer which will do 2-sided printing (forgotten the name)